Taking baby formula on the flight

UKDEB

Moderator Emeritus
Are there restrictions? Can you take it made up in bottles, or do you have to take a sealed container and ask for boiled water? Are you allowed to take the ready-mixed single serve portions?

I dont think you can take it in bottles, but the ready-mixed, sealed cartons are the best option. We took those with disposable, sterilised bottles and the cabin crew warmed the milk for us.....although our idwife has said that room-temperature is fine for milk, you should only warm it whe it comes from the fridge. That makes it reallyeasy!

Security can ask you to open the sealed ready made forumla and taste them :eek: , which basically ruins them as they are only meant to be open for 2 hours then thrown out. If you take pre-sterilised water and powder they can also make you taste the water, not that bad but making sure you still have the right amount of water could be a pain.

I have phoned boots in the airport and ordered 4x200ml of my sons forumla in the ready madeup variety. This was shockingly easy to do, the lady just had me hold for a minute whilst she got her order form and went out on to the shop floor so I could describe exactly which one it was. To me this seems the best option so I can just bring clean empty bottles and open the forumla as I need it on the flight. :)

Boots on airside have plenty on the shelves. If you are worried about having to taste it, take extra cartons. We usually take enough to allow for a few hours delays, just in case.

You can take baby milk/food/drinks through security bit they ask you to taste all liquids and we had to open and tates 50% of the jars -yuk!

I have the Tommee Tippee bottles with the powder containers that fit inside. We had no rpoblems either flying from the UK or from the US having the powder and then asking the cabin crew for hot water.
I did forget that DS hadn't finished all of his bottle on the way to Heathrow and when we were going through customs I remembered and DH had to taste it! Not a pleasant experience I was told :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!