T-Rex/Rainforest Cafe Call-In Reservations Eliminated

jimsanfilippo

Mouseketeer
In the past I have called directly to T-Rex to get a reservation when the Disney Dining system shows they are all booked up. This has worked very well with no problems.

However, in attempting to do the same for the Disney Springs Rainforest Cafe, on 07/17/21 I was informed that Landy's no longer takes over-the-phone reservations and that all of their reservations are now exclusively done through Disney Dining.

There goes another insider dining tip by the wayside...

In the past I have called directly to T-Rex to get a reservation when the Disney Dining system shows they are all booked up. This has worked very well with no problems.

However, in attempting to do the same for the Disney Springs Rainforest Cafe, on 07/17/21 I was informed that Landy's no longer takes over-the-phone reservations and that all of their reservations are now exclusively done through Disney Dining.

There goes another insider dining tip by the wayside...

Do you have a Landrys card? They told me the same thing but when I mentioned I had a card they confirmed the number then gave me a reservation. This happened Thursday 7/15.

Could you try again? I called T-Rex and was told that they don't do call-in reservations, even with my Landry's card. Two weeks later I tried again (at the urging of my friends here on the boards...) and I was able to secure a reservation, the exact day & time I wanted. I can't explain why, just that I got two different answers, two different times. I was so relieved because I hadn't prioritized it on my ADR day, thinking I could easily call later. When I struck out on ADR day, I was then stalking it and had reservation finders, but nothing was opening up. I didn't realize how hard it would be to get a spot there through Disney Dining.

Do you have a Landrys card? They told me the same thing but when I mentioned I had a card they confirmed the number then gave me a reservation. This happened Thursday 7/15.

RFC Disney Springs. We tried to make a reservation for the 3rd or 4th of July over the phone and they said no. Told them we had a Landry card and they profusely apologized that it was still a no. We went in person knowing we might have to wander around a while. Ladies in front of me told 3.5 hour wait. I showed my Landry card and it was a 45 minute wait.

I would imagine that depending on their expected level of busy they may accept reservations some days and not others. I did notice the restaurant was clearly socially distanced with only every other table being used. No one was closer than around 8 feet to us, so capacity is down.

Just found this out this week when I called, and no reservations available online. We just showed up at 11 am this past Monday though ( party of 4). They seated us within 10 minutes.

If you post anything here, 800,000 people immediately know about it.
And yet what would be the use of the card you purchased if you didn’t get a reservation?
Now I don’t have a Landry card but if I did I’d be making big noise if they had my money in hand and didn’t honor the terms of the contract.

As for the 800,000 viewers well they seem to forget/not read tons of everyday query posts so I wouldn’t worry about it and thus give out the info freely.

Interesting. We do this every trip- will be following to see what experiences others are having! Thanks for posting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter