Talk to me about chicken wings!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by kenthanson, Jan 10, 2018.

1. kenthanson

kenthanson Mouseketeer

I am a chicken wing fiend and on previous cruises, non DCL, I like late night snack of chicken wings and a coke. So who here has tried the chicken wings and how were they? Please be honest but also tell me they are delicious.

2. Chemist

Chemist Mouseketeer

Not the best I’ve ever had but we definitely enjoyed them!

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

4. Aby

Aby Obsessive and Compulsive

We had amazing wings on our cruise on the wonder in October in the Crown and Fin pub. Sometimes they had them mid afternoon with various activities, and sometimes in the evenings as well.

Aby

5. Anchors Away 2016

Anchors Away 2016 DIS Veteran

We ordered the wings from room service more than once. They weren't amazing, but they were fun and free and not bad. Good enough that we ordered them again later in the trip. The coke from room service however, will cost you, unless you go up to the stations by the pool deck and get it yourself.

JW9DVC likes this.
  6. DynamicDisneyDuo

DynamicDisneyDuo DIS Veteran

The wings from room service used to be a sweet kind of sauce. We had them on the Dream this past December and they were probably similar to a mediumish wing at Hooters heat-wise. The ones in the Pub will cost you as well. They used to sometimes have them out in the late-night snack area of the adults district. That may have changed now that they are charging in the Pub.

7. xQuizx

xQuizx Mouseketeer

We thought they were great, we ordered them every night of the cruise.

At night room service takes about 30 minutes. You can schedule a delivery time to your room, but someone has to be there if you ordered hot food.

If you order a coke I believe that will incur a charge.

8. Darryl111

Darryl111 Earning My Ears

Is there a charge for the wings from room service?

9. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS veteran

Not for the wings. But for any sodas you might order there's a charge.

10. TXDCLfan

TXDCLfan DIS Veteran

Pretty darn gross...very fatty and nasty...you wanted honest

kaseyC, kid-at-heart and kenthanson like this.
  11. jetskigrl

jetskigrl No mumbojumbo here

We met our friends every night at Crown and Fin Pub on the Wonder (6 pm) for wings and vegetables/dip. They have some regular and some spicy. We really enjoyed them and looked forward to that every night :) There was no change for them in the pub on the Wonder.

12. JayhawkCruiser

JayhawkCruiser Earning My Ears

We had wings on the Magic at O’gills pub and found them to be decent enough. Certainly not the best I’ve ever had - more of a “not bad” rather than “pretty good”

13. Beth D

Beth D DIS Veteran

We were on the Fantasy 2 yrs ago and our tablemates (strangers before the cruise, friends after) and their kids loved wings too: The 2nd night they asked our server in the main dining if they could get a platter of wings with the appetizers. He ended up bringing us about 2 dz to share among our table of 8. After asking for them again the next night, he just automatically brought them for the rest of the week!

The couple at the table next to us started getting them too! Bottom line - DCL servers will definitely go beyond if you ask them nicely!

kkayluvsdis likes this.
  14. Budzooka

Budzooka Mouseketeer

Good stuff. Ordered them for room service twice as a mid afternoon snack.

15. ParkaPooh

ParkaPooh Earning My Ears

On the Dream in 2015 we ordered them multiple times. Not the best we've ever had, but good for a "fix" as we are also wing fanatics.