TEA Thread Wk Feb 19, 2006

plutosmyfav

<font color=deeppink>Has high hopes, high apple pi
Good morning!

Great job Tiffj! Being home in bad weather is a real challenge!

I went over a bit yesterday but overall, I am happy with last week.

This week my AT will be getting in the water, fruits & veggies and staying within my points range.

Keep up the great work everyone :cheer2:

Sunny

Well, I'm back. My accountability over the past two weeks was nil. Too embarrassing to post :scared:

I'm going to try to get back on track, particularly since I'm tapering this week before the next half.

I picked up Oprah's magazine at the checkout the other day. There was an interview with a physician who had been obese and lost weight. She said one thing she had to learn is that it was okay to be hungry and to wait a bit until she ate. Skipping meals/eating late is one of my migraine triggers so I always eat to prevent. I think I need to give myself permission to be a little hungry occasionally and not automatically rush to eat. I also want to try to listen better to hunger signals and not interpret emotional issues as hunger.

Still trying to cut back on caffeine. Like the old Airplane movies, I sure picked the wrong weeks to do that ;)

My goals for this week:
1. Listen better to hunger signals.
2. Keep working on the caffeine intake.

Excellent point, Mel. I realized somewhere along the way that I was almost afraid of the hunger sensation, so I always popped something in my mouth before I had a chance to experience it! I've also noticed that my stomach feels hungry and more uncomfortable being so after I've overate. I think the re-shrinkiing process is uncomfortable. I need to work more on paying attention to physical true hunger, too. I also fall prey to dieter's mentality by eating whatever I planned to eat even if I'm full before the meal is finished. That seems to be particularly difficult since I'm counting my points.

Thanks for brining up the topic and good luck this week!

As for caffeine, after about a decade of trying to quit it, I finally did about 5 years ago. I still have caffinated tea from time to time but I don't live on it anymore. Its really nice to not have to worry about getting my coffee first thing to avoid a headache!

Sunny

Good morning! I'm at work :mad: I'm taking another day off to stagger parental coverage of the kids vacation.

I'm not sure how to report yesterday. I overate point wise, but didn't overeat volume wise. Dx and I went out to dinner and shared nachos, then I had steak and cheddar mashed potatoes for my entre! THEN, I had ice cream later for dessert. I haven't even figured out the points yet but I didn't have any flex points left so I know I really went over. BUT, I was proud of myself for eating slowly and mindfully and stopping the nachos and the entre before I was feeling too full. I didn't have any physical hunger when I sat down with my ice cream, but that was kind of inevitable after eating such a dinner! So I'm not upset about it, but it did cause quite a blip on the scale this morning.

Please check in everyone! Be accountable. Don't worry if you have to report missing your AT, just report. It'll do ya good :sunny:

Sunny

Here is this week's assignment.

Get a piece of paper and take a few minutes to "stream of conscience" write down "I am..." and fill in as many sentences with how you want to be fitness/weight wise. (example: "I am lean and fit", "I am able to wear whatever style of clothing I chose", "I am no longer chained to overeating and inactivity", "I am an inspiration to others"...). Pretend that a genie has granted you the wish that everything you write down will be true.

Now BELIEVE that you are going to achieve everything on that piece of paper. Begin practicing thinking of yourself as that paper describes you. It is happening! Never under estimate the power of positive thinking and belief. :thumbsup2 (Likewise, never underestimate the drain of negative self-talk and doubt). Remember, whether you think you can or can't-- you're right!

You can write "I can", too, but don't write "I will". Be bold, be creative ;)

Sunny

Geez, Sunny. . . Do you even begin to realize how inspirational you are? I really think you should consider making even more use of this talent you have to say things that really get to the heart of the matter and make people think about the journey. I just want you to know how much I appreciate you and that you share with us the lessons you have learned and are learning.

I am really happy with how the past week or so has gone. I did miss my multi-vitamin yesterday, but other than that, have been doing well with following the WW healthy eating guidelines. I haven't seen a difference on the scalek, but I am amazed at the difference I see in my attitude. No longer does that crush me or frustrate me into bad behavior patterns. Instead, I think about the fact that I am living a normal lifestyle, eating real foods, becoming more fit and not gaining weight. I'd really like to get down into the next "decade" on the scale, but I am enjoying the journey for what it is.

My accountability objective this week is to continue to meet the WW HEG and also to eat only if I am hungry, and not just out of habit.

Thank you, Cam! I'm so glad you find my ideas helpful :goodvibes

I did good yesterday. I got in all my water, f&v, dairy and stayed within my points. I used a few flex points, though. Since my WW week starts on Monday that really wasn't the plan!

Sunny

Hi, everyone! I did well again yesterday meeting all the WW HEG -- 6 out of 7 days so far. Have also stayed exactly on the points number for the Wendie Plan which I started following Sunday.

Bought a new WW scale that measures to the 1/10 pound and this morning it said I am exactly the weight I was last week.

Today is an ultra high point day on WP and I am freaking out about eating that many points, but I have to remind myself they would otherwise be flexpoints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter