Talk to Me About Taking a Toddler (infant info included!)

Yikes that’s gross. We haven’t had issue like that. All of our sheets have been clean and unused, but we are germ freaks too and spend twenty minutes wiping down the bars with clorox wipes. And we don’t use their sheets anyway. We travel we our own crib mattresses cover and sheet. But I like the idea of a company that santizes and guarantees it. Im pretty sure the disney ones only get cleaned when parent like us clean them.

Yes. I would have probably used their crib and sent the Kingdom one back for a refund. But after seeing that brown stuff all over the sheet (which was archaic looking and had a busy print, so I had to look closely to see the brown stuff!). Luckily we didn't put our baby in before seeing that (to corral her because she was running amok as we tried to get settled). Kingdom strollers has it on their website about how the clean the cribs and it was absolutely impeccable!! I felt good knowing my baby was sleeping in a crib that was sanitized.

I’m interested to see, too! I feel like there will be pros and cons. Last time he wasn’t super mobile and was content to just stroll around and watch the sights. Now he’s SO mobile and curious and energetic and I feel like it’s going to be harder to keep him “entertained,” but he also understands so much more and reacts to Mickey like nothing I’ve ever seen so I think it’s going to be more magical, too. We’re also doing his first haircut while we’re there!! Hope you have a great time, too! Sounds like we have boys about the same age, too bad we won’t be there at the same time!

Same! We would totally bring our own bedding, but everything goes in his mouth so knowing that a company heavily sanitizes is huge! The bars/sides/mattress/everything needs to be cleaned after use, not just the sheets!

Yes, the thought of a baby being in that who maybe had a stomach virus worried me. So that's why I had the one rented from Kingdom on the way. I trusted them and had asked them about their process to sanitize. I assure you, it was the BEST thing I did for a good night sleep for my baby.

That helps to see it, thanks so much!!

Well, that’s enough for me! I’m a germ freak, too. Blech!!!! Thanks for the info!! So the QS area had whole milk available ?

Hmm, could have been 2% or whole. I don't recall. But Hood milk tastes great and as much as we use only organic at home, it was just fine for the week+. I liked buying a fresh little container twice a day, in case our fridge wasn't cold enough.

Hmm, could have been 2% or whole. I don't recall. But Hood milk tastes great and as much as we use only organic at home, it was just fine for the week+. I liked buying a fresh little container twice a day, in case our fridge wasn't cold enough.

Thanks so much!

We took our son at 18 months.

We rented a full size crib from Kingdom Strollers. It was wooden and clean. The sheets were in a separate bag, and a laundry bag was included for us to put the dirty linens in when we left. We don’t need a crib any more, but if we did, I would absolutely rent from them again. Great experience, great product.

We always left our stroller outside. I think it’s easier for my son to eat if he’s seated at the table. We never had trouble getting a high chair anywhere (now booster seats are a different story!).

I brought snack pouches from home. I’m not sure what’s available at the resorts, but if you do find something, it will be marked up crazily.

I put my son on 2% milk when he turned 1. Generally all that’s available at Disney is 1% non-organic, so that’s what I gave him. I’m not particularly picky about milk (or food in general).

We had a great trip and returned this past October, just before our son turned 3.

We took our son at 18 months.

We rented a full size crib from Kingdom Strollers. It was wooden and clean. The sheets were in a separate bag, and a laundry bag was included for us to put the dirty linens in when we left. We don’t need a crib any more, but if we did, I would absolutely rent from them again. Great experience, great product.

We always left our stroller outside. I think it’s easier for my son to eat if he’s seated at the table. We never had trouble getting a high chair anywhere (now booster seats are a different story!).

I brought snack pouches from home. I’m not sure what’s available at the resorts, but if you do find something, it will be marked up crazily.

I put my son on 2% milk when he turned 1. Generally all that’s available at Disney is 1% non-organic, so that’s what I gave him. I’m not particularly picky about milk (or food in general).

We had a great trip and returned this past October, just before our son turned 3.

Thanks so much for the info! How does it work when you rent from Kingdom Strollers? Do they do all their dropping off and picking up with bell services? I’m just imagining myself rolling a crib all the way to & from my room? Ha!!

As for the milk, my little one is below the 40% for weight and above the 80% for height so his ped recommended whole milk but he’s been having a little trouble processing it so she actually said switching to 1-2% would be perfectly fine. I’m sure it would be ok to do while in WDW but I hate to do any dietary changes during a vacation for fear of how they’ll go, you know? And with the snack pouches, I figured they’d be marked up crazily and planned to try to bring some of our own, but was just curious as to what might be available!

And you’re smart to get one more trip in before he turned 3! Haha! Thanks so much for all the info!

Thanks so much for the info! How does it work when you rent from Kingdom Strollers? Do they do all their dropping off and picking up with bell services? I’m just imagining myself rolling a crib all the way to & from my room? Ha!!

As for the milk, my little one is below the 40% for weight and above the 80% for height so his ped recommended whole milk but he’s been having a little trouble processing it so she actually said switching to 1-2% would be perfectly fine. I’m sure it would be ok to do while in WDW but I hate to do any dietary changes during a vacation for fear of how they’ll go, you know? And with the snack pouches, I figured they’d be marked up crazily and planned to try to bring some of our own, but was just curious as to what might be available!

And you’re smart to get one more trip in before he turned 3! Haha! Thanks so much for all the info!

They drop off stroller to bell services, you get it there. Crib gets brought to your room but I believe you have to bring it down yourself (although both times, at the GF, they brought us the stroller and they took away crib too).

I don't really see a need to bring a stroller into a restaurant at a very crowded place like Disney. I can just imagine it getting out of hand...

They do drop off and pick up from bell services. We just called bell services when we got there and they brought it up, and called them when we left and they took it away. Easy peasy!

I’m definitely not a doctor, but I don’t think the body notices a huge difference in whole milk vs. other milk. I’m pretty sure it’s just the fat content that’s different. But I understand not introducing something new on vacation! My kid has the iron stomach that I wish I had, so I don’t tend to worry about introducing new things to him. (And my kid was, like, the opposite of yours. He was 30 lbs at 18 months and now at just over 3, he’s over 34 lbs. He went from the 97% to 77%...still big, but not tipping the scales any more! He’s average on height. I’m quite petite - 5’3 112 lbs and my DH isn’t a whole lot bigger. No idea where this monster toddler came from.)

I don't really see a need to bring a stroller into a restaurant at a very crowded place like Disney. I can just imagine it getting out of hand...
It never got “out-of-hand” for us & took no more room than the high chair would have unless you have a giant stroller. All the sit down restaurants we went to allowed it as long as we didn’t also want a high chair which we didn’t. So we did have a “need” to take ours in b/c DS was too young to sit in a high chair well & often slept in the stroller while we ate. It did not cause the other guests or CMs any trouble. Just b/c that has not been your experience doesn’t mean there is no “need”. OP asked for advice not snarky remarks about what Disney policy should be.

They drop off stroller to bell services, you get it there. Crib gets brought to your room but I believe you have to bring it down yourself (although both times, at the GF, they brought us the stroller and they took away crib too).
Thanks! Hopefully they can deliver it to the room for us! My husband wants to take our personal stroller like we did last time because we love it but it takes up SO much room in the car so that’s still being debated. Ha!

Like another poster said, sleeping infants tend to be a challenge. It’s the reason we barely did anything on our last trip because he was sleeping quite a bit and there were very few places we could take him in and keep him in the stroller. It was very hot out so we spent most of our time in our resort room.

They do drop off and pick up from bell services. We just called bell services when we got there and they brought it up, and called them when we left and they took it away. Easy peasy!

I’m definitely not a doctor, but I don’t think the body notices a huge difference in whole milk vs. other milk. I’m pretty sure it’s just the fat content that’s different. But I understand not introducing something new on vacation! My kid has the iron stomach that I wish I had, so I don’t tend to worry about introducing new things to him. (And my kid was, like, the opposite of yours. He was 30 lbs at 18 months and now at just over 3, he’s over 34 lbs. He went from the 97% to 77%...still big, but not tipping the scales any more! He’s average on height. I’m quite petite - 5’3 112 lbs and my DH isn’t a whole lot bigger. No idea where this monster toddler came from.)

Ha! My husband is 6’5” and I’m 5’9” so this kid is destined to be a giant, haha! Thanks for the info. I figured it probably wouldn’t affect him. He’s had issues transitioning to milk so, if anything, it might be better for him to not do the full fat. He tends to be a picky eater so I’m always hesitant to change things up when traveling!

It never got “out-of-hand” for us & took no more room than the high chair would have unless you have a giant stroller. All the sit down restaurants we went to allowed it as long as we didn’t also want a high chair which we didn’t. So we did have a “need” to take ours in b/c DS was too young to sit in a high chair well & often slept in the stroller while we ate. It did not cause the other guests or CMs any trouble. Just b/c that has not been your experience doesn’t mean there is no “need”. OP asked for advice not snarky remarks about what Disney policy should be.

Yep!

One more question I thought of! Does anyone know of any products that you can put inside your child’s shoes with your phone number on them? Last time he wasn’t required to wear shoes, and although he’s not a full, strong walker yet, this time I feel like it might look tacky not to have shoes on him at his age? They never stay on and the ones we have are nice brands that I don’t want to lose I’d love to be able to put our number or something in them in case they fall off and we don’t notice, without having to write it in with a sharpie!

Thank you!! That’s great info. I was scanning through YouTube videos and shopping vlogs and didn’t seem like I saw whole milk anywhere. I’ll check into the shelf stable option, but honestly, a few days of non organic will be fine! Haha So it’s good to know Starbucks is an option!

Thank you! We drive from SC so we’ll probably bring our P&P (we use it with our DockATot and he sleeps in it every night so I think he’ll be most comfy that way.) We just used a rental company in NC for Christmas and it’s so nice to have that option for beds and high chairs and all the bulky things no one wants to have to haul! Thanks for the info! Our little guy is so tall so I’m thinking the P&P option isn’t going to last much longer. Good to have this info in my back pocket!
make sure you try the shelf stable milk at home before you leave. nothing worse than having toddler needing milk and not liking what you have put in cup/bottle. been there done that with that problem

make sure you try the shelf stable milk at home before you leave. nothing worse than having toddler needing milk and not liking what you have put in cup/bottle. been there done that with that problem
Yes!! Good advice, thank you! I’m thinking the non coldness might be the issue if there is one?

Disney is geared for kids and toddlers. You will find everything most convenient for care and entertainment of a toddler!

We are traveling with a 19 month old in June. Plan to rent a crib and bring his sheets and favorite blanket from home. Also plan to bring his pack and play mattress (it trifolds and is about 2 inches thick). He prefers to nap in the pack and play and sleep in his crib, so we will try to stick to that. Pack and plays are usually in the resort room.
As for cold packs, you can get away with instant cold packs used for injuries to keep things cold. You can also use the refillable ice packs that like hospitals use. I've found putting them in a freezer grade Ziploc works and prevents leakage.
From what I remember, there was whole milk at the resorts with DVC. I've found their food pantries to be decent... sometimes pricey, but decent in selection.

for mine it was taste and late enough no stores open as it was not a Disney trip. it was a very rough night for everyone

Good to know! You wouldn’t think the same brand of milk (but shelf stable) would taste that different! Guess we’ll stop by a store or do Prime Now and just get his usual milk!

Disney is geared for kids and toddlers. You will find everything most convenient for care and entertainment of a toddler!
Surprisingly, there is a HUGE lack in things for toddlers and sadly with each new addition to the parks they become less and less for the under 3 age group. If you read the DFB article I linked, you’ll also see there is very little food available for this age group as well.

Do take advantage of the Baby Care centers!

Thanks! I wasn’t a huge fan of them when we used them in April. We needed them to feed and have a quiet and cool place for him to have a small break, but we found that many families brought all their children in to run around and play and scream and it was not very calming and was actually very loud. It was nice to have a changing space that was more comfortable than the bathrooms (and made Daddy have a turn to change him! Haha) We also liked that the one at MK had a room with high chairs!!

We are traveling with a 19 month old in June. Plan to rent a crib and bring his sheets and favorite blanket from home. Also plan to bring his pack and play mattress (it trifolds and is about 2 inches thick). He prefers to nap in the pack and play and sleep in his crib, so we will try to stick to that. Pack and plays are usually in the resort room.
As for cold packs, you can get away with instant cold packs used for injuries to keep things cold. You can also use the refillable ice packs that like hospitals use. I've found putting them in a freezer grade Ziploc works and prevents leakage.
From what I remember, there was whole milk at the resorts with DVC. I've found their food pantries to be decent... sometimes pricey, but decent in selection.

Thanks so much! I don’t know why the break to cool ice packs hadn’t crossed my mind, duh! Haha Any suggestions on ones that stay cold longer? From what I’ve seen and experienced they never stay cold for more than 30 mins?

We’re also going budget this trip and staying at Pop Century. No P&Ps in those rooms :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!