Take out meals at the Fort

sshane

Earning My Ears
Hello! I am new to this site, but have been reading posts on here for a while. The information here is amazing. I do have a quick question. We are leaving for our first trip to the Fort (and Disney!) on Friday and I am trying to plan ahead for meals. Are there any restaurants at the Fort that have take-out? (Meaning pizza, burgers, fries........nothing fancy, just something for a quick meal in case I'm too tired to cook some nights.) Thanks for any answers and thanks for all of the other great info I've read on this site so far!

"Trail's to Go"
available from 4:30 P.M. -10:00 P.M. daily
No Delivery

Freshly baked thin crust pizza

16" Thin Crust Cheese Pizza $13.99
16" Thin Crust Cheese Pepperoni Pizza $14.99
$1 for each additional topping
Pepperoni, Onions, Sausage, Black Olives, Fresh Mushrooms, Green Bell Peppers, Extra Cheese

The Lone Rider $6.99
Two pieces of our famous fried chicken, fries, cole slaw, and a biscuit
White Meat Only $8.99

Giddyup and Go $19.99
10 pieces of chicken, fries, cole slaw and biscuits for 4
White Meat only $24.99

Buffalo Chicken Strips $7.49
Served with blue cheese and Celery Sticks

Nacho Chips $7.99
Beef Chili, Cheddar Cheese, Salsa

Mixed Greens $2.59

Fort Wilderness Specialty Drinks (Non-Alcoholic) $3.99
Smoothies, Milk Shakes, Pina Colada, Frozen Cappuccino, Coconut, Mango, Raspberry, Strawberry, Banana, Chocolate, Vanilla

Hello! I am new to this site, but have been reading posts on here for a while. The information here is amazing.

Welcome to the camping boards !

We're always happy to have fresh meat,, uuhh,, MEMBERS,,fresh members !
Just kidding,,with a name like mine, you cant take me too serious.
We do enjoy fun around here.
Anyways,,WELCOME !

We also enjoy hopping over to the Wilderness Lodge via either boat or bikes for a quick, casual meal at Roaring Forks (counter service). They have pretty good, and fairly reasonable burgers, sandwiches, salads, chicken fingers, etc...

Quick tip on the food. The nachos are not much better then what you would get at the movies its liquid cheese:scared: If you get the pizza have them bring you some fresh graded parmasean cheese to put on top. You can not get any extra toppings so that is as close as it gets to extra cheese. The fried chicken is always good and the boneless buffalo wings aren't bad. Hope this helps. Also the Contempo Cafe is pretty good over at CR.

Hello! I am new to this site, but have been reading posts on here for a while. The information here is amazing. I do have a quick question. We are leaving for our first trip to the Fort (and Disney!) on Friday and I am trying to plan ahead for meals. Are there any restaurants at the Fort that have take-out? (Meaning pizza, burgers, fries........nothing fancy, just something for a quick meal in case I'm too tired to cook some nights.) Thanks for any answers and thanks for all of the other great info I've read on this site so far!

We always plan one night on the way back from a park to get the Giddyup and Go and with just the two of us we have lunches for a day or too from the left overs.

Their take out pizza used to be good years ago and we would even get it uncooked take it back to the trailer and cook it later in the evening. However, based on some of the comments over the last couple of years the pizza has taken a serious quality hit or my standards are just not in line with everyone else's. Of course a third and more likely possibility is that the last time we had take out pizza we were too hungry to care and would have eaten ole tennis shoes and thought they were good. :rotfl:

Larry

Welcome to the camping boards !

We're always happy to have fresh meat,, uuhh,, MEMBERS,,fresh members !
Just kidding,,with a name like mine, you cant take me too serious.
We do enjoy fun around here.
Anyways,,WELCOME !

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll spend all day next to a body of water drinking beer.

Their take out pizza used to be good years ago... based on some of the comments over the last couple of years the pizza has taken a serious quality hit or my standards are just not in line with everyone else's.

Had the pizza once a couple of weeks ago - it was ok, a bit undercooked, but tasty. Certainly not the best pizza I've ever had, but like you said, when you're hungry... ;)

I think it was actually better warmed over the next a.m. when DH put a fried egg on it. Yummmm!

I had lunch at the Contempo Cafe during my last trip. Excellent!!!!!

Thanks again, everyone, for such great information. We are getting excited........I just hope we all survive the drive!

Our previous stay at the fort we did do the white meat chicken takeout with the fries and biscuits. Very good and enough for the next day.

Jim

Unfortunately the selections at the Fort itself are pretty limited. You can go to the Wilderness Lodge for a burger. We found ourselves going to the food courts at the moderate resorts for quick bites. The Caribbean Beach Resort food court is a favorite of ours..along with the one at the Port Orleans Riverside. Our last trip we also had a nice lunch..at Olivia's (at the Key West resort) it wasn't self serve..but was quick and had a good menu.

Not sure what you have for cooking facilities, but both the Meadows Trading Post and Settlement have frozen items, like pizza and microwave meals. There also fresh fruit, yogurt, milk, beeerrrr, and various other goodies. It would be easy to through a meal together via a microwave.
Just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter