TA, or do it yourself?

Gina

Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
This is making me nuts. Now I remember why I always book our Disney trips myself! I thought I would try one of the "recommended" travel agencies this time, because I thought it would be nice to have *them* be on the constant lookout for discount codes... But I have been sitting around all the dang day, waiting for this agent to email me back so I can book it. I could have just called Disney and booked early this morning. Grrrrr...

For those of you who always do it yourselves, do you find out about codes quick enough? I know I've always seen codes here on the DIS when they come out, so is there ANY benefit to waiting to book with a travel agent??

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

-gina-

Using a TA should be all about service, to me without the added attention and service there isn't a point. I've subscribed to the November codes thread to be on the look out for any codes for our upcoming trip, also the RSS feed from the boards is a great way to not miss anything important. Without that I wouldn't have found our $117 airfare to Orlando. :cool1:

Thanks for your input! Okay, stupid question time... but one I have wanted to ask for the longest, and just never remember. How does an RSS feed work?? :) If I know I can find out about any codes that are offered quickly, I will be happy to just book the trip straight through Disney like always!

-gina-

10 trips and this is my first time to use a TA. If you enjoy planning your own trip then i say do it yourself, Its hard giving up cotrol and waiting sometimes a week for an email response. I realize they are busy and im not there only client.
Ill do it myself next time.

I think people are posting codes soon enough on this web site but mousesavers.com updates there site daily with what ever disocutns they can find, I think they are very quick. I am a Florida resident and and Annual Passholder so that helps sometimes. I called reservations three times to get some information before I booked and the CMs were great and helpful each time. I feel much better booking all my trips myself to ensure I get the best rate possible.

Waiting for the agent to email me back was making me nutso, so I went ahead and booked direct with Disney. I hated the idea of giving up control anyway, and I like being able to talk to someone at Disney if I need to -- especially since we have a lot of special-needs requests attached to our ressie. (Blind father and guide dog, both WDW vets. :) )

The DIS and Mousesavers both have never let me down before code-wise, and I'm sure this time will be no different. :)

Thanks for letting me vent earlier, and for your input!

-gina-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter