~~~Tactfully asking an owner for info. to check up on them????

loveysbydesign

I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream
How does one go about asking an owner for personal info. to check up on them and make sure they are indeed the owner of the place they're renting out and it's not in foreclosure or anything??? :confused3

I've never really asked them for any information. Through e-mail, I have their names. I know the community information through www.vrbo.com. Using those two pieces of information and the appraiser web sites, I can usually find their home.

I always check the public tax records for the county the house is located in to be sure they indeed own the home and have paid their taxes. Once I see that, it gives me a little assurance that they truly own the home.

This is an interesting question. As a homeowner, I would not be offended being asked to provide ownership verification, but what kind of verification would assure a prospective renter? I've rented many homes in the past and don't really know what I would have asked for to ensure that they were the true home owners.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter