swords at CRT??

ColinCodyMom

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if they still give boys swords at CRT?? Does this happen anytime your ressie is? I actually was lucky enough to get a ressie this evening for May and I have always wanted to go but haven't because it is just me and the boys. We thought we'd give it a try but I am curious if they give the swords... it would make the boys more comfortable. Our ressies are at 1040am... not sure if that makes a difference. Hope they don't run out. Lol:)

To be completely honest, unless your boys will really enjoy the attention from the princesses, you may want to rethink this reservation. I understand the appeal of eating in the castle, but that is a very expensive meal, especially if you're concerned that your boys will be uncomfortable.

When my youngest brother was 8, my family ate there and he spent the evening running away from Cinderella. My sisters loved the princess interaction(only Cinderella at the time) and me and my brother 3 years younger than I were both teenagers, so we liked the attention from the pretty girl. While that is one of our favorite memories (and the occasional source of teasing my now in his early 20s brother), I don't think it would have been quite so fun if only my sisters enjoyed seeing Cinderella.

Now, if they want to eat in the castle and are just fine with the princess interaction, then go for it and don't worry about it. I don't know if they still give out swords, but you can always buy some cheap ones at Wal-Mart beforehand if they don't. And it's possible that one princess may pay extra special attention to boys with swords since her prince is famous for his swordfighting skills. ;)

Yes, the swords are still given out. And in my opinion I think the atmosphere is cool. When we went in Dec I saw a number of male children in there that seemed fine and enjoyed themselves.

They gave out more of a dagger type to my DS last July. If your 2 DS are anything like my DS, they will have no problem with the character interaction. Especially your older DS. Some boys find it to be great, checking out the princesses. They give the boys attention and aren't that bad looking either. I had DD there too, but DS who was 8 at the time didn't mind it at all.
Eating in the castle is okay to do once, but it is a rather expensive meal and we probably won't be doing it again.

My kids are actually looking forward to eating inside the iconic castle. The swords would help them only because I am sure there will be so many adorable princesses. But I do want to try it once. They always are in awe when we are by the castle so I think it will be okay. The swords will be a nice touch though...

I have all girls, but I LOVE eating in the castle. The breakfast is great!!!! When we go there are always little boys and they are having fun just like the girls. And yes, they still get swords (at least as of November.) Do it for no one else but yourself, mom deserves it!!!

We were there in September and they were still giving out swords. I know that this place is geared more towards girls but my DS (5) loves it! I think this year he enjoyed it more then my DD. We have been there 3 times and have had an enjoyable time each visit.

I can only say, that I love Cinderella and had to eat at the CRT, My DS was 10 at the time we went and he did get a sword and was not jumping up and down but enjoyed the diner and time there.
so go... you deserve it and it is worth itpixiedust:

My kids are actually looking forward to eating inside the iconic castle. The swords would help them only because I am sure there will be so many adorable princesses. But I do want to try it once. They always are in awe when we are by the castle so I think it will be okay. The swords will be a nice touch though...

I wanted to do CRT and "ask"/"told" my DS9 that I want to go and would he indulge me. As it turned out, he really enjoyed it. We laugh because he asked us to just not show his friends the pictures that we took of him with the princesses.

I think you will be fine and enjoy.

I respectfully disagree that boys may feel uncomfortable here. My son dressed as a knight, because his sister dressed as a princess. He received a sword, and many of the princesses gave him extra attention for example, "I am so glad you are here this morning to protect the castle." It was hands down the best part of our trip! Great pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!