Switching Resorts

P&B's Mom

Mouseketeer
We have a ressie for BCV for 8 days, including hopper passes and DDP. We are actually arriving the day before and currently have ressies at DTD DoubleTree. I am considering changing to a moderate, possibly POR for the night. We would need two rooms because there are six of us, so the cost would be double, but thought it might be more convenient in the long-run because we have early ADR at CRT that next morning of BCV check-in.

Couple of questions. If I only book "room-only" at POR, will our keys automatically be updated to BCV, park passes, and DDP or do we still have to go over to BCV in the morning to check-in? Also, will they move our luggage for us? If we use ME from airport, do we all need to be on the bus or can only one of us go with the luggage? (DGF wouldn't mind a little alone time!) We will have a rental car and thought it would be easier to at least us ME for the luggage.

I haven't read anything about this at all and thought DIS would give me the answers I was looking for. Thanks in advance....

We did something similar last year. We had a one night room only at OKW before starting our vacation at CSR.

OKW was only able to give us our keys for our room only night there. We ended up running over to CSR the next morning to go through check in and get our keys to the kingdom.

Since wd had to do this anyway, we brought our own luggage.

I have done both but it has been awhile so someone else may give more reliable information.
The transfer from a Disney hotel is simpler because they will transfer the luggage for you and the cast member at check-in will be able to look and the transfer should go a little more quickly.

When I transferred from a DTD hotel they would not transfer the luggage; when I transferred from the Swan they said they would take our luggage to SSR for free (with a tip) when I called before the reservation but on the day of transfer the bellman (he may have been new) refused to cart the luggage, and only after a complaint did someone agree to do it.

You will have to check-in at the BC on the morning of the transfer either way but I think that it would be a lot easier from a Disney hotel.

If I were you, I would run over to the BCV and check-in while the rest of the family called the bellman and handed over the luggage, then meet at the MK. Disney will make sure that the luggage gets to your room.

Have you thought about staying in one of the family suites at All Star Music? It will be cheaper that two rooms at a moderate. I have a family of six and plan to stay there to kick off our next trip before moving to the VWL.

As to the ME question: I think that the number of people have to match up with the amount of luggage. If you don't get an answer here then post this question on the DVC - Mousellaneous Board towards the bottom of Disboards.

Hope this helps,
Regina

I know now that I will still have to go over to BCV to check-in. Can I have my luggage transferred for me or do I have to take it myself?

Disney will transfer it for you. If there is something you will need in the meantime be sure to keep it out of the luggage that is going to be transferred.

I hope this is my last question. Does it matter if we are all there at POR check-in? I think we will only send one person on ME (renting a car) and then that person can do the checking in while some of us stop off at DTD. Will this work?

I would stay with Disney. They just make it too darn easy to move. Why not try one of the new family suites over at the All-Stars?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter