TA Seas

JTN2005

Mouseketeer
We are booked on the EB T/A. We have cruised 1 time before last winter(Jan 09) in the Caribbean. I know weather is hard to predict, the local weatherman even has problems:eek: But in general, for anyone who has done a crossing before, any advice on what to expect. We are on deck 6 forward. Should we try to changeto a different stateroom.

Thanks in advance this forum is great.:)

Here's a post from a different travel site:

If your route is through the southern Atlantic into southern Europe, it should be uneventful. We've sailed across towards madeira twice in April and have had extremely calm seas, some days like glass. The transatlantic crossing on the QM2 which traverses the north Atlantic are a different story though. Those seas can definitely be an adventure. Of course this is not a guarantee that the weather this year will be similar to previous years (for example the current blizzards in the northeast), but generally the seas crossing from Florida to Portugal should be relatively calm at that time of year.

The previous Magic crossing had some rough days and I know that's got us all worried.

We are booked on the EB T/A. We have cruised 1 time before last winter(Jan 09) in the Caribbean. I know weather is hard to predict, the local weatherman even has problems:eek: But in general, for anyone who has done a crossing before, any advice on what to expect. We are on deck 6 forward. Should we try to changeto a different stateroom.

Thanks in advance this forum is great.:)

April in the Atlantic can be rough...as evidenced by the last TA. The EBTA was more rough than the WBTA. No one can predict but I would assume since the Atlantic is more rough than the Caribbean in general, that you will not have completely calm seas.

MJ

Thanks to everyone...........is my stateroom location bad? 6510

You're up front with me! My cruise mate is also worried about our location and the possibility of rough seas, and we may look to move more towards mid-ship (waiting till the GTY's are all asigned).

TRADITIONALLY our crossing is supposed to have decent seas (as researched from folks who have done multiple April crossings), but you can never predict the weather as evidenced by the previous Magic crossing.

Thank you very much Maybe we will meet on the cruise we have a 4yr old boy. Thanks again

Thank you very much Maybe we will meet on the cruise we have 1 4yr old boy. Thanks again

We are also on Deck 6 Forward but aren't too worried. We'll just keep our fingers crossed and roll with whatever comes along.

BTW, we also have a 14yo son. Perhaps they will meet on board.

We were on the EB 2007. Yes, the seas were very rough. Though they got much better about half-way through the sailing. The first 7 days were probably the roughest with swells hitting 20+ feet. Our deck 2 portholes were hit with waves constantly.

Some deck parties were cancelled and the pools were closed a lot.

It seems once we got closer to the Med. sea, the water got much calmer.

I would expect the same since you are travelling even earlier.

It was fun though. Don't worry...it comes with sailing the seas!!
At least we sailed a beautiful ship with stablizers, radar, etc...plus good food and fun.

I kept thinking what it was like for my great grandparents to sail this ocean a hundred years ago. They had no comforts like we have!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter