Tea w/ Wendy??

DVC Mary

<font color="#FF6666">I must have missed the lobst
What day do they offer this on the Eastern Carib?

Are there any boys there w/o sisters?

My son would probably love it, but would notice if he were one of the only boys.

Thanks!

::MickeyMo :boat:

I don't have the answer but I would love to KNOW the answer. This is something my son would like too- at THIS point (he's 7) he wouldn't mind being one of the few boys but in a year (when we are thinking of cruising) he might feel differently.

Anyone....?

My DS are 7 & 4, but it's the 7 yr old who would enjoy it most. He loves Peter Pan & he loves having tea b/c my family is from Ireland. Tea is something fun w/ relatives & FOOD. He's into that!

Tea with Wendy for the Eastern Carib. was on Sunday at 4:15. Get there on-time as it does not last long (10 minute talk at most by Wendy) and we had a few people arrive late and they missed it. Wendy picks out two boys from the audience to be substitutes for her "missing" brothers. The rest of the time is spent waiting in line for pictures with Wendy. My son did not enjoy it at all, while my daughter did.

To get tickets, after you board go to guest services and request tickets (tickets are only given for children in your party).

thewagman

I have been on the East. Carib twice and yes, there were plenty of boys, mostly 5-10 years ranges.

I went with my two boys 6 & 8 at the time. The younger son got picked to be Michael! Got some great pictures of him up there with Wendy. They both enjoyed it - still talk about the cookies!

2 boys are chosen from the group to play Wendy's brothers...so by all means bring the boys. The tea is offered on 2 sea days. Get tickets from guest services as soon as possible on the day you board--they go fast!

Thanks again!

The people on these boards are the best. :wave:

There is a certain time announced on the navigator when you can obtain the tickets. I arrived about 1/2 hour before and there was a line already. There are 2 times to choose from when getting the tickets.

Yes, parents can go. (Be sure you get enough tickets, since every person needs a ticket) You can sit with the kids. It is held at Studio Sea which consists of small round tables with chairs. You will listen to Wendy's story, drink tea and cookies and then have pictures afterwards. She also pick 2 boys from the audience in the beginning to be her brothers.

It is a cute event.:earsboy:

okay, dumb question, do they actually server tea. I can't imagine many kids drink tea (although I do know some, most I know don't). We're not tea drinks at all, and I don't think my daughter has ever tried it. This sounds like something fun, but I know if they only serve tea it's probaly pointless for my family.

Yeah, they actually do serve tea. More like Iced tea. I was surprise myself that they serve tea since most kids don't like it, (I don't either!!) But the point is, Wendy is British and part of the story she is telling, is how to drink tea the "proper" way, the English way.
The kids are big on eating cookies instead!! So was I!! LOL!!!

Keep in mind, it is not very long. About 25 mins or so. Just make sure your kids (and parents) are not too thirsty before coming, if you are not into tea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter