teddan edo AND yak&yeti

Susycakes

Earning My Ears
Would it be silly to eat at both on the same trip..? ( different days obviously...) or is food similar. We are confused on what to eat on our AK day..or should we CS it and head over to DTD for a sit down meal of the day? What do you experts recommend? I'm new to this

They are not at all similar. Teppan Edo is strictly Japanese. Yak & Yeti is Asian fusion but has more of a Chinese influence.

For your AK day, thats what we do. We grab a CS at lunch then have a sit down meal for dinner at DTD. I like Raglan Road and TRex. I also like WGPE (marketplace). Granted, it is CS, but its GREAT FOOD! Its usually the highlight meal of my trip! :goodvibes I havent been, but I heard House of Blues is also good.

I recommend Yak & Yeti. We went their once and really enjoyed it. The food was really good! Teppan Edo is not very similar and is quite an experience with the chef grilling your food right at your table. I don't plan on going back to that one anytime soon, but it's totally worth doing at least once.

On our AK day we have CS at Yak & Yeti (love the fried rice & egg roll--plenty of food!) & then do dinner back at our resort. It's our "early" night.

teppan edo and y&y are not really that similar. if you are looking for something even more different, head to animal kingdom lodge after you're finished at ak for sanaa or boma. sanaa is my favorite restaurant on property. have a great time!

Do CS at AK then head to Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge for dinner. Yum!!

Would it be silly to eat at both on the same trip..? ( different days obviously...) or is food similar. We are confused on what to eat on our AK day..or should we CS it and head over to DTD for a sit down meal of the day? What do you experts recommend? I'm new to this

Teppan is more about the experience. The hibachi with the chef cooking in front of you. Y+Y is more of a chinese food restaurant. No show just good food. We love Y+Y. But if you want something differant try RFC. This is one of our favs. We also like Tuskerhouse. Great food. Buffet style. I am picky and found plenty to eat. No characters at dinner.

We ate at both during our honeymoon in 2009. Totally different food and atmospheres. Both great.

If I were to pick one or the other, however, I would do Y&Y (and this is our plan for our trip in May). I feel the hibachi was too similar to restaurants we have near us, in entertainment, atmosphere, and food quality. We have nothing like Y&Y anywhere near us.

If you have to choose just one, and you have a hibachi place nearby, keep Yak & Yeti. Portions are large and steak & shrimp combo is good. AK is the "hottest" park, so getting out of the sun for a while to eat is an enjoyable break. Teppan edo is tasty as well, but the food is similar to what you can get elsewhere, with smaller portions.

I also think these two are different enough that you should be fine. I absolutely love Yak and Yeti. It's a must-do when we go to AK. Teppan Edo is more about the entertainment, while I think Yak and Yeti has a more elegant theme and has great food.

If you have to choose just one, and you have a hibachi place nearby, keep Yak & Yeti. Portions are large and steak & shrimp combo is good. AK is the "hottest" park, so getting out of the sun for a while to eat is an enjoyable break. Teppan edo is tasty as well, but the food is similar to what you can get elsewhere, with smaller portions.

Thanks everyone for the great advice! The reason we r doing so much table service is to give myself a break in the day - I live w a chronic health condition..so thx for letting me know abut AK! Bc I was leaning to not doing a TS that day!

I made ADRs for both although I'm now leaning towards canceling teppan edo for the Mexican place..wow so ,any good reviews and the menu looks delish! I'm originally from NYC so I've had hibachi plenty of times... What do u guys think? My only hesitation is I wonder if they have anything for my soon to be 5 yr old dd

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter