Taxi's at Animal Kingdom?

Tricialiv

Mouseketeer
We need to get to Wide World of Sports from Animal kingdom. I was told best way was to take a taxi. Are taxi's automatically there by bus stops? Approximately how much will the taxi cost and how much time to allow. DS and DH are going to a basketball game that starts at 5pm 11/29? Thank you.

There should be taxis waiting there. I agree it's the best way. I don't know for sure how much it will cost, but I'm totally guessing it'll be in the $10 - $15 range, + tip. How long will the ride take? Probably no more than 15 minutes, probably more like 10.

The reason taxi is the best way is that the ONLY way to get from AK to WWoS would be to take a bus from AK to Disney's Hollywood Studios and then transfer to a bus from DHS to WWoS ... you'd need to leave at least one hour for that mess.

Don't mean to hijack, but are there taxis at all the theme parks? I've never noticed them before...

I'd like to take a taxi from Epcot to the airport on our departure day. We want to spend as much time as possible in the park, and Magical Express requires you to be picked up at your resort three hours before your flight. For us that would be 2:15pm - which means we'd have to leave Epcot by 1:30ish to assure we'd be back in time. If we take a taxi, we could leave Epcot by 3:30 and still have plenty of time (we're only there for 2 1/2 days, so will only have carry-on luggage).

We've considered renting a car, but I think this would save us some money. Anyone know if you can so this, and if so, how much $$?

A few taxi's are at most parks much of the day from what I have found. At the end of the day they get hit hard, but mid-afternoon should be an easy get. Since you know your exact departure time you could easily arrange for a taxi to be there waiting for you, I am sure. The hotel concierge could help arrange and get you numbers and such.

Taxis are a great way to get from resort to resort...especially if your running late for your dinner ressie :rolleyes1.

They're also a lifesaver when you get stuck behind the crowd leaving the park at closing and you figure you're looking at a 45-minute wait for the bus, while pulling along 2 sleeping kids and a stroller. ;)

Most I ever paid was $20 (with tip) from AS Music to Grand Floridian.

Lots of taxis at Epcot. Walk over to where the Disney buses drop off and pick up; they'll be parked in a fenced area in the middle of the lot.

But you're probably not allowing enough time. Figure on 35-45 minutes from Epcot to the airport; that's 4:15. It appears your flight leaves at 5:15? MCO advises arriving at the airport two hours before your flight. Security lines can be lonnnnnnnng.

Don't mean to hijack, but are there taxis at all the theme parks? I've never noticed them before...

I'd like to take a taxi from Epcot to the airport on our departure day. We want to spend as much time as possible in the park, and Magical Express requires you to be picked up at your resort three hours before your flight. For us that would be 2:15pm - which means we'd have to leave Epcot by 1:30ish to assure we'd be back in time. If we take a taxi, we could leave Epcot by 3:30 and still have plenty of time (we're only there for 2 1/2 days, so will only have carry-on luggage).

We've considered renting a car, but I think this would save us some money. Anyone know if you can so this, and if so, how much $$?

It's around $50 plus tip. If this is a weekday, do not forget to factor in afternoon traffic. I believe that you are not giving yourself enough time to get to the airport, through security and to get to the gate, 45 minutes is cutting it close when it's not busy at MCO. In the afternoon 90 minutes is bare minimum. Sunday morning (8am) I dropped my DW at MCO for a flight to PVD 1 hour before flight time, she arrived at the gate with just 15 minutes to spare.

You're not giving yourself enough time. I wouldn't leave any later than 2:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter