Teen Twins Alaskan Adventure!

Jnaterrell

Earning My Ears
I am so very excited about our upcoming cruise to Alaska on the Disney Wonder. I have gained so much from reading others trip reports, so I thought I'd finally try to write one and share our experience so I'll start with with this pre-trip report detailing all our plans :)

This will be our 8th Disney Cruise. We've done the Bahamas and Caribbean and are so ready for a new climate and different experiences! Most times we cruise with a larger group of friends and family, but this time it's just our crew and I'm excited for the family time together: Me (Andrea, lover of all things Disney including planning all our adventures), Josh (DH, who indulges me in all of my planning of our adventures) H1 (DD-13, our beautiful, creative, fun-loving girl) and H2 (DS-13, our outgoing, funny adventurous boy)

I booked this cruise on opening day, way back in February of 2017 with a placeholder. The countdown has seemed to drag on forever but we are finally getting closer!

Our itinerary:
August 4: flight from Austin to Seattle, arriving at 9:05 am. We plan to drop our bags at the hotel, rest up a little if we can get an early check-in and head out to explore Seattle. We want to visit Pike Place Market, the Space Needle, and maybe the Chihuly museum before our Mariners game that evening. My DH is a big baseball fan and visiting this ballpark is a bucket list item for him.

August 5: Amtrak Cascades train to Vancouver arriving at 11:45 am. I am excited for the train ride as I've heard the scenery is nice and it's something we've never done. Upon arrival in Vancouver, we will go to our hotel in North Vancouver, drop our bags and head to Grouse Mountain for the afternoon.

August 6: We will wake up bright and early and head to Capilano Suspension bridge park and arrive when it opens. After a couple of hours of exploring there, we'll head back to hotel, grab our luggage and head to the port to board the Disney Wonder. Hoping we might have time to squeeze in Fly Over Canada as well.

Port Plans...we went back and forth A LOT on port plans but finally settled on these.
Skagway: We are booked with Chilkoot Charters on the Yukon Expedition, bus first and train back.

Juneau: We have a rental car booked with Juneau Car Rental, we will go first thing to Mendenhall Glacier to explore the trails. After that, time permitting we'd like to visit Eagle Beach. We have an afternoon tour booked with Coastal Helicopters for a Glacier Icefield Excursion. The kids do not know about the helicopter tour, we will keep this as a surprise. On the chance that it gets cancelled, we are hoping to keep the rental car for some more exploring and maybe do the tram up the mountain.

Ketchikan: Zodiac boats! Booked with Ketchikan Outdoors for the zodiac boats tour. Super excited for this one and hoping for good weather!

We are also booked for a Palo brunch, a Palo dinner and a character breakfast! We fly home the day we disembark, which I'm sure will be a sad day for all. Super pumped for this trip and just ready for it to be here! Hope you'll follow along on our Alaskan adventure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!