Technicalities...

Mom B

DIS Veteran
I haven't seen that these questions have been addressed yet...forgive me if I missed it.

1) The rules state that everyone in your "party" has to take the Plan...does this mean everyone in our "grand gathering" group, or can we go room by room? (We haven't planned any "gg" events or anything, but when I made multiple room reservations at the same time they automatically assigned us a number.)

2) Do we have to choose to take the Plan for the entire length of our stay...for example, we're staying nights 1 and 7 at Pop Century and nights 2 through 6 at Old Key West (on DVC points)...could we do the Plan for just the OKW reservations?

Hopefully I'm not suggesting anything "illegal" here...just trying to define the rules more clearly.

Thanks for your help! :thumbsup2

Everyone on the reservation has to have the plan for the entire length of stay....

My understanding (someone please correct me if you have experienced that this is wrong) is that if you have 3 rooms in one reservation all rooms have to be on the plan, but if you have 3 reservations for one room each, each room can have different plans. I **think*** that a grand gathering allows the reservations to be separate but linked in grand gathering status.

As far as for the entire length of stay, if you dont want it for the whole length of stay you can book your stay as two separate reservations. So according to your info yes you should be able to get ddp for just OKW.

Mom B said:
1) The rules state that everyone in your "party" has to take the Plan...does this mean everyone in our "grand gathering" group, or can we go room by room? (We haven't planned any "gg" events or anything, but when I made multiple room reservations at the same time they automatically assigned us a number.)

Everyone in the ROOM must get the same tickets and addons like DDP. I have heard of some GG groups not even staying at the same resorts.

Mom B said:
2) Do we have to choose to take the Plan for the entire length of our stay...for example, we're staying nights 1 and 7 at Pop Century and nights 2 through 6 at Old Key West (on DVC points)...could we do the Plan for just the OKW reservations?

Yes you can do the plan for just the OKW nights, the reservations are not linked.
Sounds like you have 3 seperate reservations, you can "choose" to purchase the plan with all three but you are not obligated. Since you have 2 seperate POP reservations the only way you could actually get the DDP on both those nights would be to by 2 packages(which would require 2 seperate ticket purchases).

beth_cam said:
Everyone on the reservation has to have the plan for the entire length of stay....

My understanding (someone please correct me if you have experienced that this is wrong) is that if you have 3 rooms in one reservation all rooms have to be on the plan, but if you have 3 reservations for one room each, each room can have different plans.
Beth is right -- it's per ressie, not per room. So the answer to your question depends on whether, in fact, the ressies are different. You need to check your confirmations or call MS/CRO to be sure. (If you're renting your OKW stay, you're going to have to have the owner call because MS is no longer taking calls from non-members.)

Within a particular ressie, it's all-in/all-out. If you have three OKW studios on the same ressie, for example, either all persons in all three rooms would get the DDP or no one would.

We have a 6-night stay at a DVC resort on points coming up in a week. I called to reserve 2 2Bdrm villas at the same time, but was given separate confirmation numbers for each. Later, I was able to add dining to just one of those villa reservations. I'm pretty sure I did it through email, but I should probably call and confirm.

Please note, though, that you do have to purchase dining for all people on the reservation for those rooms. For our reservation (6 nights, 4 AD 3 CH) it was about $1100. And well worth it in our opinion. :)

You can have different reservation numbers all linked to one grand gathering number. Not everyone in our GG is on the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter