Take me back to our Happy Place - a July 2020 PTR * BRIEF update 5/27*

I was taken a tad by surprise because I really did think they'd open by the 4th :( But 3/4 of us are looking forward to getting away in just over a week anyway! (can you guess who isn't lol)
:confused3you not feeling excited then!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Aw thank you, she is getting more and more independent and tires me out at the end of the day, but I love it :love:
I love when they are just starting to gain their independence and properly developed their wee personalities. Such a fun stage! Even better that as grandparents we get all the joy and none of the sleepless nights!

Hi Everyone! Kari here on behalf of Ariane. She wanted me to let everyone know she was having some issues with her account so she hasn’t been on lately. Hopefully it will all be remedied soon and we can all hear more about her now late July trip and her September one too. Oh yeah and Universal this month. I think she may have an Orlando problem 😄

Well in an effort to keep Ariane’s report lively I will share something with you all! Earlier there was talk of Nellie Olsen’s perfectly pristine ringlets and I mentioned the agonies I endured as child ( the pain endures people) on a Saturday night so I’d be sitting pretty in chapel on Sunday. Ariane wanted photographic evidence. I know it exists because I remember a photo of me in pride of place in my Godmother’s living room ( my auntie Norah loved me and I her - if you were able to see that photo of me with ringlets and freckles galore you’d know just how much she loved me:rotfl:). Well let me tell you when you’re child number 3 apparently you parents FORGET to keep a copy of photos or in fact take many photos of you at all :scared1: I have looked but to no avail ( you’re all devastated I’m sure🤣).
I’m choosing to believe that although I wasn’t the firstborn ( sun shines outta their backside ) eldest son, or second born (mummy’s little precious princess) eldest daughter, but the third born ( tree climbing, cribby playing, hide and go seek street champion) youngest child that my parents stopped having kids when they reached perfection! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
There are less photos because they were in fact in awe of their achievement at finally making me! It is if course entirely possible that they were just too blimin knackered with 3 kids to enjoy to take photos of my ringletted hair but we won’t dwell on this fact. I will exonerate my lovely parents by saying I did find various photographic evidence of my childhood just not that photo. Aw well you’ll just have to imagine a brunette Nellie with freckles and cheeky smile. 😔
Hope everyone is safe and well and I’m sure I’m not alone in hoping Ariane gets back to and running ASAP so that no one has to endure any more faff from me :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Last edited:
you’re child number 3 apparently you parents FORGET to keep a copy of photos or in fact take many photos of you at all
Mother of 3 here-I am so guilty of this! Firstborn has 3 inch thick baby book lovingly done scrapbook style. 2nd child has baby book, 1/2 as thick, I think I may have gotten to 9 months with the 3rd-and half of that is stuff just shoved between pages :scared1:

Mother of 3 here-I am so guilty of this! Firstborn has 3 inch thick baby book lovingly done scrapbook style. 2nd child has baby book, 1/2 as thick, I think I may have gotten to 9 months with the 3rd-and half of that is stuff just shoved between pages :scared1:
I am also a mum to 3 so I’m guilty of it too lol when I think how fussy I was with the first- sterilising the life out of every thing she practically touched and by the 3rd it was “ seems clean enough- no muck on it- be grand “. All still alive and well so we did good I reckon! :rotfl: :thumbsup2

Oh I DO want to see pictures
Not quite the photo I was thinking of but was looking for something else and came across my “Nelliesque ringlets” so thought I’d give you a laugh. God that dress is something else! Certainly wouldn’t lose me in a crowd 🤣🤣9D162CBD-A056-4035-9CD9-03ECE7CBC72B.jpeg

You need a butter churn in that photo!

(okay... that's a pretty adorbs photo. :))
You need a butter churn in that photo!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I actually remember us making butter using a churn in school but only as part of our history lesson.
That was my Sunday best dress worn specially for school photo day.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter