Switch to CCV or stay put at AK?

quandrea

DIS Veteran
I'm booked at AK for four nights in January. Would it be good to switch to CCV at seven months for the experience of a new resort? How does transportation compare between CCV and AK?

Following the four night stay with friends, dh is joining us for twelve nights, also at AK, so it would mean a split stay. Technically AK is also a split stay as we are going from a two bedroom into a one bedroom.

How has booking at seven months been at CCV?

CCV is the only DVC resort we have not stayed at, so we definitely took advantage of the 7 month window to book a cabin in December. Personally, I would try to stay there.

The temptation to go new is extremely high (and I admit I am overcome by it -- we have a 2BR booked at BWV boardwalk view in January but are seriously considering a switch to CCV). My question would be what type room do you have now and have you stayed at AKV before. If you have never stayed at AKV, then for you it is still new and you may want to stick with it (it is one of my favorites), particularly if you have a studio other than a value studio -- the CCV studios are going to be smaller than the AKV savanna or standard studios, probably closer in size to BLT studios.

We have found bus transportation at AKV to be usually better than most and you do not share with another resort. Wilderness Lodge resort shares with Contemporary for the buses and trips are not really any faster than AKV. However, it does have the pleasant boat ride to MK.

The temptation to go new is extremely high (and I admit I am overcome by it -- we have a 2BR booked at BWV boardwalk view in January but are seriously considering a switch to CCV). My question would be what type room do you have now and have you stayed at AKV before. If you have never stayed at AKV, then for you it is still new and you may want to stick with it (it is one of my favorites), particularly if you have a studio other than a value studio -- the CCV studios are going to be smaller than the AKV savanna or standard studios, probably closer in size to BLT studios.

We have found bus transportation at AKV to be usually better than most and you do not share with another resort. Wilderness Lodge resort shares with Contemporary for the buses and trips are not really any faster than AKV. However, it does have the pleasant boat ride to MK.
AK is our home resort so we've stayed there maybe forty times. We are in a one bedroom. At CCV we would need a two bedroom. You are so right about the temptation of a new resort.

We had originally had a 1 bedroom at VWL for the stay with 3 people. Once I decided on the cabin, we now have a total of 6, so I am using more points for my December stay. I love the WL, and the surrounding area, and now they have redesigned it, and I want to experience this first hand.

I do like it that at CC we can book a studio with a shower stall. I prefer to use a shower stall for showers, rather than stand in a tub.

We're booked at VWL (Boulder Ridge), which is our home resort, in a 2 bdrm and a studio early Dec. I tried at 9:00 am seventh month window to switch to CC with no luck. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they release more inventory over the next few months and we're still able to make the switch.

If you are going to still have 12 nights at AK anyway, I would definitely try to make the switch for the 4 nights.

I'm booked at AK for four nights in January. Would it be good to switch to CCV at seven months for the experience of a new resort? How does transportation compare between CCV and AK?

Following the four night stay with friends, dh is joining us for twelve nights, also at AK, so it would mean a split stay. Technically AK is also a split stay as we are going from a two bedroom into a one bedroom.

How has booking at seven months been at CCV?
I'd try an stay at a new resort if possible...Even with AKL ( Our fav. Resort ) ressies.... But that's just me.:confused3

I'd try an stay at a new resort if possible...Even with AKL ( Our fav. Resort ) ressies.... But that's just me.:confused3
I think I agree. We will see if it's bookable at the seven month mark. CCV looks to be filling quickly.

I think I agree. We will see if it's bookable at the seven month mark. CCV looks to be filling quickly.
Also the theming and stuff is really intricate, and very appealing to us....It's not just a cookie cutter.... Either way, Good Luck trying to grab it, & have a great trip!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter