Tell me about Conceirge at Poly

glencoe

DIS Veteran
I am being wooed/swayed towards conceirge at the Poly, but I need more info. Where is the lounge compared to the rooms. Is there one in every conceirge building or just one lounge for all conceirge buildings. Do all lounge's have a view of the MK? what kind of food/snacks/ are offered and how often? Are the rooms any different? Thanks again for all info, you guys are awesome!! :grouphug:

1990 GF-honeymoon
1998 off site (sorry)
2000 off site (sorry again)
2002 yep again sorry
feb. 2005 Poly-finally learned my lesson! :earboy2:

Poly Concierge is great! We were there in November and had a wonderful time. The lounge is located at one end of Hawaii, the main concierge building. We utilized the lounge quite a lot. The food offerings were superb...there was something different every night and it was all delicious. We had a great simple breakfast every morning, grabbed a diet coke for the monorail ride and were off for the day. At lunchtime, if we were around, our 5 year old wanted to be in the lounge snacking on gummi worms and goldfish. The evening offerings were plentiful and there was always a great selection from chicken to ribs to barbecue to sushi. There was always a vegetable platter and cheese and crackers for the less adventurous (and also beer, wine and soft drinks) After 7pm, the chefs put out amazing desserts and cordials.

The lounge has a magnificent view of the castle and the beach. We actually had a garden view room, which we loved. We watched the fireworks from various locations including the lounge and the beach. The lounge has a big screen television that is constantly showing some sort of Disney kids program.

If you are are planning any adults only evenings, the Neverland Club is the best! Our daughter wanted to spend every night there!

The concierge staff is wonderful. It was so nice to be able to walk downstairs and have 3 people there to help you with whatever you need, from dinner reservations to just general information about parades, hours or anything else. They are there from 7am to 9 or 10pm and really know their stuff.

All 3 of us truly loved the Poly Concierge and would have a hard time staying anywhere else.

Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Lisa

Ok so the actual lounge is in a different building? Since you stayed Garden view, are the garden view conceirge rooms different from the regular garden view rooms? I am so torn. I now have a lagoon view room booked. I am hesitant on changing because w/ 3 kids 9 and 5 boys and 2 yr old girl, I am really looking to get some sort of a view from my room if the kids pass out early and we get stuck in our room. My fear is we get stuck in the room and never get to really enjoy the concierge room or walking to the beach to view something because the 2 yr old is sleeping in the room. We also can't take advantage of the Neverland because it is 4 yrs and up. Of course the 2 yr old can use it if we stay, but that just isn't the same! :guilty:
does anyone know if the ground level rooms have exit access out by sliding glass doors (or if the rooms w/ balconies have a place to sit outside)?
Sorry so many questions. I can't find that link to that "tiki" website w/ all the specific info. thanks again. :confused: ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo :earboy2: pirate: princess:

The garden view and lagoon view concierge rooms are in the same building as the concierge lounge. The concierge SUITES are in a different building.

The lounge is situated so that the view is of the lagoon, castle, etc -- its a magnificent view.

Liz

The lounge is in Hawaii, the Concierge building. There is another building (Tonga??) which houses the suites. They have limited concierge service in their lounge, but have access to the one in Hawaii. Only the rooms in Hawaii and Tonga have access to the Concierge lounge.

If you have such a young child, I can see why you would like to have a logoon view room. We went with the garden view because we knew we wouldn't be sitting on the balcony wanting to watch the EWP or the fireworks. We spent a lot of time in the room, however and had a wonderful view of the quiet pool.

I don't think you can go wrong with any room at the concierge level. The staff, the grounds, the amenities, they are all fabulous!!

Enjoy your trip!

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter