Tales from the Supermarket

Remind myself never ever to go shopping in a supermarket in the US :crazy2:

I have never been anywhere in Europe, so can't comment to the stores over there, but yea, some of the things you see in stores here? Yikes! I know its a sore subject with some people on the Dis, but google People of Walmart.

OK show of hands--who has had a "lady" reach into her cleavage and pull out money, and hand it to you?:wave2:

That "lady" is my mother-in-law!!! Her cleavage is her wallet. She pulls out cash, driver's license, cell phone. Keys go under the bra strap. I swear she must have to buy a larger size bra just to fit all of trinkets in there. :rotfl2:

That "lady" is my mother-in-law!!! Her cleavage is her wallet. She pulls out cash, driver's license, cell phone. Keys go under the bra strap. I swear she must have to buy a larger size bra just to fit all of trinkets in there. :rotfl2:

My aunt is that woman too. We found a bra with a zippered pocket. We told her about it jokingly but she wants one.

I used to be a retail manager. Here are a few quick ones:

1. Our cart attendants had an article in our monthly newsletter tallying the number of "Code Browns" they took care of. We had a problem in our store for awhile where someone (or more than one) would go to quieter sections of the store (backside of an aisle right before closing) and use the bathroom right there!

2. We had a recurring problem with someone using one of the stalls in the women's restroom. The problem was that they did not use the toilet and the walls of the stall were covered all the way up!

3. A woman wanted to return stained women's panties. When my co-worker refused, the woman threw them in her face!!! :crazy2:

4. When I first became a manager, one of my employees came to me because two girls were in one of the fitting rooms, uh, enjoying each other's company (or at least it sounded like they were enjoying each other!). At the time I did not have the guts to interrupt, so I told my employee if I can't do it, I cannot expect her to say anything. I just sealed the stall they used afterward for the cleaning company to disinfect.

5. Was the manager over lingerie for awhile. Had a phone call from a customer asking questions about what we sold. She ended up telling me that I was such a nice person I should "get together" with her AND her boyfriend!

Oh, that is my pet peeve - people opening food and eating it in the store while they are shopping. Really, you can't wait at least until you get out to your car to open that bag of chips? :crazy2:

And these peoples kids think it is OK to go through the lunch line at school and eat while they wait in line to pay. I swear, I have to tell kids everyday you do not open a bag of chips until AFTER you pay for it

I've got that one beat & I was brand new too!!! Talk about "EWWWW" factor. It was the local homeless guy (trust me...he told you and everyone he was homeless, needed a shower to get rid of an ear infection and his brother was the lead singer of Chicago but quit right before they got big!)...anyway....he literally took his boot off (had to go sit down to do it) to get his money out of his shoe. GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness we do have hand sanitizer around....I think I just had the look of shock & horror when he did that. He had been in before but this was the first time we had the boot issue. You know...as much as people don't like self check-out -- I was beyond thrilled the last time he was in and used it. I did not have to touch the money.

OMG...This kind of stuff starts young..I had a kid who used to take his sweaty money out of his shoe to pay me for his lunch.

THIS!! And then the customer says "How did it come to xxx amount?? I didn't buy that much!" And then they ask you to show them the items on the computer screen one by one, and show them where the tax is added in etc. etc. Eventually they realize that yes indeed they did spend that much....and finally decide to pay you. All the while muttering and shaking their head. :laughing:

Similar..I get kids who will owe me $4.00, they hand me a $10 to put on their account (so now they have $6)...buy lunch ($2), drink($1) and a snack($1) (because they *just* put all this money on their account that day and now have $2.00 left. So I will get...what do you mean I only have $2.00..I just gave you $10.
So I have to go through pulling up their account and explaining where all their money went.

:rotfl: Oh, my! I'd never seen or heard of anyone doing that until a couple months ago, this family was in a store shopping near me, and the mother was talking on the phone. When she finished she stuck it down her ample cleavage. I nearly lost it. My mouth flew open, and I had to leave the area! I can imagine it was safe there! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!