Tanya & Dan's VR DCL!!!Dec 4, 2009 MK & Epcot Photoshoot Pics Posted

I really haven't done much here lately. I just bid on a flower girl dress on ebay for my DD. I haven't had the chance to post about anything else. I did get to go to Hollywood Studios last Tues., and we had sooooooo much fun!!!! :cheer2: I cannot wait to go back. We did a character dinner at the Garden Grille in Epcot and it was great. Except that Mickey thought I was pregnant!! :rotfl: :scared: I guess that means I really need to start excercising.
Here is us at the Garden Grille:
disneytriptomgm3072.jpg

disneytriptomgm3082.jpg

Here is my DH and DD getting on the new Toy Story ride at MGM or Hollywood - whatever. It was a great ride.
disneytriptomgm244.jpg

Here we are the week before at MK. It was so cold, and I had a major panic attack. It was not a fun trip. There were some highlights that were great, but I think it will be a while b4 we go back.
disneytrip09125.jpg

In Minnie's gazebo at her house. I think my DD is picking her nose in this one!:rotfl2:
disneytrip09085.jpg

I made us all wear the same shirts both days b/c I worked so hard to make them! The first time we went, it was so cold that no one could see them. So we wore them again. Mine is a little big on me, it was the only size in that color. That combined with my pudgy belly and Mickey's "comment" means I probably won't wear it again! LOL! I'll have to make a better, smaller one.

DFTW did call me back and said that as of right now, I can book on any of the cruises in Dec.!!! YAY!:thumbsup2 So, I am patiently waiting for my real estate closing check to come so I can book. :crazy2: Ok - not really patiently waiting...but I should have had it last week, and then we had to postpone...I hate real estate.

I also have photographed 2 weddings in the past two weeks!! :goodvibes
They are so much fun! I wish I could do them every day.
Result3.jpg

That last pic looks blurry on here :sad2: It really isn't! Oh well, it's still a fun shot. That is our downtown. That couple got married inside the pink building!
That's all for now - I have loads of work to do. Post more soon.

WOW Great shots!! YOu did an awesome job!!

Sooo...what dates are you leaning towards??? :lmao:

Ok, to answer your question - we went with the Dec. 3-6th sailing. This was the most economical for us and it leaves us enough time to still spend Christmas with our families.
But we booked!!!! I am so excited!!! I get to be a Disney Bride!!!!! YAY!:earboy2: :goofy: :mickeyjum :tigger: :sulley: :figment: :dumbo: :stitch: :simba: :ccat:

Congrats Tanya! I'm so excited for you! You must hurry back and tell me all about it!!

We are thinking of a VR on DCL in 2012 for our 15th anni. We didn't get the wedding we wanted so my plan is to do it then. Keep us posted on how your VR plans go.

I haven't done much in the way of planning. My mom is getting married again next week on Valentine's Day in her garden. It is going to be a really small and intimate ceremony - not formal at all. She is then having a reception/party the week after at The Nocatee civic center. (I don't know how it can be called that, because it is like a tiny CBS block house! LOL! :rotfl: )
Anyway, she bombarded me with that a couple of weeks ago. She wants me to decorate it for her. But she has no idea what she wants. :sad2: This is making it really difficult for me. She and her fiance have been married before, so they want everything to be really informal. But she is like the worst bride ever!!!!!:crazy2:
Anyway, they have a love of the beach, so I have forced a beach theme on them. She's bought bolts of tulle and rented tables, chairs, and table cloths. I guess I need to go hunting for some twinkle lights. It would have been nice if she had informed me of her plans before I put all the Christmas stuff back up in the attic. My DH is going to make her a cupcake tower. It's been so long since we've iced any cakes that I could only find one icing tip. So now I had to go out and buy us a new decorator set. I have also gotten some little stainless steel "buckets" to use to hold cutlery, etc. Then I made garland with white ribbon and all the shells we have that had holes in them. I have bags and bags from our recent trips to the beach, so this was mostly free. I put mainly the conch shell centers on them - for 2 reasons. 1) They look like hearts and 2) My mom and her DF collect them. I tied raffia ribbon and light blue ribbon pieces inbetween them. (I'll post pics soon)
Then I made her favors with picking out the nicest and largest shells that we had. I took a silver paint pen and wrote her and her DF's names inside the shell. I have also gotten some silk orchids - her favorite flowers - she grows them by the 100's in her yard- for decorating. My idea is to put them inside the tiki torches, instead of puting oil in them. I have some small table top tiki torches that I am going to use as center pieces, and some larger ones to line the walkway up to the building. We are going to fill up mason jars ( I have a case in the attic -- so this is free) with some sand, shells and a candle to place along the tables as well. Then we are going to put shells along them as table runners. We are also going to make "sand" castle candy lolly pops for favors as well, since I have the candy melts and the castle mold already. The last thing that I have gotten together is the smaller rolls of tulle. I am going to use these to tie bows on all the chairs.
Whew!! That is a lot.
I was also thinking of getting balloons in sea colors - blue, green, and tourquoise - and making "bouqets" with like five balloons a piece to put in the corners of the room. I want to get the little lights to put in there so they twinkle. My mom is not a big fan of balloons, but the room is really ugly and sparse. It needs something! It is just a big white open room. The floor is polished concrete, and the walls and ceiling are white concrete block. This is a challenge for me as I don't know how I am going to get anything to stick to this. ANY SUGGESTIONS???
There are 3 poles in the middle of the room - no idea as to why - but I am going to wrap these in tulle and lights.
She doesn't want it like over the top and fancy, but she wants it to be nice and memorable. Everyone here is full of great ideas, so I will greatly appreciate any help, advice, or suggestions. Bear in mind that I have like no budget, and 2 weeks!!!!:scared: HELP!!

:rotfl2: good luck on your mom's wedding!! Remind her that you're planning a wedding from 10 months out!! it's difficult to change gears to 2 weeks!! :crazy2:

I ordered a different one from the one I previously posted. My DH doesn't agree with my decision, and still wants me to order the first one. (We don't agree on anything!!;) ) He thinks that b/c my DD hair is so short that she shouldn't have spaghetti straps. I like this one b/c the skirt is poofier (is that a word?) It is a little more formal. I want to have her wear gloves, elbow or opera length with it, and I want to pull her hair up in a bun, with a tiara and pixie dust on her hair.
It is too big for her still, since it will be 10 months from now when she has to wear it.
Here she is trying it on in our mess of a room!
Epcot005.jpg

Epcot003.jpg

Here is my bouquet I made that I am going to use for the MK photoshoot and for our at home ceremony.
bpo049.jpg

bpo056.jpg

bpo048.jpg

My DD has a smaller version in a rose wand with three roses
bpo052.jpg

Epcot016.jpg

We went to Epcot on Tues. We usually try to see characters, but this time we skipped them and went exploring. We had a great time, and best of all for me - no panic attacks!! I didn't need xanax!! :banana: That's a really big deal for me, and I am very proud of that. Here are some of our pics.
Epcot044.jpg

Epcot080.jpg

Epcot099.jpg

Epcot127.jpg

Epcot134.jpg

Epcot141.jpg

Epcot142.jpg

I love the new FG dress! It's very poofy! :love:

And your fowers are beautiful!! I would love to do that but i suck at flowermaking! (I think, i haven't attempted it) And the rose wand it cute too! I'm getting one for DD too, but figured i woudl just spend the $25 for Disney Floral to make it. I'd spend more than that in supplies making one 2 or 3 times before i got it right! :rotfl:

I have tons of pictures. I can't help but share. :goodvibes I would totally get married in Italy or Germany. They are so pretty.
Epcot172.jpg

Epcot223.jpg

Epcot228.jpg

Epcot231.jpg

Here are a few pics from Illuminations. We were in Canada, and it was not the best view. We had trees in our way. I think Italy would probably be the best spot to view it.
Epcot258.jpg

Epcot269.jpg

Epcot280.jpg

Epcot308.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter