T-Rex cafe in Downtown Disney

crzy4dzny07

Mouseketeer
My friend just visited this new restaurant in Kansas City last week. She said they were opening one in Downtown Disney in Orlando next year. Anybody know when? This place looks cool!

It's owned by the Rainforest Cafe company. It's like Rainforest, but with dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. COOL! :thumbsup2

Here's a video on YouTube. If the link doesn't work, just search for "T-Rex."

Yep, read the press release which said "Spring 2008". But when I emailed the CEO of schussler entertainment, he told me they were still diligently working on the design and were anticipating a Summer 2008 opening. :( ... Made me a bit sad cause I am going to be there SPRING !! :D

I heard summer 2008 as well.

I certainly hope the one at Disney will be better run than the one in Kansas City---we went at 4:30 in the afternoon and weren't seated until 8. The whole time there were tons of empty tables that, from what we witnessed, took on average 45 mins to turn over. :sad2:

momtoaandj--

I have visted the KC T-Rex twice (once when first opened and two weeks ago) and noticed things were running much more smoonthly on my more recent trip. We arrived at 4pm and were seated by 5pm. The hour wait was fine, since it gave the girls plenty of time to explore the dino dig site and shop. On our first visit, we waited for two and a half hours to be seated. For new restaurants, I think it can take a bit to work the kinks out.

I heard summer 2008 as well.

I certainly hope the one at Disney will be better run than the one in Kansas City---we went at 4:30 in the afternoon and weren't seated until 8. The whole time there were tons of empty tables that, from what we witnessed, took on average 45 mins to turn over. :sad2:

OMG! That's unreal! I've never had to wait that long anywhere - but recently did wait 2 hours - after an hour we kept talking about leaving, but after having that much wait time invested who wants to go somewhere else, right? Especially if it might be any minute - but 3.5 hours? Wow!

Which location in Downtown Disney is the T-Rex Cafe going to open at? I can't see it being in Marketplace with the Rainforest Cafe being there, so has anyone heard where it will be?

oooohhhh, I just saw on their menu that they have fried dill pickles. you have not lived until you have some of these.

Just returned from a day trip, and there is absolutley no sign of any construction having been started at this time. We ate lunch at Fultons, and the manager there said that it was definetley going up, but had been delayed for reasons unknown to him.

Agree, for all the hoopla and when it is going to open there is NOTHING being done as far as constructing the building or even prepping the area. :confused3
I even happened to ask one of the CMs at the DVC booth recently when the construction was going to start, since the booth is right next to where the building is rumored to be opening next year. :laughing:
I could not help but wonder if the CM never even heard the rumor but was trying not to sound surprised. That was the impression I got.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter