Tell me about BCV

KPH500

Mouseketeer
What do you love? What's not so great? Lay it on me!

We're thinking of staying there on our next trip so I'd love some input from the experts.

Thanks mucho! :)

We loved everything really. The only small inconvenience I found was that it seemed far from the Villas to the BC Marketplace to the drink refill station. But we don't usually buy the refillable mugs on most trips, so I don't think that's a big deal.

Oh, and they could really expand the food selections at the Marketplace.

Pluses:
We loved how close the Villas were to the parking lot because we had a car.
Stormalong Bay.
Art the Greeter.
Best part - the quick walk to Epcot through the International Gateway.
The smell in the Beach Club lobby.
Excellent cast members - they were the nicest and most responsive of any resort we've stayed at, and I usually find almost all the CMs to be really nice.

I think it is one of the most popular places with kids because it seems noisier over ther than most resorts. Other than that it is a perfectly nice place.

For us, it was all about the location. Being able to pop in and out of Epcot during the day was a big plus. As our favorite park, we spend a lot of time here. We'll also have quite a few dinners in the World Showcase during a vacation. It was nice to go back to the room, shower and change, and be right there for dinner.

BCV is top of my list for table service, and bottom of my list for counter service. We love both Cape May Cafe (both breakfast and dinner) and Beaches & Cream. (For the life of me, I can't figure out why B&C doesn't take ADRs, though.) As far as the selection in the Marketplace goes, though -- P.U. (with a capital "ew"). What I wouldn't give to have SSR's Artist's Pallet replicated at BCV. Hurricane Hanna's (at the SAB pool) is another counter service option that offers a little more selection. However, trying to get near it when the pool is open is a chore.

I wasn't real fond of the long hallways at BCV. I do prefer the condo style resorts. But getting to the villas isn't that bad (as compared to some of the resorts).

We're studio stayers on most trips. One other down side of the BCV is the number of washers and dryers in the common laundry room. They're big machines, but I wish they'd add a few.

Quiet pool is very nice. There's also a BBQ grill in this area and a few tables.

We've never used the Community Hall at the resorts that have them, so I didn't really miss that.

SAB is a big plus. We enjoyed this pool so much, it was a really large factor in our buying points at BCV. It's one of the few you can't pool hop to, so you need to be staying at Beach or Yacht clubs to use it.

We didn't stay for the entire show, but we also thought the campfire and movies on the beach were a nice touch.

The pastel colors in the rooms are also nice. It truly does give it a beachy feel.

Thank you all for your input. This looks and sounds like such a great place, can't wait to try it out!

Now here's the million dollar question ... what are my chances of getting a week for July 2010 at the 7 month mark?

:confused3:confused3

We got December 21-29 at the 7 month mark if that's any help (which it's not) (a 1 BR). We had to waitlist for the 29th but it came through in August.

It's a smaller resort, so less rooms, but we were successful. It's just really hard to predict, I think.

Thank you all for your input. This looks and sounds like such a great place, can't wait to try it out!

Now here's the million dollar question ... what are my chances of getting a week for July 2010 at the 7 month mark?
We got in at the 7 months point for July 2008 without even having to go on the waiting list. I think you've got a good chance.

I still recommend making a reservation at your home resort at 11 months and switching when the 7 month window opens. That way you're certain to have someplace to stay.

We got in at the 7 months point for July 2008 without even having to go on the waiting list. I think you've got a good chance.

I still recommend making a reservation at your home resort at 11 months and switching when the 7 month window opens. That way you're certain to have someplace to stay.

That's my plan, so worst case we're at Kidani Village in July. Not too shabby!

We just had our first DVC stay at BCV, and loved it! The pillows could be a little bigger, and the decor could use some updating (very minor complaints), but other than that, everything was awesome. We all had a blast at SAB, and loved being able to walk to Epcot. Preparing breakfast & most lunches in the room was great, too. I really can't think of anything I disliked about it.

We stayed at BCV for a week in June and my favorite part was proximity of our room to Marketplace. We were on the 3rd floor with a view of the quiet pool just a few steps from the elevator. The kids loved SAB and I loved the proximity to Epcot. DH on the other hand hated walking to Epcot and wished there was a bus he could ride back to the hotel from Futureland. He's not too crazy about the walk.
We stayed in a studio and it was like an act of congress to find out where the laundry room was. I didn't ask during check in, and when I called the front desk on day3, I was told laundry facilities were by the quiet pools so I searched for it and was unable to find it. I then walked to the front desk and asked a person and got the standard (by the quiet pool) reply to which I asked them to mark on the mp exactly where by the quiet pool cause I had been looking for it for an hour. She then asked 3 other CM and only 1 person knew the exact location.

We just stayed there in April. (Man, it feels so long ago). We loved it.
Pros:
-Loved the quick walk to EPCOT. It was nice to hop in and out if we just wanted to walk around World Showcase.
-Loved being able to hop the monorail from MK area to EPCOT and then walking back to the hotel.
-Boat to DHS
-Quick and pretty walk to Boardwalk for nighttime entertainment.
-SAB. Dds are 3 and almost 6. They loved the sand play area, and dd1 loved the pirate slide. The shallow area is nice since little ones who can't yet swim can go in there and not have to be held. It's better than a zero entry that only has a small area where they can play before it gets too deep. Dd who's three could play in the entire area without any assistance from us.
-Love the beach theme
-The quiet pool looks really peaceful. We never used it, but it looked really nice.
Hurricane Hannah's has good burgers. (Or so I'm told by dh and dd since I don't eat them. Their other choices are good too).

Cons:
-Long walk from the villas to SAB. You don't want to forget anything at the room since it takes a while to get back there. Especially since we hung out at the kids area of the pool which is near the YC and as far away from the villas as possible.
-Don't love that dd needs an adult to go on the slide since she has to cross the sidewalk to go up the slide. At most other pools, we can hang out in the pool while she goes up and down a million times. It makes it more challenging if there's only one parent and one kid who won't go on the slide.
-The bus ride to AK takes forever with all the stops to get back to BC. We don't mind the buses, so this isn't a big deal to us, but if we spent more than a day or two at AK it would get old.
-It's a bummer it's so popular which makes it harder to book.

We absolutely love BCV. (Granted we love all the DVCs). We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Good luck getting your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter