Symphony Cupcake Class - kids?

cel_disney

DIS Veteran
When we went on Liberty of the Seas in 2017, they had amazing kids cupcake classes. The kids made 3 cupcakes with fun designs and decorations, it was completely geared to the younger set (my daughter was 6) and I think it was $22 for each class.

Fast forward to now...we are heading on Symphony in April. It looks like Cupcake Class is really different on symphony? Does anyone have experience with it? Looks to be a single class - adults and kids are $30 each - and from what I have read they only make 1 Cupcake?

Is there anything specifically for kids onboard? And has anyone ever done it that can say whether it would be too much for an 8.75 year old? It seems they make a pup-cake or a hamburger cake or something like that?

We just did the cupcake class on Anthem and it sounds like what you describe for Symphony...one hamburger-themed cupcake is all we made. Our group was mixed age, with the range being about seven to adult.

My daughter (9) and I did it on the Harmony. It was terrible! Not at all what they advertised (which was cupcake decorating). We made 1 cupcake with a penguin on it. We didn't even take ours with us.

Yeah that doesn't sound great. At $30 that better be the best darn cupcake you've ever had, or it should be liberally covered in gold leaf and truffles. And I don't mean the bonbon truffles.

I wonder how well this sells on Royal. I would love to do a cupcake decorating class, but not for $30. How crazy is that? 2 years ago we did cupcake decorating on the NCL Spirit for FREE. They had different colors of frosting, candies, gummy bears, etc. They even had chef hats for all of us that we could decorate with crayons. It was super fun. I wish Royal would scale theirs back some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter