T-Rex Restaurant? Mixed Reviews??

We had lunch at T-Rex last summer and the food was great! Much better than RFC (IMO), even though they are similarly priced and part of the same chain.

As PP noted you will get all kinds of opinions here. If it's something you'd like to try, I say go for it and don't let others' experiences sway you too much!

I had dinner there with 2 other adults and enjoyed it. The food was good, if a bit overpriced, and the atmosphere is fun and unique. Yes, it can be loud and overstimulating, so just be prepared for that. I think most kids and kids-at-heart will enjoy it, though.

We have 3 boys aged 7,7,10
We tried it for the 1st time in October and loved it so much we went back another 2 times in the 3weeks we was there,
We thought the food was really good, great choices for kids and adults! I had the ribs and they was excellent my Dm had the seafood combo DH had the steak and the kids got the mess o bones and loved them!

We thought although yes there is some noise ( always going to be when there are kids involved) it was not so much we couldn't deal with it, atmosphere more then makes up for my noise!!
We got to sit in the ice cave that changes colour when the meteor storm happens and my boys thought it was the coolest thing ever, lol also say in the under sea area which was lovely too,
It was nice to elk the boys around while waiting for food to take pics and look at the dinosaurs.

We are people who enjoy Disney dining and often eat signatures like Narcoosess and citrocus plus TS places like Sci-fi and coral reef so we enjoy good food but also love places that are different and have great atmospheres for the kids and this place won us over, we didn't try it for years due to such bad reviews and I really regret that it took us so long to try it out.

Yes, it's loud and noisy, but we love it. They have a chicken sandwich wrapped in fried pizza dough that is one of my favorite WDW foods.

We don't do the DDP so we let each family member pick one table service restaurant per trip. This year my son and I both picked T-Rex. :goodvibes

My kids LOOOOOOOOOOVE T-Rex. ...and I admit that I kinda like it too. I've never seen a more completely decorated restaurant.

It is loud in there, though. If that bothers you, be warned.

I think it's the sort of place you have to try once, at least...

There was six of us and no one enjoyed it, after 5 minutes of the atmosphere all my niece could talk about was going out to build a dino, she is in the build a bear phase so this really interested her, not the restaurant. Our food was horrible, will not be back, over priced and soooo loud. Just not a pleasant experience over all.

I dined there as a solo with no kids and found it enjoyable. I love dinosaurs and was seated right next to one, near the giant jellyfish. The food was good, although it was very loud (I was also there on a Saturday night and it was PACKED). I would probably do it again, but maybe during the week and for lunch.

We went last April and my son had just turned 6. He LOVES LOVES LOVES dinosaurs...but was under the table crying when the first meteor shower went off and the dinos started moving around. We had to move to the fish section. He winced everytime it went off and by the end of the meal started getting used to it. I think the problem was that we rode the Dinosaur ride at AK the day before and it scared the crap out of him so anything dinosaur freaked him out that week. It is loud but we thought the food was good.

If you do decide to go...Build A Bear is in the gift shop but is called Build A Dino...my kids loved doing that. They had gotten Build A Bear gift cards for xmas and saved them to use here. It is pricey but was fun and a cool souvenir.

I vote for eating there!!

Going to Downtown Disney and was having a Hard time Trying to Figure out where to Eat. This is my 1st Trip with my Kids and want to try and Cater to them as much as Possible, but when it comes to Eating, I want to make sure myself and husband have a Good meal because Simply the Kids don't care what they Eat!! I was going to make Reservations at T-Rex but now Getting Mixed Reviews and Don't know what to do now. I hear its Too Loud and Frightening for Some. I heard the Food is Just ok. I like a lot of the Menu choices and the atmosphere looked Really Neat. I do see its a Bit Pricey but nothing out of the Ordinary!
Would this be a Place you would go to Enjoy a Meal or is this something that is Just ok, not too Thrilling???
If you had to Eat at Downtown Disney(Kids in mind) Where would you Go??
Ughh the Decisions!! LOL :crazy2:

We were a group of 22 people. And while T-Rex specifically makes reserving for this many people a real hassle, we ALL really enjoyed the restaurant and the food.

We have eaten at T-Rex and everyone in my family thought the food was great. Actually on the October 2012 trip the guys had steak EVERY NIGHT of our trip and DH said the best steak he had the whole week was the T-Bone at T-Rex.

The Waffle fries are amazing. I have never had them before and I couldn't get enough of them.

If you like Ice Cream sandwiches they have a dessert you will love 4 out of the 5 of us got it. It's called Ice Age Indulgence and it is layers of Ice Cream sandwiches with crushed Toffee and Chocolate syrup on top. It was really good.

We were seated in the ice cave and it was dark. The colors change but the color mostly stays blue and everything looks blue and is dark.

It is very loud and it is a big restaurant so don't go in there starving or in a hurry because it is a slow meal there. Or at least it was for us. From the time we checked in until the time we paid the bill and left was 2 hours. I don't know if they were just slow that night or if that is how it is every night. We ordered our food and it came 50 minutes later. I have never had service that slow. But then you have to think that kitchen is cooking for 300 other people too.

I would try it once. If it is not to your liking you don't have to ever go back.

I didn't find T-Rex any more pricey than any other Disney place. There were 5 of us and we had a TS meal every night and every single meal we had came out to $200. No more or less expensive than anywhere else.

We have eaten at T-Rex and everyone in my family thought the food was great. Actually on the October 2012 trip the guys had steak EVERY NIGHT of our trip and DH said the best steak he had the whole week was the T-Bone at T-Rex.

The Waffle fries are amazing. I have never had them before and I couldn't get enough of them.

If you like Ice Cream sandwiches they have a dessert you will love 4 out of the 5 of us got it. It's called Ice Age Indulgence and it is layers of Ice Cream sandwiches with crushed Toffee and Chocolate syrup on top. It was really good.

We were seated in the ice cave and it was dark. The colors change but the color mostly stays blue and everything looks blue and is dark.

It is very loud and it is a big restaurant so don't go in there starving or in a hurry because it is a slow meal there. Or at least it was for us. From the time we checked in until the time we paid the bill and left was 2 hours. I don't know if they were just slow that night or if that is how it is every night. We ordered our food and it came 50 minutes later. I have never had service that slow. But then you have to think that kitchen is cooking for 300 other people too.

I would try it once. If it is not to your liking you don't have to ever go back.

I didn't find T-Rex any more pricey than any other Disney place. There were 5 of us and we had a TS meal every night and every single meal we had came out to $200. No more or less expensive than anywhere else.

We've been several times & never received service that slow. It appears you hit a night with unusual circumstances. Our meals have never been longer than other non-signature meals.

ITA on the pricey remarks. I really don't think it would be pricey for the amount of food you receive, if it wasn't at DTD. Maybe, it's because we live in a city where decent food is never cheap. :confused3 We think it's priced comparatively to all Disney non-signatures, & it's a lot more consistent than many of the Disney run restaurants.

We go to the T-Rex restaurant every time we are in town. I will concur that it is loud and chaotic but that is part of the atmosphere. The food is good and our daughter is a big fan of the meteor shower and the large aquariums. I say try it at least once. :)

We went in December and liked it. It wasn't our favorite meal but we liked it enough to go back! As others have said, it is a slower meal. I think we were there for 1.5 hours. But I think it was server change over time which may have affected our wait.

My DD loves both and she has asked to go back to Rainforest next time we go to Disney. That being said we love going to Build-a-Dino at T-rex.

I went last year, for lunch, with a 13 and 69 year old...we all had a decent meal and enjoyed the decor! It was not crazy loud...I would remember that, and some sections were not even being used. It is a themed restaurant, but fairly solid...the way Disney fast food is way better than Hershey Park food, if that makes sense....It is probably not comparable to V&T, but not Long John Silver's either.;)...They have bar seating if you don't want to fully commit!

We enjoyed it on our last trip. My DFIL had the steak and loved it. He said it was better then other steaks he had the rest of the trip :confused3. I had the flatbread as my app and a burger, both were very tasty. The portions are very large so you could easily share.

I really liked our dinner at T-Rex, not sure if I was surprised or not. We went there more for the dinosaurs as we are still huge fans of them and it would have been a victory if the food was decent but we really liked everything we had. The portions are huge, had I known that I would have skipped the appetizer as I couldn't finish my entree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter