Taking grandkids to Disney

Nana Weafer

Earning My Ears
Hi All, I received lots of help on this forum back in 2003ish when I first took my two little granddaughters to Disney. We had a wonderful time thanks to all of you and your great information. Well, the girls are now 11 and 13 and we've since had a grandson who is just turning 6. I have just made reservations to stay in Disney's Beach Club Resort from 12/28/2021-1/1/2022. It's my grandson's first trip and I'm so excited to introduce him to Disney. That said, I am looking for the best rides/experiences/restaurants, etc. for a 6 year old. I'm also very excited to share some of Disney's holiday activities with him. He loves Mickey and Toy Story, animals of all kinds, and anything star wars or super hero related (I think I'm going to have to check out Universal Studios for superheroes). Any help/advice/info you can give will be so very appreciated. I also had lots of help from the various DISigners with letters, luggage tags, printables, etc. when I planned the trip for my granddaughters. Does anyone know which of the designers are still active? Thank you so much in advance.

I'm thinking you might've meant 2013 based on the ages? Either way, a lot has changed since then including lots of new rides/lands. Toy Story Land, Star Wars Land (Galaxy's Edge), and the new Mickey & Minnie ride, all at Hollywood Studios sound right up the little one's alley.

Universal does have more super heroes, but most of those super hero rides may be too big for him, but they are still really fun parks that all kids may enjoy.

If you have Facebook, I suggest joining the group "Ear for Each Other". It is a group of former cast members who had been laid off due to the pandemic, and they make and sell anything and everything Disney you could ever imagine.

My guy is six too and loved the Star Wars and Toy Story rides the most. It depends on how brave the child is too. He enjoys all the mountains too - Space, Splash and Everest. Mine will ride anything he is tall enough to ride and the coasters are his favorites. Have a great time!

I'm thinking you might've meant 2013 based on the ages? Either way, a lot has changed since then including lots of new rides/lands. Toy Story Land, Star Wars Land (Galaxy's Edge), and the new Mickey & Minnie ride, all at Hollywood Studios sound right up the little one's alley.

Universal does have more super heroes, but most of those super hero rides may be too big for him, but they are still really fun parks that all kids may enjoy.

If you have Facebook, I suggest joining the group "Ear for Each Other". It is a group of former cast members who had been laid off due to the pandemic, and they make and sell anything and everything Disney you could ever imagine.
Thanks for responding and yes I did mean 2013, LOL

My guy is six too and loved the Star Wars and Toy Story rides the most. It depends on how brave the child is too. He enjoys all the mountains too - Space, Splash and Everest. Mine will ride anything he is tall enough to ride and the coasters are his favorites. Have a great time!
Thank you, mine is brave as well so have no doubt he'll enjoy the mountains rides!

Some restaurants my six year old likes are the character meals of course, and Sci Fi Drive In, TRex and Rainforest Cafe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter