Tasting Grapes Before Buying

RAW chicken wings?!? That’s odd.
Obviously the other poster meant the hot deli.

My husband used to travel frequently, and he often popped into a grocery store /purchased an individual frozen meal, one of his favorites being a chicken wing appetizer. He'd cook it in the microwave of his hotel room and have a quiet evening to himself. I didn't know he did this, but one evening he and I were talking on the phone as he walked through the grocery store, and he complained, "They don't have my favorite brand!" I suggested that he go to the hot deli, and he did -- he was beyond thrilled to learn that he could get half a dozen chicken wings cooked hot and ready. Best of all, he said, "They even let me taste one before I bought!" After that he was devoted to grocery store delis on business trips.

Obviously the other poster meant the hot deli.

My husband used to travel frequently, and he often popped into a grocery store /purchased an individual frozen meal, one of his favorites being a chicken wing appetizer. He'd cook it in the microwave of his hotel room and have a quiet evening to himself. I didn't know he did this, but one evening he and I were talking on the phone as he walked through the grocery store, and he complained, "They don't have my favorite brand!" I suggested that he go to the hot deli, and he did -- he was beyond thrilled to learn that he could get half a dozen chicken wings cooked hot and ready. Best of all, he said, "They even let me taste one before I bought!" After that he was devoted to grocery store delis on business trips.
unfortunately, the comment that @penn19 made is not making sense to me whether raw or cooked. Are people opening pre cooked wings, eating what they want, closing the meal up, and then throwing the bones away? Or are these samples?
Glad your DH figured out he could get pre cooked wings at the deli. In my region that’s where most of the prepped food is located.

Yes to the cookie dough! ::yes::

No to the grape. It's just one grape for that one customer - and then how many others? I wouldn't eat a chip out of a bag someone else is going to buy or a french fry from a carton someone else is going to buy. It's not a big deal to me - I don't lose sleep or anything :faint: ... I just wouldn't do it myself. (The principle is bigger than the grape, I guess! ) I do like it when places organize samples, though.

The thing about the grapes....do you realize that there are mice and birds in most grocery stores? You can hear and see the birds in the rafters and the stores use those sticky traps hidden in the produce cases and throughout the store to catch mice. When the store is closed and it's time for a feast!

NEVER eat produce without washing it. thought this was common knowledge, but apparently it's not.

I used to before the damn masks
Are grapes are in bags Open but bags.
And I use to only try one. I miss those days.

The thing about the grapes....do you realize that there are mice and birds in most grocery stores? You can hear and see the birds in the rafters and the stores use those sticky traps hidden in the produce cases and throughout the store to catch mice. When the store is closed and it's time for a feast!

NEVER eat produce without washing it. thought this was common knowledge, but apparently it's not.
If a grocery store has birds and rodents feasting on their produce at night, they have bigger problems.

If a grocery store has birds and rodents feasting on their produce at night, they have bigger problems.

it very common. you don't have to believe me. but it's not that hard to imagine. Doors are opening and closing all day long. produce is being shipped in all day long. vermin travel in with the produce or they enter when the doors are open. I have treated a grocery worker for a snake bite from a snake that came in with the bananas.

it very common. you don't have to believe me. but it's not that hard to imagine. Doors are opening and closing all day long. produce is being shipped in all day long. vermin travel in with the produce or they enter when the doors are open. I have treated a grocery worker for a snake bite from a snake that came in with the bananas.

Bears. Don't forget about bears.

unfortunately, the comment that @penn19 made is not making sense to me whether raw or cooked. Are people opening pre cooked wings, eating what they want, closing the meal up, and then throwing the bones away? Or are these samples?
Glad your DH figured out he could get pre cooked wings at the deli. In my region that’s where most of the prepped food is located.
They pick up the hot, pre cooked wings from the deli. They usually come in like a little bag, they eat while walking through the store and then leave the chicken bones/trash behind.

Yes, it's the same in our area, but my husband is such a creature of habit -- he just hadn't noticed them. Once he realized, wings from the hot deli became a staple of his out-of-town business trips.
Rebels, just like the rest of us raw cookie dough eaters :rotfl2:
Rebels? Bah, I've been eating raw cookie dough since the 70s.

Choose-your-own wing bars have been a thing in grocery stores wherever I've lived--kind of like a salad bar. You can pick from a dozen or so flavors of wings, however many you want. It never dawned on me to eat them, right there in the store. I also don't sample the soup or salad bar, either--I guess I'm weird.

At least if you had them in a package, the package would have a weight and price label. Of course, that assumes you would actually pay for the bag.

Yes, it's the same in our area, but my husband is such a creature of habit -- he just hadn't noticed them. Once he realized, wings from the hot deli became a staple of his out-of-town business trips.
Rebels? Bah, I've been eating raw cookie dough since the 70s.
You’d be surprised about how many people freak out about eating raw cookie dough...lol.

Im a boomer and we always ate raw cookie dough as did all my friends. I think eating raw cookie dough has been around a really long time!
I remember in my teens hearing it was unhealthy due to the possibility of Salmonella. But...... I still eat it as does my family.

Grapes precovid, I would taste one.
I worked at a large chain grocery store in produce. Precovid we said feel free to taste a grape. Post covid, its still "feel free to taste if you want". For me personally, I'm not tasting unwashed stuff right now but I'm sure I will revert back to grape tasting again.
:duck:;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!