Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report - 1,500 pictures, dining reviews, and DISmeets!

After 5 margaritas I'd be having a great time even if I were sitting with the penguins in Antarctica! :rotfl:

Oh those scallops look so good! I am still amazed at what an adventurous eater Wil is for his age.

I don't know how you guys did the deluxe plan. We just got back from doing basic and I was stuffed all the time. We had to use up and bring home 8 snack credits on our last day. :laughing:

Btw, we all LOVED Narcoossee's so you (and your pictures) can take full credit for getting us to go there and discovering my new favorite place!

Our steaks were tough there, too. We had NY Strips. Hmmmmmm...... Love that you had 5 Ritas- but you're a big boy, I'm thinkin' you can handle it! :rotfl:

glad to have read your review of yachtmans. we went last year and mostly liked the food, but had bad service and it was FREEZING in the restaurant! So much so that they were handing out tablecloths as blankets for women in dresses! NO, I am not joking. It was so cold none of us could eat, the waitress dropped food and silverware on me, Johns steak was RAW, not rare, RAW! so the experience wasn't great, but we could tell had everything gone right it would have been the best meal of the trip! lol! Your review has now made me doubly sure and it is def on our must do for our next trip!

Oh my...those scallops have my mouth watering and my tummy grumbling. And the desserts. I'm surprised after 5 margaritas that you were able to take pictures. :rotfl2:

We've never been and we'll have to put it on our list for our next visit (probably 2011).

This was our second trip to Yachtsman and we loved it. It is, dare I say, a little fancy for our tastes as a family....but Elizabeth and I really enjoyed it.

Alan,
I'm mostly a lurker on these boards, but couldn't help but to send you a short note to thank you for a great report. Just the right amount of text and photos. You have a beautiful family and I really relate to your perspective on "family" vacation. Savor every moment.

Thanks.

Thanks very much! It has been a lot of fun reliving the memories by doing the trip report! Sorry I have taken so long with it.

I am caught up with your latest updates. All that food looks so good. I am glad you were having such a good time.

Oh yeah.....we ALL had a great time!

Alan,

Just one question, if I may,

Did you like the margaritas? :drinking1

Regards,

Luis

Hi Luis! Hope all is well. Uh.....yeah.....I liked the margaritas.....just don't ask me to SPELL margarita after 5 of them! :rotfl2: Seriously, they were delicious, and I normally would not have had 5 drinks.....but it was our last night at Disney and I was in the mood to celebrate our anniversary!

The scallops....I'll take some right now! They look like heaven!!

I KNOW!!!!

Awesome update as usual !! Have to econd Luis's? Do you like the marqueritas:confused3:rotfl2:

Wil's scallops looked mouth watering and so did th rack of lamb!!!

Yeah, Wil definitely did the best job of ordering at the Yachtsman. Next time, I will order the exact same things he ordered this time!

5 margaritas! I bet you were having a great time! ;)

Really, the evening sounds perfect - despite the meh steak. Did the waiter notice you only ate a small portion of it?

I am putting Living with the Land on our MUST DO list. We haven't ridden it since '06, we just kept missing it! I think my in-laws are gonna really like it too.

Hmmm....I don't know if the waiter noticed or not. Of course after 5 margaritas I didn't notice much of anything! :rotfl2: Nah, seriously, it was a lot of fun, and there was PLENTY of food!

Sounds like your anniversary meal was a hit, especially the margaritas.;)

Looking forward to Star Wars weekend.

A great meal, a great experience, and a great night. Star Wars Weekend is coming up!

After 5 margaritas I'd be having a great time even if I were sitting with the penguins in Antarctica! :rotfl:

Oh those scallops look so good! I am still amazed at what an adventurous eater Wil is for his age.

I don't know how you guys did the deluxe plan. We just got back from doing basic and I was stuffed all the time. We had to use up and bring home 8 snack credits on our last day. :laughing:

Btw, we all LOVED Narcoossee's so you (and your pictures) can take full credit for getting us to go there and discovering my new favorite place!

I just couldn't help myself! Those margaritas were SOOOO good! You would think that I had never had a margarita before in my life.....but I guess I was just in the mood that night.

Wil has always been pretty adventurous with food - but here's the weird thing...he doesn't like simple, basic stuff! We own a hot dog restaurant and Wil won't eat a hot dog! Have you ever heard of a kid that doesn't like hot dogs?

Oh, there is NO DOUBT that the Deluxe Dining plan is toooo much food. It really does feel like a waste....but we do love that VIP treatment. Elizabeth and I have always felt that fine dining was a part of what we enjoy most about vacationing. We are both fans of Food Network, Top Chef, etc.....and we really have an appreciation for fine dining. We had like a gajillion snack credits left on our last day also....but I am getting ahead of myself!

COOL! So glad you all loved Narcoossee's. That is a really nice place, isn't it?

Our steaks were tough there, too. We had NY Strips. Hmmmmmm...... Love that you had 5 Ritas- but you're a big boy, I'm thinkin' you can handle it! :rotfl:

Oh yeah....you know I can handle it Ellen!

That Thong Wearing Brazillian can handle anything!!!!

Darn skippy!!! And don't forget it!

glad to have read your review of yachtmans. we went last year and mostly liked the food, but had bad service and it was FREEZING in the restaurant! So much so that they were handing out tablecloths as blankets for women in dresses! NO, I am not joking. It was so cold none of us could eat, the waitress dropped food and silverware on me, Johns steak was RAW, not rare, RAW! so the experience wasn't great, but we could tell had everything gone right it would have been the best meal of the trip! lol! Your review has now made me doubly sure and it is def on our must do for our next trip!

Wow, what a rotten experience you all had! Isn't that wild how some people can go on different nights and have a totally different experience? What was up with the air conditioning when you all were there? You would think that if they had to hand out tablecloths as blankets, that might be a SIGN! DUH! I am surprised to hear that your service wasn't good. That has been the thing I most remembered about our experience.

Hmmm...that's probably true....but, I still wonder- how many margaritas does it take for him to sport a tutu? :confused3 :rotfl2:

Uh......6? maybe 7! ;)

i have brain freeze...you guys did the DDXP right?

Yep, DDXP all the way. As most people on the DIS will tell you, it is WAY too much food....but it is absolute heaven to treat yourself! Save your calorie counting for another time!

Oh, there is NO DOUBT that the Deluxe Dining plan is toooo much food. It really does feel like a waste....but we do love that VIP treatment. Elizabeth and I have always felt that fine dining was a part of what we enjoy most about vacationing. We are both fans of Food Network, Top Chef, etc.....and we really have an appreciation for fine dining. We had like a gajillion snack credits left on our last day also....but I am getting ahead of myself!

Alan, it is TOO much food, but I agree 100% that we love the vipness of it! We do however use all of our snack credits lol! Even just as gifts for teachers at home! Not a waste in my book! with saying that, we do the dxdp so it's not to much food! We only do 2 meals a day and it works out great!

Wow, what a rotten experience you all had! Isn't that wild how some people can go on different nights and have a totally different experience? What was up with the air conditioning when you all were there? You would think that if they had to hand out tablecloths as blankets, that might be a SIGN! DUH! I am surprised to hear that your service wasn't good. That has been the thing I most remembered about our experience.

I should correct myself. service wasn't terrible..other than her dropping stuff on me. she was VERY nice, just VERY slow and seemed flustered and idk clueless? but nice none the less!

You rock :thumbsup2

okay glad I'm not the only one who thinks it is a lot of food. but you are all right, I love being able to try a bit of everything. I'm laying out our dining for our next trip now. I need to show the DH how it all will break down.

I was shocked how we went thru the snack credits. I would run down and grab the pop tarts and coffee to hold everyone over until we got to our early morning ressies. It really helped. But even then we were heading home with extras.

Do you think Cali Grill would be too much for a 8 and 3 yr old? that's the one I really want to do but I'm kind of worried it might be too dressy for them. My DD3 is a great eater. She loves sushi.

love the updates. It makes waiting for for my trip soooo much easier.

I just couldn't help myself! Those margaritas were SOOOO good! You would think that I had never had a margarita before in my life.....but I guess I was just in the mood that night.

Wil has always been pretty adventurous with food - but here's the weird thing...he doesn't like simple, basic stuff! We own a hot dog restaurant and Wil won't eat a hot dog! Have you ever heard of a kid that doesn't like hot dogs?

COOL! So glad you all loved Narcoossee's. That is a really nice place, isn't it?

:laughing: Well like Ellen said...you can handle it! I'm not anti 5 drinks believe me! :thumbsup2 Just tequilla goes right to my head for some reason. :confused3

I have a niece and nephew that won't eat hot dogs. I'm sure part of it is because Den (DH) has made stories since they were young about what's in them. :rolleyes:

Ohhhh we love though shows too! I wish my stomach could handle more. I should be a fine diner but was thrown a digestive curve ball. :rotfl:

Narcoossee's is fantastic. Everything about it. From my very short mil loving the bar setup to the fantastic food and it not feeling so "siganture" that it felt like we didn't belong.

Most of the time we only had two meals each day also - we just ended up using 2 credits on the signature dinners. We are seriously considering doing just the regular dining plan next time.....but we'll see! We certainly do love the deluxe plan!

Oh, and you ROCK too! :hippie:

okay glad I'm not the only one who thinks it is a lot of food. but you are all right, I love being able to try a bit of everything. I'm laying out our dining for our next trip now. I need to show the DH how it all will break down.

I was shocked how we went thru the snack credits. I would run down and grab the pop tarts and coffee to hold everyone over until we got to our early morning ressies. It really helped. But even then we were heading home with extras.

Do you think Cali Grill would be too much for a 8 and 3 yr old? that's the one I really want to do but I'm kind of worried it might be too dressy for them. My DD3 is a great eater. She loves sushi.

love the updates. It makes waiting for for my trip soooo much easier.

Most of the snack credits we used before the last day were on sodas, bottled waters, etc. Oh, and we also used them on pastries at the resort. So much food.....must....go....on.... (it's a good thing we did all that walking all week long!)

Oh, I think California Grill is a MUST, especially if the 3-yr-old likes sushi. Try to get ressies early enough to have dinner, then watch the Wishes fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom from the observation deck connected to Cali Grill. That was one of our most memorable "Disneyesque" moments. California Grill is kid-friendly....not too stuffy. My children loved it. However, I will say that I recall their kids menu being somewhat limited.

Hi Alan !!! Check out my PTR , past meets are the current subject!!!

I'm there! I posted and subscribed.

:laughing: Well like Ellen said...you can handle it! I'm not anti 5 drinks believe me! :thumbsup2 Just tequilla goes right to my head for some reason. :confused3

I have a niece and nephew that won't eat hot dogs. I'm sure part of it is because Den (DH) has made stories since they were young about what's in them. :rolleyes:

Ohhhh we love though shows too! I wish my stomach could handle more. I should be a fine diner but was thrown a digestive curve ball. :rotfl:

Narcoossee's is fantastic. Everything about it. From my very short mil loving the bar setup to the fantastic food and it not feeling so "siganture" that it felt like we didn't belong.

I like tequila, but I rarely drink it. I suppose that's because I like a good margarita every now and then. Generally, I am a draft beer guy....or bourbon & coke.

All of those stories about what is in hot dogs! LOL!! I'm sure there are some truths to that, but at our restaurant we serve only all-beef products made from 100% beef and no fillers. Essentially, it is like hamburger meat that is pureed, molded into casings, and smoked.

You are totally right about Narcoossee's. To me, the Grand Floridian seems a little stuffy, but not Narcoossee's. It is Wil's favorite place at all of Disney World.

We woke up on Day 8 with the realization that it was finally here: our last day at Disney. :sad1: This had been such a wonderful family vacation that none of us were ready to see it end. However, we still had a full day to spend and we were going to take full advantage of it!

Here is the proverbial picture of the door to our room:

08-001.jpg

The view from our balcony:

08-002.jpg

08-003.jpg

Here is a family not ready to leave Disney World:

08-006.jpg

08-005.jpg

08-007.jpg

The skies were still dark and there was a light rain. We got up early to pack up and get an early start. We wanted to get to Disney's Hollywood Studios before rope drop at 9am. We had plenty of time, so we drove to the El Centro section of Coronado Springs Resort and decided to have breakfast at Maya Grill.

08-010.jpg

The breakfast buffet was adequate, but nothing special.

08-011.jpg

08-012.jpg

08-013.jpg

08-014.jpg

08-016.jpg

The only thing that was really great about this breakfast was that it was convenient. We walked right in, no waiting, and ate from the buffet. It was fine, but nothing special.

We took a few more pictures around CSR before leaving our WDW "home."

08-015.jpg

08-017.jpg

08-018.jpg

We absolutely LOVE Coronado Springs Resort and we will always cherish the memories of our time here. We said goodbye for this year and headed to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Wil and I were particularly excited about Star Wars Weekend at DHS!

Coming up next - our last day at DHS

I love the breakfast buffet idea. It is such a pain at the value resorts to wait in 2 or 3 lines to get your food at breakfast. I can't wait to hear about the last day.

When we first planned our trip, I had no idea that the last day of our vacation would be the first day of Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios! I think we found out around February or March that the Star Wars Weekends would begin on the Friday we would be there. Wil and I were thrilled, because Star Wars and The Clone Wars are something he and I share in common. We religiously watch the Clone Wars as our 'guy bonding' time at home.

We arrived on Friday morning around 8:45am and there was already a HUGE crowd.

08-019.jpg

08-020.jpg

08-021.jpg

We thought it was cool when we saw the Storm Troopers on top of the entrance.

08-022.jpg

The Storm Troopers were hilarious! They sparred with the crowd and made fun of how ugly these humans were!

08-023.jpg

08-024.jpg

08-025.jpg

08-026.jpg

08-027.jpg

08-028.jpg

08-029.jpg

Once the ropes dropped, most people headed either toward Toy Story Mania or the Star Tours area to see the Star Wars characters. Wil and I decided to go to Rock N' Roller Coaster and the Tower of Terror. Meanwhile, Elizabeth and Juliana walked towards Toy Story Mania. They would try to get FastPasses for later, then Juliana wanted to do the Magic of Disney Animation.

Anyway, Wil and I had a blast! We ended up riding RNRC twice and Tower of Terror once.

08-030.jpg

08-031.jpg

08-032.jpg

08-033.jpg

08-034.jpg

Coming up next - The Magic of Disney Animation and Star Wars characters! Later, lunch at Wolfgang Puck's.

Awwwww! Too bad it's your last day! Are you planning another trip yet? I can't wait to see your view on Star Wars things!!! My littlest wants to go for that so bad!!!!

Oh Alan, great pics of you and your son! but I am so bummed you are at your last day :(

Good thing you will be starting a new May PTR soon ;)

Alan I was at DHS the next Day !! It was still very Busy!!!!!!!I got an awesome collectors pin that I treasure !!I too had to ride TSM again!! (Note no RnR or ToT for me ):rotfl2: So Alan when will your PTR start!!!!!!:confused3:confused3

Love the update...as always...Alan. Thanks for the added pictures of CSR. It's nice that you consider it your "Disney home" as we do. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter