Tea with Aurora

PigletsPal2

Queen of the Realm
My dd's 41st bdy is coming up in September and the Aurora fanatic she is, she wants to have tea with her. Any idea which venue that is in. I think it's the same as Alice's tea party, but am not sure. Going to have Breakfast with Eeyore at Crystal Palace, but she still wants tea with Aurora later. Thanks for any help on this.
Colleen:lovestruc :maleficen :eeyore: :tinker: ::MickeyMo pooh:

The tea is held in the Grand Floridian hotel in the same lounge that used for the afternoon tea. We did this event a few years ago and it was amazing (although expensive). My daughter loved it and walked around singing princess songs for the longest time. I would highly recommend it.

It's at the Grand Floridian.We did it a few years ago it's called My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea it's 250.00 for 1 adult and 1 child.

It's at the Grand Floridian.We did it a few years ago it's called My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea it's 250.00 for 1 adult and 1 child.

Is that a typo? $250.00??? For tea for 2? That seems ridiculously high even for a character interaction.

It is high, but also includes a Disney Doll in the Auora dress. The little girls are dressed in princess costumes and are first crowned upon entry to the "ballroom".

They are entertained a long time by Rose Petal, who visits with each. When Aurora arrives, she visits each table for autographs and pictures and then the little girls parade around the room to music.

Additional adults are about $65 to $75 as I remember. A one time experience, but well worth the cost. It must have lasted 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

After the tea, you could purchase additional princess outfits in the gift shop upstairs for half price.

I didn't realize that it included a doll and costume and such. Still though, I think that's a little much cost-wise.

The doll is comparable to an American Girl doll (Disney's version), and costs $100+ if you were to buy it in a gift shop. The price also includes one of the little Disney charm bracelets (the kind they sell in all the gift shops), and it has a little pink crystal heart on it. They also crown each little girl with a simple little crown. Tea is served (I think it's apple juice for the little ones), along with little kid friendly tea sandwiches and fruit. Adults get a piece of lavosh or bread, I think, several cheeses and some fruit. Also, cake is served at the end.

It is a LONG affair - at least an hour.

IF you want the doll, it's well worth the money. Rose Petal is an amazing performer, and she's very sweet with all the little ones. The little girls really love dancing around the room with Aurora - it's very sweet.

If you're not at all interested in the doll, you won't be getting your money's worth.

My daughter and i are going in Aug my dressmaker is working on Aurora dress this week cant wait,:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/entertainment/entertainmentDetailResort?id=PrincessTeaPartyPage

Straight from the disneyworld website:

My Disney Girl's Perfect Princess Tea Party

Put on your tiara and be a part of this fun- and fantasy-filled tea party for you and your little princess - hosted by Rose Petal*, an enchanted rose who delights in storytelling and sing-a-longs. Girls are encouraged to attend dressed up in their favorite Princess attire and receive the royal treatment as they sip tea and enjoy a special visit from Princess Aurora*.

Young princesses also:

Receive a special 18" My Disney Girl doll dressed in a matching Princess Aurora gown plus accessories.
Take home their own ribbon tiara, silver Princess link bracelet, fresh rose, special princess scrapbook set and a "Best Friend" certificate.
Menu Items:

The adult menu includes Garden View specialty teas and a luncheon plate that consists of:

Egg salad sandwiches
Chicken-Almond salad sandwich
Blue Cheese Barquette
Smoked Cheddar cheese
Sage Derby Cheese
Lavosh (flat bread)
Grapes
A slice of princess cake
The kids menu consists of:

Peanut Butter & Jelly Hearts
Grapes
Apple Juice
A slice of princess cake
Cost:

One adult and one child (ages 3-11): $250 (plus tax, including gratuity)
One additional adult: $85 (plus tax)
One additional child: $165 (plus tax)
Location: Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Garden View Tea Lounge

Dates: Every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday – Friday

Time: 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Daily

Call (407) 939-6397† to make your Tea Party reservations.

Love Princesses? Then click here to learn about Cinderella's Princess Court at the World of Disney New York.

*Subject to change without notice.

DD and I did this two trips ago. It was very well done. Was it worth the high price? I don't know, Disney prices are high on just about everything, so in WDW terms I suppose it was. I'd never pay that amount in 'real life' though. Still, I'm glad we were able to fit it into the budget. DD really enjoyed it.

Unlike Alice's tea party, this is more of a one-time thing. We won't ever repeat it. At only around $30 Alice's tea party is something DD can do every trip for as long as she cares to. The Aurora tea party is a once in a lifetime type event, IMO.

10-61.jpg

10-70.jpg

10-68.jpg

10-72.jpg

10-69.jpg

10-71.jpg

10-73.jpg

Is that the doll in the picture? Does it really cost over 100 bucks on its own?

Yes, that's the doll. I don't know what she costs retail, but I think the outfits are around $20+ each. When you buy her in the store she's wearing shorts and a tshirt. We bought the Minnie outfit and the Jasmine outfit for DD's doll.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!