Team Mickey PJ 1/19/2010

TeamMickey

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! My name is Jenna and I am very new to the boards but my FI and I have been reading your posts and getting some great ideas and helpful tips. So thank you all for that!

Our Engagement:
My FI and I had been together for almost 6 years when he finally proposed. David proposed to me on June 20, 2008 in the Magic Kingdom. He originally planned to propose in front of Cinderella's castle but there was no Photopass person available when we walked by so he needed to improvise. We headed to Space Mountain but David refrained from riding and suggested we have lunch instead and then head back over to Tomorrowland. (He later told me that he had the ring in his pocket and was not going on any rides until it was on my finger.) After lunch we headed to Space Mountain again where he suggested we go and ride Buzz Lightyear. On the way over we stopped at the Transit Authority and jumped on this is one of my favorite rides. He proposed here. When we exited the dark portion of Space Mountain he was sitting beside me with the ring in hand. It was the perfect timing and very romantic.
When we arrived back at Saratoga Springs, he had the entire room decorated with rose petals and a bouquet of roses. It was even complete with a glass slipper engraved with our names and date. (Well it took us some time to hunt down the correct slipper because they had a plain one that was not engraved and only half of the size. David was very upset and dragged me to Downtown Disney in the rain to get the correct one.) The slight snag didn’t ruin our fun and it was the perfect vacation.

Our plans so far…
We have booked the Yacht Club for our ceremony and cocktail hour for January 19, 2010. We are having our reception at Ariel’s and Isola West for our dessert party. I am just waiting to sign our letter of agreement which should come in May. We are currently working with Kristi as our planner…I love her! She has been so helpful and I feel like I bother her with all of my questions!
My color is going to be navy blue with a nautical theme. I was hoping to get little lanterns and put them on the tables with blue and white hydrangeas as my centerpieces.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter