Taking Winnie on a Wonder Cruise - A February Mexican Riviera Trip - All wrapped up 6/14

So sorry to hear about Fran. :hug:
Thank you very much.
I have been a lurker of your trip reports a long time. I know of your love of Disney, cats, and music. Remember you moving into a big house and a lot of Disney art.
Wow! You have been lurking along time. It will be 10 years this Fall since we bought the house!
Love all your pictures . I’m glad you will still be traveling. Can’t wait for more of your trip reports. Fran will be always there with you in your heart. Glad she is pain free now.
I'm actually going to be traveling quite a bit. Maybe not all will have trip reports, but Egypt will definitely warrant one!

Alison I’m so sorry about Fran. I follow Su Lynn on Instagram and she had posted about Fran’s celebration of life. She posted some pictures of a special dinner and you looked beautiful in a gorgeous dress. I wasn’t able to send you condolences until now. Life is short and precious and you and Fran certainly lived it to the fullest. She would be happy that you will continue to travel with your friends. 💐

Coming out of lurkdom to say I'm so very sorry for your loss. I hope she is finally at peace and love that she will be looking down on your future travels and cheering you on :hug: I also follow SuLynn on Inst and FB so I did know about Fran's passing but like I said, as a lurker it felt a little weird to message you out of the blue. Please know that there are many of us thinking of you and sending love and strength during these difficult times.

I'm so sorry to hear about Fran. I always enjoyed reading your trip reports. Looks like you have some very good friends to help you through the rough times.
Kim

So the last time I was here and updating, Fran and I were planning to head to WDW for a glorious 10 days of fun. Instead two days before we were scheduled to leave, she checked into the emergency room at the hospital and never came out.
I did know, of course. And again, my condolences.
Last week I met up with a guy who handles estate liquidation and he is going to be my savior! Already he's got me several thousand dollars with jewelry that was sitting around. He's started selling the hundreds of Tiki mugs she ordered from various sellers around the country, and he's also got a guy who works with classic cars. Those of you who are friends on social media have seen that I've been working on getting those running again.
I’m glad you have this gentleman, along with your friends, helping you through this.
She had a ton of great instruments, many of which I would never play (not a clarinetist, or a brass player).
I would’ve loved a clarinet, but… haven’t played in a while and recently injured myself so don’t think I’ll be playing in the future either.
I really miss her a lot, but I've been reassured that she is happy now to be free of her pain. Evidently she watches over me and is looking forward to following me along in my adventures.
:hug:
we have a trip to WDW planned for the Spring of 2024, as well as a cruise on the Fantasy in Fall of 2024 (yet to be booked). We even have a working title for our TR series, but I don't want to give it away just yet!
Didn’t know about those. Wonderful!
so anyways, let's get on with some of Fran's last happy days!
Bittersweet… But I’m happy you’re continuing the TR.
I'd heard a rumor that there was shawarma on the Wonder, and it was true.
I’ve never had shawarma. Up here there’s a place to get it… But it’s huge! So never have.
Fran just went with the standard burger and fries. I think this was the third one she had eaten all week!
Can’t go wrong with a burger. ::yes::
It's more like a shawarma Plate,
That is not at all like the shawarma they serve here.
After lunch I met Jill in the French Quarter Lounge for Theme Park Trivia. I did miserably 12 out of 20.
I’m surprised. Must’ve been pretty tough questions.
I also booked our placeholder cruise.
Can you still use that? Or did you have to cancel?
Around 5:15 I met Jill and we headed up to the Buena Vista Theater to watch Ant Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. Now this movie I thoroughly enjoyed!
Thanks for the tip. Wonder if it’s on Disney+? Up here.
She was trying to get out of going to dinner, but when I read her two of the menu items there were two that she was looking forward to having, she decided to go.
I thought for sure one of those would be strawberry soup.
we did take pictures.

z23WC0302SD51.jpg
Love the shirts. :)
You draw a character and then it is animated on the screens later during dinner.
Cool!!
Look at the fiendish smile on her face,
:laughing:
I really miss that part of her personality.
:hug:
Our table sang along with his signature theme song.
Awww :)
Fran had the Lobster Bisque. This is one of the dishes that brought Fran to dinner tonight.
I can see that. It’d bring me too
I ordered the Beef Wellington as did most of the other meat eaters at the table. Only one of the portions looked "plated", and it wasn't mine. All of the rest of ours appeared to be just tossed on the plate haphazardly. It still tasted good!
That playing is awful. But… I guess if it was good…
This was the other thing that she came to dinner for, the Chicken Schnitzel not the Wellington.
That surprised me
Evidently someone either liked the cat itself or the fact that there were blood droplets coming off the claws, but her drawing appeared several times in "special" scenes and not just with the rest of the table's drawings.
:laughing: good for Fran!
This photo shows Jill’s figure, it’s the mandalorian with Grogu in his hand.
Nice one Jill. :thumbsup2
I got the Peach Tart. It was good, but a little dry. I didn't finish it.
Too bad. Sounded good.
We woke up just before 1AM or should I say she woke me up to go potty. Then she woke us up again around 2:30 AM. Later, I started having a nightmare and woke myself up when I realized that it was just a dream and I could end it by waking up. That was 4:30 AM. I checked out the verandah door and it was too early for the sunrise.
Wayyyy too much “up”.
Yes I might have liked to sleep through the night
No kidding!
all in all it was still a good time.
:) I’m so glad it was.
We ate too much, had lots of tasty beverages, but mostly we got out of the house, and weren't in the hospital.
Perfect
Here’s Fran’s first plate, that bowl you see? Full of syrup for her waffles.
Well sure. I mean… waffles. Gotta have syrup! And lots of it!
know oatmeal doesn’t seem like a luxury, but when it’s prepared in large quantities it’s really good. At home we always have the packets of instant oatmeal, so when I find myself in a situation where I can have real oatmeal, I love to take advantage of that!
I like oatmeal from time to time… but never the instant packets. I want the real deal.
Then she had me get her one last Egg Benedict for the trip. She asked for extra hollandaise, believe me there is a Benedict in there!
Whoa! They sure didn’t scrimp on the hollandaise!
After I got her situated I came back and the line for Stitch's 10AM appearance had started, so I joined that.
Nice shots with the characters
also double checked that the placeholder cruise I booked actually went through. That’s another thing that you can only do through the app. They used to have a future cruise desk where you did that with a person. They still have the desk, it was just never occupied.
Huh. Seems odd.
And this sausage on a pretzel roll.
Mmmm I’ll have that
I think he was one of the few characters who was allowed to speak. In fact I think Rapunzel also liked the cat shirt and was another speaking character.
That makes sense. ::yes::
And here we are trying to sling webs.
Photoshop that!

I am so sorry for your loss, glad you seem to have great people around you to help you through and Fran is no longer suffering. lots of love and hugs from across the pond :hug:

Big hug Alison!
:grouphug:
So good to hear your stories again--it sounds like you are moving forward strongly and with grace. Fran is definitely there with you.
I can feel her presence, it's reassuring even if she isn't here physically anymore.
Very excited to hear all about your plans for upcoming adventures and will eagerly wait to hear all about them.
I'm excited to start living them! So many exciting things on the horizon!

I am so sorry for your loss. I have been reading your reports over the years. I felt you were my Disney friends. I found about Fran passing away on Instagram and it broke my heart. I am so happy you are back and going to finish the report and I am looking forward to reading about your future adventures.

I am so sorry for your loss. I am another lurker who has always enjoyed reading about your adventures (including the new house wow 10 years?). I am happy that you have found someone to help you with her items and that you have so many friends checking in on you. Big hugs, and give yourself grace through the grieving process. I am glad you are continuing the trip report and I look forward to your future adventures. We were in DL in Nov, and I half expected to see you gals on a park adventure, I feel like I know you from reading all these trip reports. Thinking of you.

I am so sorry to hear about Fran. I am so thankful I got to spend an afternoon with the two of you in WDW. I was so delighted when I found out the Fran and AJ were going to be in our little group.

I haven't been very active on the boards or at anything Disney for a bit. Just recently bought DVC DLT and got pumped to start visiting the parks again and looked for your trip reports because I always enjoy them. I was delighted to find this and then, of course, very sad to read about Fran. I feel like saying I'm sorry for your loss doesn't do justice to what I am feeling about it, but kudos to you for taking her on the cruise and taking such good care of her. You are an amazing woman that you can even come back and finish the report. I'm sure it's giving you fond memories, but wow, time with our loved ones is so precious and so delicate. I'm glad to read that you are doing okay and that you have some help. :hug:

A few weeks after her death, I realized that she would have wanted me to finish this trip report. She knew how much I liked writing them and sharing our adventures with my DIS friends. I've just been crazy busy with what I call "moving forward". You remember all those shopping trips? Well now I'm weighing my options, go through the hassle of taking pictures and selling it on eBay or sell it at the garage sale?
She would indeed have wanted you to finish. She has told me so how much she knew you liked writing for your friends.
You're doing so well at moving forward

I'd heard a rumor that there was shawarma on the Wonder, and it was true. Y
Ummm yum!! Love that you can pick what you want!
I did miserably 12 out of 20. Jill got 15, but the winning score was 18.
Oh well, better luck next time

My little one will love this I think, I know Maria did.
This was my first Cruise with no paper Navigators.
I loved the paper navigators; I think we will miss them
Awww! Classic Fran shirt!
Look at the fiendish smile on her face, I really miss that part of her personality.

z23WC0302SD43.jpg
This is such a classic Fran look- I liked seeing this look in your TR's indeed
We were welcomed to dinner by Lumiere. Our table sang along with his signature theme song.

z23WC0302SD47.jpg
Awww cute! So he is the host rather than Nemo I think it is on Fantasy?
Her next course was the chicken satay. She gave me one of the skewers but I couldn't eat it all, there's just too much food.

z23WC0302SD56.jpg
Yum, I love chicken satay, but especially with peanut sauce on it
D would probably have these and the tuna
All of the rest of ours appeared to be just tossed on the plate haphazardly. It still tasted good! Mine was cooked perfectly, but not so for everyone else.

z23WC0302SD58.jpg
that is looking a bit rough, glad it tasted good.
Chicken Schnitzel not the Wellington.

z23WC0302SD59.jpg
yum, I do like chicken and also pork schnitzel , especially when it's nice and crispy
Evidently someone either liked the cat itself or the fact that there were blood droplets coming off the claws, but her drawing appeared several times in "special" scenes and not just with the rest of the table's drawings.
that's so funny, laughed out loud at the blood!
This photo shows Jill’s figure, it’s the mandalorian with Grogu in his hand.
So creative @jedijill !!
If you noticed on the papers we drew they also had us write our first names on the sheet, now we appeared in the credits.

z23WC0302SD62.jpg
that's a nice addition!
I got the Peach Tart. It was good, but a little dry. I didn't finish it.

z23WC0302SD66.jpg
It looks dry, I'd probably eat the top part mainly
snail?
I've never seen northern lights, so I wouldn't really know.
Well maybe here we will catch them
Hopefully by now you're back to a private office.
not yet...there is a new space being added but probably won't be done till next year...
I like oatmeal when it is made in large batches, not instant just add water kind of stuff.
me too, I still have yet to try the "overnight oats" thing - I'm not sure about cold oatmeal
Hopefully it's leveled out for now.

I started having a nightmare and woke myself up when I realized that it was just a dream and I could end it by waking up.
I do that too sometimes, have been doing it since I was a kid
Or maybe you didn’t even notice. Carry on!
I actually thought that the waves were clearer on the first, but the sun brighter on the second!
We ate too much, had lots of tasty beverages, but mostly we got out of the house, and weren't in the hospital. We couldn't say that for most of the last year.
Indeed, you had a tough year, I'm so glad for this cruise.
One trick that I use at Disney where butter is in those self serve pats, is I always grab the butter first and put it in my pocket.

Why have I never thought to do this!!

but it’s the little things that make me happy!
The little things are important, I'm a believer in that.

Cute! Stitch is Maria's favourite character
Thai Chicken lettuce wraps. These were OK. I thought we might get some more interesting veggies than just carrots and cabbage. Maybe they might have even had a sauce to drizzle over them, but I still ate them all.

z23WC0303SD18.jpg
One of my favourite things to make for dinner lately. Makenna loves them too- she loves veggies
She wanted the red velvet cake and this was the only time they were serving it. But photobucket doesn't want you to see the picture! 🤬
Cream cheese icing?

Lots of good updates, upwards and onwards x

I'm so sorry for your loss!
Thank you.
I've read so many of your trip reports and am so glad you're continuing with traveling and writing.
All the lurkers coming out of hiding! :laughing: I really enjoy writing the TRs, so I'm happy to keep it up!
Thanks for this update. I love Fran's shirt at dinner.
That was one of her favorite shirts. She had many different colors and took them on a lot of cruises!

Thank you.

All the lurkers coming out of hiding! :laughing: I really enjoy writing the TRs, so I'm happy to keep it up!

That was one of her favorite shirts. She had many different colors and took them on a lot of cruises!
Another lurker here-have enjoyed your trip reports over the years.You could certainly tell that you and Fran were a wonderfully devoted pair.Sending you condolences on the loss your wife.

So good to see you here again!
It feels good to be back! :goodvibes
We still miss Fran and often talk about how sad it is that no one gets to experience her lovely humor anymore! I am grateful that she doesn’t have to deal with pain anymore and I am sure she is watching over you and is thrilled that you will get to travel with your friends!
I know, I miss so many things about her. I just keep trudging on. Some days are harder than others.
As to the trip report: I love the look of the shawarma and will have to make sure to get it in Alaska!
It was pretty good!
It is funny that looking at the menus in the app made Fran go to dinner. For Michael it worked the other way around. We ended up skipping 2 dinners because Michael couldn’t find anything he wanted.
Well then again, he is kind of picky!
And I think those dining room pictures turned out wonderful. Both your shirts are so on point!! 🤣
Thanks. As I was looking at her in the pictures, I could see that she was showing signs of wearing down. Her complexion wasn't what it used to be, and you can tell she is putting up a good front, but was tired.

Let me add to that - we miss her too, but consider ourselves so lucky to have been able to spend time with her during our visit and cruise.
I am so glad that you all got to see her one last time!
And I am sure that she will not only keep an eye on you, but she will cheer you on while you two are exploring new grounds
I hope so!
(please let Austria be one of them - and bring more time ;))
Actually Austria would not be new to me, but I am considering visiting there, perhaps in about a year. :scratchin My dance card has been filling up quickly!

I notice that you have quite a bit of plans in your signature! I better adjust mine.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter