Switching points, can this be done......

jo-jo

DIS Veteran
We have a trip planned in Dec at BLT using Dec 2017 points. We are in the planning stage of a trip at the end of April, and have a few BLT points and 200 SSR points left.

I was thinking of booking the studio for 6 nights at BLT using borrowed points. But what if at 7 months we decide to book elsewhere and can use the SSR points? We are forced to use the borrowed points in the 2017 use year.

Can I use the borrowed points for our Dec trip, thus freeing up the 2017 points and then if I don't need to use them, I can still bank them into the next year? Am I making sense?

We have a trip planned in Dec at BLT using Dec 2017 points. We are in the planning stage of a trip at the end of April, and have a few BLT points and 200 SSR points left.

I was thinking of booking the studio for 6 nights at BLT using borrowed points. But what if at 7 months we decide to book elsewhere and can use the SSR points? We are forced to use the borrowed points in the 2017 use year.

Can I use the borrowed points for our Dec trip, thus freeing up the 2017 points and then if I don't need to use them, I can still bank them into the next year? Am I making sense?
You cannot "unborrow points". You should be able to swap the 2018 points for the 2017 points as long as they are the same resort. You can't book BLT at during the home resort time (seven to 11 months out) and change those for non-home resort points at seven months or less. If you booked BLT at seven months or less, you can use any points to swap out.

I was thinking of booking the studio for 6 nights at BLT using borrowed points. But what if at 7 months we decide to book elsewhere and can use the SSR points? We are forced to use
the borrowed points in the 2017 use year.

Yes, as long as you make the switch at least 31 days prior to check in to BLT in December otherwise the points that were freed up would go into holding. So as long as you do it before that you could have MS reallocate to use the borrowed 2018 BLT points and free up the 2017 points for you to bank into the 2018 UY.

Thank you for the help.

My thinking is the Dec trip is a sure thing (unless our house fall down or something major). And IF we had to cancel that trip, we still would have almost 12 months to use those points.

The late April trip is still being figured out. I only have enough points for one studio at BLT. We are not sure how we are going to end up booking. This past trip we did 2 studios at BLT for 5 days and then a 2 bedroom at Kidani. Not enough points to do that again. If for some reason, we decided we'd rather do a 2 bedroom at SSR rather than split up, I don't want to have to use BLT points to book at SSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter