Target gift cards (5% off) Question

PoohBearFamily

Mouseketeer
Hi! We're getting ready to book a Disney trip and want to purchase Target Disney gift cards with our Red card to receive 5% off. I had a couple questions for anyone who's done this...

1) If I need to refund the trip / cancel for any reason, I understand the money goes back on the card I used, so I clearly need to save it. However, will it come back at full price (ex: $500) or would they know it was originally a Red card purchased gift card, and come back at 95% on the card (ex: $475)?

2) What is the highest increments you have found Target Disney gift cards to be purchased at? Is there a limit to how many I could purchase in one Target trip?

Thanks!

1) No. The value of the gift card is whatever the original amount is. $500 in your example. But if you need to cancel, you could potentially have a TON of money tied up in gift cards. Wouldn’t be worth it to me, but everyone’s tolerance is different!

Last edited:
Hi! We're getting ready to book a Disney trip and want to purchase Target Disney gift cards with our Red card to receive 5% off. I had a couple questions for anyone who's done this...

1) If I need to refund the trip / cancel for any reason, I understand the money goes back on the card I used, so I clearly need to save it. However, will it come back at full price (ex: $500) or would they know it was originally a Red card purchased gift card, and come back at 95% on the card (ex: $475)?

2) What is the highest increments you have found Target Disney gift cards to be purchased at? Is there a limit to how many I could purchase in one Target trip?

Thanks!
1. Full face value refund to the gift card used for payment.

2. Highest value that I have seen for purchase has been $500. That's online. In Target stores, I've never seen anything higher than $100. The maximum number of cards you can purchase in one trip is up to the store manager and your credit limit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter