Taking photos at CC

Tigggrluvr

Earning My Ears
How do you handle taking a camera/phone to CC for photos, and keep it safe? I’ve seen a number of waterproof pouches for a phone, so I guess you could just keep it with you even in the water. Other suggestions? Thanks!

How do you handle taking a camera/phone to CC for photos, and keep it safe? I’ve seen a number of waterproof pouches for a phone, so I guess you could just keep it with you even in the water. Other suggestions? Thanks!
I have a waterproof point & shoot camera that stays strapped to my wrist when visiting Castaway Cay.

I have a waterproof point & shoot camera that stays strapped to my wrist when visiting Castaway Cay.

Same for me.

I take my DSLR off of the ship early or later in the day, take the shots I want, and return it to the room. For the rest of the day I use my waterproof point & shoot. I love mine and it takes a great photo.

So what are you using for a p&s?
GUEST_d4493198-789a-4e8f-b5fa-9940b96a53d4

Reactions: KVH

I used my waterproof camera (olympus tg3, love it!) and left my phone and dslr on the ship.

We picked up two MPOW waterproof pouches for our phones last year. They also have neck straps / lanyards. The strap comes in handy for taking photos and video over the edge of the veranda and other railings. I don't have to worry about dropping my phone. I got a great video of the lights at or near the waterline on the Fantasy last year.

This may sound like a dumb question, but do you have to wash it off in regular water if you drop it in the ocean? i have a "waterproof" camera I bought for my 2016 cruise but I never took it in the water because the instructions said that if it was in salt water, it had to be washed off in regular water, and that sounded like more work than I wanted to do for casual shots.

This may sound like a dumb question, but do you have to wash it off in regular water if you drop it in the ocean? i have a "waterproof" camera I bought for my 2016 cruise but I never took it in the water because the instructions said that if it was in salt water, it had to be washed off in regular water, and that sounded like more work than I wanted to do for casual shots.
Yes, it's a good idea to wash it off. Not a lot of work, hold it under running water for a few seconds, dry off thoroughly. Also, open the battery/memory card compartment and wipe off the seals with damp cloth and dry before closing.

You don't have to do it every time it goes in the water, just at the end of when you're using it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!