Switching resorts tomorrow: Uber or no?

bookgirl2632

DIS Veteran
We are switching from Pop to Yacht Club tomorrow. On the one hand, I’d love to have Bell Services transfer our luggage. However, we are at the pool tomorrow and I’d hate to not get our luggage until 5pm or so. We have 6:30 reservations at Yacht Club and we’ll need our luggage for our toiletries and clothes. How likely are we to have to wait until 5pm for our bags? If it’s more the norm that bags are delivered that late, should we just Uber? We have 5 suitcases (3 large, 2 small) and some carryons, so we’d need an Uber XL. What is everyone’s experience with this?

I agree with PP. I would pack small bags (backpack/duffle size) with anything you would need to change for your dinner reservation and transfer the rest. We used Lyft to transfer from Swan to VGF a few weeks ago, but we only had 2 carry-ons and two personal bags. I'm not sure an uber/lyft XL could even transfer all of your luggage, however, I suppose one person could accompany the luggage in the car while the rest of your party takes the Skyliner?

I used Uber XL to switch from BLT to BWV last month. Walked outside of BLT with my luggage at 9:00, the car came quick and I was at BWV at 9:15. It was $15 plus tip.

When I do a split stay again I will use Uber, I didn’t like being without my stuff all day.

Send the big bags with Disney and pack a smaller one with the toiletries and clothes you are concerned about having.

Uber with own luggage Vs. Disney moving luggage. Either way your luggage will be stored and delivered after you are in your room. When you arrive at Yacht Club unless you have early check-in there is little chance you will see your luggage before you have to change for dinner. Because check in is 3:00 you may not recieve your bags promptly ( we once waited until almost 8:00 P.M. before our bags were delivered to our room). As others have posted Let Disney move the bulk and carry what you need to get ready for day at pool and Dinner at Yacht Club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!