Target Disney Cards

CatDenver

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this has been asked before but the search function is down. What's the scoop with Target and Disney cards? I just saw a post where someone was going to run to Target to get Disney gift cards to make the final payment. How does that work? Many thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked before but the search function is down. What's the scoop with Target and Disney cards? I just saw a post where someone was going to run to Target to get Disney gift cards to make the final payment. How does that work? Many thanks!

If you have a Target red card you can get 5% off of your purchase. We have also used an additional 5% off coupon that we received from Target for filling 5 prescriptions there.

If you have a Red Card, you can buy them at a 5% discount and then apply them to your onboard account for expenses/tips or apply them to your PIF. You do that by calling DCL if you booked direct or your TA if you booked that way. You can also go to guest services onboard to have them applied. Be sure to keep the cards if there's any chance you won't use all the onboard credit because they return the extra back to the cards.

Sorry to be dense (and I don't have a Target Red card yet), but is the 5% a credit you receive on your next Target card statement? Or do you really just get a flat 5% off your purchases? I don't know why I've waited so long to get one. Thanks in advance!

:cheer2:

Sorry to be dense (and I don't have a Target Red card yet), but is the 5% a credit you receive on your next Target card statement? Or do you really just get a flat 5% off your purchases? I don't know why I've waited so long to get one. Thanks in advance!

:cheer2:

When you use your Target red card (credit or debit) to purchase Disny gift cards, say $100 worth, you will only be charged $95 on your bill.

Be aware, some Target stores say they can't do this. I don't know if that's true, but, in my experience, we've been able to do it with no problem.

If you ask can you get the 5% off on gift card purchases, they will say "no". That's because you can't purchase Target GIFT cards with the discount. But the Disney gift cards are considered ENTERTAINMENT cards in the computer system (at least at my Target) and qualify as a regular purchase.

Is the Red Card to sredit card? I try to stay farrrrrr away from credit cards and just pay cash for everything.. Also do the gift cards ever expire? TIA!

Is the Red Card to sredit card? I try to stay farrrrrr away from credit cards and just pay cash for everything.. Also do the gift cards ever expire? TIA!

I don't get to Target very often so the red card really isn't worth if for me, however, I buy my Disney gift cards at Kroger and get fuel points. I have been saving around 5% at the pump which I really appreciate. :goodvibes

AFAIK the gift cards do not expire.

We just bought our first $50 GC for our cruise next year. I figure I'll buy one every month for 47.50 and next year when we cruise we'll have a $700 "credit" and will have saved $35. It's not much, but it's easier than coming up with $700 all at once. Just don't get behind me in line at Guest Services :)

ImDMous said:
We just bought our first $50 GC for our cruise next year. I figure I'll buy one every month for 47.50 and next year when we cruise we'll have a $700 "credit" and will have saved $35. It's not much, but it's easier than coming up with $700 all at once. Just don't get behind me in line at Guest Services :)

You can call ahead and have them applied to your onboard account. I applied 8 to mine just the other day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!