TCD is just back from the Fort with Big news to report!

2 years ago, we also got a horseshoe from the blacksmith there, it is quite a fun and unusual souvenir. my girls both ride and love comparing the size of that horseshoe to the one that their horses have.

If anyone is interested, someone posted photos of extensive work that has already begun on the 600 loop expansion on this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2059347

The survey stakes were placed on 1/2/09, and it looks like big construction fences are up, and site work is already going on!

They are going to town at the Fort!

TCD

Can't wait to see all the changes, they really have been putting a lot of money into the Fort, it's great. The forgotten one is finally getting hers...lol

. I asked him if it would be a problem if he gave a used horseshoe away. He said he didn't see a problem with it. TCD

When we were at Disney World, that is one of the things that impressed me. Just ASK! Even for requests that I thought would be considered odd or difficult, everyone there would do whatever they could to help out.

When we were at Disney World, that is one of the things that impressed me. Just ASK! Even for requests that I thought would be considered odd or difficult, everyone there would do whatever they could to help out.

That is the BEST thing I have learned from the DIS podcast, ASK! "What's the worst that can happen... they can't hit ya!"

If anyone is interested, someone posted photos of extensive work that has already begun on the 600 loop expansion on this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2059347

The survey stakes were placed on 1/2/09, and it looks like big construction fences are up, and site work is already going on!

They are going to town at the Fort!

TCD

I believe that Susan, aka drafthorsecrazy, posted the pics. They're in loop 300 til March, so bet we in for some super reporting. Might have to be deputized honorary TCD's. :thumbsup2

FWNewYear2009330.jpg

A super cool and well-deserved souvenir for doing such a great job as the "eyes and ears" of those of us who enjoy all your excellent investigative reporting! :flower3:

TCD reported earlier in this thread about the 600 loop additional sites. The workers must be off on weekends and nothing happened since Friday. The area looks pretty crappy if you ask me. It definately is going to take away from the Meadows view. I'll get some pics today and post em when we get home tomorrow night. The 1300 loop concrete looks to be done. There's still a small trackhoe and a bobcat loader there but that's about it.

Another live report from our man on the scene Donnie. :cool1:
Film at 11...
OR whenever he puts it here!

Thanks Donnie!:thumbsup2

Looking forward to the pics.

TCD it was fun meeting you. Thank you for the report. Good PI work. Did we get any clues on when this loop will be finished?

It was great to meet you, too. And, thanks again for the hat. It made my DD's day. The only information that I got about the 600 loop expansion was from the surveyors there at the time. Nothing from any Fort castmember. We know from those who are there now that the work has begun. If there are just going to be 15 campsites, my guess would be that they could get this done within the next three to four weeks. If it is something else, then probably a bit longer.

TCD reported earlier in this thread about the 600 loop additional sites. The workers must be off on weekends and nothing happened since Friday. The area looks pretty crappy if you ask me. It definately is going to take away from the Meadows view. I'll get some pics today and post em when we get home tomorrow night. The 1300 loop concrete looks to be done. There's still a small trackhoe and a bobcat loader there but that's about it.

Donnie- Thanks for the update. I am sorry to hear that this area looks bad. Is it worth it to mess up the Meadow area for 15 sites? Enjoy the rest of your stay, and don't forget to post your pictures somewhere.

TCD

I promised some photos of the inside of the horse barn, so here you go.

Again, for any newbies reading along, I strongly suggest that you pay a visit to the barn. They keep the horses that work at the Magic Kingdom and around the Fort here.

Also, just inside the door, there is a little display:

ThanksgivingFW2008493.jpg

Inside this little display area are interesting photos that show Disney horses and livestock.

The Hidden Mickey handbook that they sell at all the gift shops at WDW does not list a single Hidden Mickey at Ft. Wilderness. The book does mention that there is a photo of Minnie Moo hanging outside of the Yachtsman Steak House at the Yacht Club Resort. (Someone is trying to be funny I guess). Well, no need to go all the way to the Yacht and Beach Club, there are photos of Minnie Moo right here:

ThanksgivingFW2008488.jpg

Other items are on display, too:

ThanksgivingFW2008487.jpg

Every time we visit this display, my DD's comment about how cute this photo of Walt Disney and this little colt is:

ThanksgivingFW2008489.jpg

There are lots of other photos of Walt and horses and old Disney movies in here. Be sure to stop by and check it out.

This is a real, working barn. When you visit, you will probably see some type of work being done. Here are some castmembers cleaning the stalls:

ThanksgivingFW2008490.jpg

If I am recalling correctly, the last time I visited the barn, the horses names were on display with fancy plaques. Now, the names are displayed on paper in a frame. But, there is now more information about each horse:

ThanksgivingFW2008491.jpg

And, I don't remember these signs ever being used before:

ThanksgivingFW2008492.jpg

I am not sure what this is all about, but if you are ever at the Fort and find yourself in need of an emergency halter :confused3 this is where you can get yourself one:

ThanksgivingFW2008494.jpg

Next up, I visit the River Country entrance, speak to a castmember, learn something new, and look around some of the loops.

Still to come- photos of a never before seen secret storage area!

TCD

The work resumed on 600 loop today. Just went to get a coffee and workers are over there. I forgot to drive by the pool. We leave today so we'll make sure to go over before we go home.

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:: We can't wait. You make it seem like we are there!

I promised some photos of the inside of the horse barn, so here you go.

Again, for any newbies reading along, I strongly suggest that you pay a visit to the barn. They keep the horses that work at the Magic Kingdom and around the Fort here.

Also, just inside the door, there is a little display:

ThanksgivingFW2008493.jpg

Inside this little display area are interesting photos that show Disney horses and livestock.

The Hidden Mickey handbook that they sell at all the gift shops at WDW does not list a single Hidden Mickey at Ft. Wilderness. The book does mention that there is a photo of Minnie Moo hanging outside of the Yachtsman Steak House at the Yacht Club Resort. (Someone is trying to be funny I guess). Well, no need to go all the way to the Yacht and Beach Club, there are photos of Minnie Moo right here:

ThanksgivingFW2008488.jpg

Other items are on display, too:

ThanksgivingFW2008487.jpg

Every time we visit this display, my DD's comment about how cute this photo of Walt Disney and this little colt is:

ThanksgivingFW2008489.jpg

There are lots of other photos of Walt and horses and old Disney movies in here. Be sure to stop by and check it out.

This is a real, working barn. When you visit, you will probably see some type of work being done. Here are some castmembers cleaning the stalls:

ThanksgivingFW2008490.jpg

If I am recalling correctly, the last time I visited the barn, the horses names were on display with fancy plaques. Now, the names are displayed on paper in a frame. But, there is now more information about each horse:

ThanksgivingFW2008491.jpg

And, I don't remember these signs ever being used before:

ThanksgivingFW2008492.jpg

I am not sure what this is all about, but if you are ever at the Fort and find yourself in need of an emergency halter :confused3 this is where you can get yourself one:

Next up, I visit the River Country entrance, speak to a castmember, learn something new, and look around some of the loops.

TCD

My guess would be that they are spares in case the horses need to be led quickly out of the barn, note the fire extinguisher on the side of it.

TCD

Thanks for the pics and update. We visited the horse barn a long time ago, but would love to do that again. I think that cabinet is full of these:
top.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter