"Talk" Me Into a 3-Night Cruise

MississippiMom

Mouseketeer
From a timing perspective, I think we could manage a 3-night cruise. My husband travels to Orlando (for work) at least four times a year, if not more often, and we could meet him down there and then try our first Disney cruise with a three-nighter over a long weekend. However, it just sounds like too short of a cruise to me. And then there are those fantastically low "magical rates" that run as low as $389 per person in a Cat. 12 guarantee, and with four of us, I know we will wind up with a Cat. 11 or better. But, again, I worry that I'll be so terribly disappointed because the vacation is too short.

I need a pep talk from you DISers. Tell me all about how any time on the cruise is better than none, and how it would be a great introduction to DCL.

I do have us booked on the September 1, 2008, "special" 5-night cruse, but, with our schools starting in the beginning of August, and that cruise running from Monday to Friday, I really am starting to think that we will need to cancel that sailing and book another (i.e. less expensive) cruise line in the Summer.

:thumbsup2 Do it! You won't regret it, but you will want to take a longer cruise next time. We started with a 4 day and we are now addicted to cruising. We have two more coming up in 2008.

Our first 3 cruises were 4 day cruises. Only one of them was on the Magic(maiden Voyage). The rest... all 7 day. In 12 days... we'll be doing three 7 day cruises, 8 Sept to 29 Sept.
Somewhere down the line... we were addicted to cruising... Disney was my addiction since I was 3, so it's worked out beautifully!:cool1:

I am having trouble deciding if we should do a 4 night or 7 night cruise. What would be the main difference?

I am having trouble deciding if we should do a 4 night or 7 night cruise. What would be the main difference?

For us it was 7 nights or NOTHING. I can understand people adding a 3 or 4 nighter to a WDW vacation OR if you live nearby OR if you have the extra $$$ to fly in.

We will probably do a 4 and or 3 someday BUT we had to do and are repeating 7 nighters.

There is SOOO much we did not get to do in 7 nights that I can not imagine what only 3 or 4 would be like.

You get a lot more time on the ship esp with the Eastern. The ships are so awesome that many do not get off in port. Look at the people who do back to back 7 nighters. Why would they unless it is THAT amazing?

You get more dining options (3 different days to have Palo brunch instead of 1) Different menus, more parties and shows.

MUCH BETTER PORTS OF CALL!!!! The Ports on East or West are much better that the Wonder's stop in the Bahamas.

Mainly - I know people who think that a trip to WDW needs only 4 days - afterall there are 4 parks:lmao: :confused3 . If you fall into that catagory 4 nights might do you. We always stay 8+ at WDW. 4 is only the 1/2 way point!!

I think 4 nights are for people with tight schedules or tight budgets or an add-on. We'd never cruised before our 06 Eastern and we were in love with it by the first sunset!:love:

I LOVED the 3 night cruise, I loved everything about it, I loved always having something to do and my mom and I did a lot in those 3 days. you still get pirate night and your day at Castaway.

When it came time to get off the ship I felt it was well worth the money and didnt feel like it was to short.

Of course we didnt sleep much, we were the only ones up deck watching POTC in the moonlight(talk about a 4d feeling) LOL

I know I'm in the minority here, but we quite frankly didn't like the 7-night. Our 1st time on DCL, we did 7-nights and were really ready to be done about half way through. We did a 3-night in August and LOVED it! It was the perfect amount of time for us to be on the boat. We've booked another 3-night for April and a 4-night for November. I'm sure that one day we'll try 7-nights again, but for now shorter is better. So, don't hesitate to book a 3-night!

Good Luck
Leslie

Although I love Disney cruises:love: , my DH thought 7 nights was a little too long. We started with a 3 night, fell in love with DCL, booked a 7 night eastern, and are now doing a 3 night again in about a month. To be fair though, we're booked for another 7 night too.:rolleyes1 I have addiction problems--I can't help it.:rotfl:

I think every person is different. For us, the 3 night was the perfect way to start out to see what cruising was all about. We did rebook onboard because we all had the most fantastic vacation we'd ever had. I say "GO FOR IT!" You'll be happy just being on the ship.:goodvibes

I think every person is different. For us, the 3 night was the perfect way to start out to see what cruising was all about. We did rebook onboard because we all had the most fantastic vacation we'd ever had. I say "GO FOR IT!" You'll be happy just being on the ship.:goodvibes

I agree. Dh and I are artists and we can leave for a cruise just about anytime. We are very much in the minority on this one. So we are very lucky to be taking the 3 weeks.:love:

Ann TOTGBFL... thats : taking over the guest bedroom for luggage.

I have NEVER done the 4 or 7 night cruise. Truthly....I would love to the 7 night...but, cost and timing are the big factors that keep me coming back to sailing on The Wonder for 3 nights! I am scheduled to sail for the 6th time in Nov. I love 3nights...and maybe it's because that's all I can afford to do (but, if getting to go every year or so is the pay off..I'm ok with it!) I have 4 school age children...so, missing school is something I have to consider and the timing of the 3 nights works best for days missed at school...and then the time of the year I can financially afford to take kids so I am happy to go for 3 nights. To me the shorter cruise is all about the cruise experience!! Not the destination ports...except of Castaway Cay. I find that I am happy with 3night. I arrive early to port...and board ASAP so I can take full advantage of that day....Nassau day...it's all about relaxing......and Castaway Cay...it couldn't get more perfect than that!! The nightly shows are great........I am a big fan!

We booked the 3-night first, b/c DH had never cruised before, and we wanted to see how our 4 y.o. DD took to it...
It was the 1st day at Nassau, while everyone else was onshore, that DH gave me the go ahead to rebook for a 7-night in November!!

That said? do the 3-nighter... it's either as busy or as relaxing as you'd like it to be... we didn't even opt to go into Nassau - instead we stayed on board and had the pools and everything to ourselves (for the most part!) and it was relaxing and restoring!

We're looking at rebooking for a 3-day next year to take some friends along who aren't yet sold on the DCL experience but want to try it, and we'll be booking a longer trip for just us in 2009 as well...

Go for it... you'll have fun - you'll get hooked on Castaway Cay - and you'll be back here laughing about the fact that you don't need to be talked into the one after that! :)

we've only been on a 3 day and a 4 day cruise....
i think the 3 day was the better length for us....it was just right....the extra day at sea wasn't necessary....

Our first cruise was a 3 day. It gave us a taste and left us wanting more...

So shortly we are going on our first 7 day cruise....

If the choice is NO cruise or a 3 day cruise, you will have a great time on a 3 day cruise. Will you wish it was longer, most likely... but you will still be glad you did it.

It sounds like the overall consensus is that we ought to give the 3-night a try.:thumbsup2 Now, I just need to get with DH to see when his work trips to Orlando will be occurring, so I can try to snag one of the "magical rate" cabins. Last year, our daughters and I joined him down in Orlando in late October and were able to go to a couple of the parks, plus attend MNSSHP. I liked the weather during that time of year, so here's crossing my fingers that we can coordinate something again this fall or early winter.

We like the 3 day as a quick getaway especially during the winter months. Just enough to remind us that it will get warm again. Overall, we prefer longer cruises because there is so much more to do on the ship and you really get to know your servers, cruise staff better. We will be off on our 4th 3 night cruise in late November. Can't wait!

for me 4 nights in disney world in plenty.

3 or 4 night cruises well, please just give me a 7 night cruise

but I am going on a 3 night cruise september 6th

my first cruise was a 4 night, second cruise was a 7 night and thrid cruise was a 7 night, and now my four cruise will be a 3 night. it will hold me over till my 7 night cruise next july

:thumbsup2 Do it! You won't regret it, but you will want to take a longer cruise next time. We started with a 4 day and we are now addicted to cruising. We have two more coming up in 2008.

I agree..on 3 day cruises, the time FLYS by. You will most definitely be saying to yourself, "GOSH! Why didn't I book a longer cruise?" On 3 days, all you do is have a day at sea, Nassau, and then Castaway Cay. We did a 4 day cruise and we are all really sad that we didn't do a longer one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter