Taking your kids-why you love it!

I've been vacationing with our kids since my oldest was 1 years old. Most of my family thinks were are nuts. My kids are now 12 and 8. We are going on the Baltics Cruise in July and everyone thinks it is crazy. I use to think that too then, recently our nephew at age 18 years old died in a tragic car accident. My SIL did tons of vacations with him and doesn't regret a single one and she was a single parent so, it was a stretch for her afford them. My FIL would never vacation with us because it was during the summer and school vacations and he didn't like crowds. He figured we have plentity of time later. Well... it is too late for him. In fact, we all went to Maui one year and did a big family portrait with a photographer and he isn't in the photo because he refused to go. It costs too much, it is too hot and crowded in June. Anyways... enjoy every moment you have with your children you never know when they will get taken away.

The other reason we vacation together is because we enjoy the bonding time. My dh works a lot of hours between Jan 1 and April 15th. There can be days where we only see him for 15 minutes a day for weeks on end. So, vacations help us unwind and relax and not worry about real life. We take 3-4 vacations a year at least. We are very fortunate and I do realize there will be a time when our kids won't be able to join us... So, I'm totally enjoying it NOW!!!

Don't worry about what other people think, do what you want to do with your children.

Now that being said, would I take my children on a cruise? Probably not. But that is due to my own personal reasons. I have never been on a cruise and I think I would much rather do a short cruise just myself and DH. HOWEVER, if I were going on a Disney cruise then it would be hard for me to leave my kids behind. I dont think I could enjoy it without them. But to just take a cruise to an island, then I think it would be just me and DH. But our oldest sons are ages 26 and 17 and now we have a 3 year old daughter. I dont think the 26and 17 would care so much for a Disney cruise but the 3 year old would LOVE it!!

Bottom line, do what you want for your own family and fill it with cherished memories!!!! :thumbsup2

There is so much to enjoy with them around. My oldest (15yo) is getting to that friend stage. Yes she's still my daughter, but she and I talk. How do I know what she likes and doesn't like if I'm not with her. That's true for all three actually.

I know that we all enjoy roller coasters. But oldest doesn't like loops. We all enjoy test Track as well. Middle is my daredevil. She will go on ToT as many times as you let her. Youngest enjoys just about everything.

It's enjoying life together. It's seeing thing through new eyes. It's enjoying the wonder all over again.

My folks want to take the kids vacationing with dh and I. I want to experience things with them! I want to know firsthand what my kids know. I know there will be a time when I don't but now is not that time!

It's not just a Disney thing either. We went to WY and went on a wagon train trip last summer. It was awesome. We went horseback riding. We rode in wagons. We slept in tents. We went up and saw Old Faithful. Why would I not want my kids to enjoy all that?!

And for those who say "your kids are older". We started Disney when my youngest was not quite 3. I remember going down to buy M&M's at the Contemporary's gift shop because he suddenly decide to potty train while at Disney! (M&M's have always been our reward.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter