Swimming, towels and other odd questions

jillrobinson

DIS Veteran
I have promised the boys we will make us of the pools next trip, so far we've never made it to a pool even when we've taken our cossies with us.

I was thinking about this the other night and

1) Can we hire towels - staying at Sequoia Lodge and Travel Explorers :confused3
2) How on earth do you dry out your costumes :scratchin
3) I'm sure I read somewhere that Bermuda type shorts are frowned on for men, do I have to tell the boys they have to wear speedos :rotfl2:
4) OH doesn't do swimming is it acceptable and is there anywhere at either hotel even to sit closeby and :coffee:

As always thanks in advance :goodvibes

Don't know all the answers, but...

I have promised the boys we will make us of the pools next trip, so far we've never made it to a pool even when we've taken our cossies with us.

I was thinking about this the other night and

1) Can we hire towels - staying at Sequoia Lodge and Travel Explorers :confused3
At HNY you get towels at the pool. But I guess all hotels are the same.
2) How on earth do you dry out your costumes :scratchin
I just hang them instead of towels in bathroom. They get dry until next evening swim :rotfl:
3) I'm sure I read somewhere that Bermuda type shorts are frowned on for men, do I have to tell the boys they have to wear speedos :rotfl2:

4) OH doesn't do swimming is it acceptable and is there anywhere at either hotel even to sit closeby and :coffee:

As always thanks in advance :goodvibes

I think this is just French public pools....at least it's never been an issue for us at the Exporers or DCR pools :thumbsup2

At SL you hire towels at the pool. There are loungers at the side of the pool where you can sit, but would probably need to change to go there (or at least be bare foot). Not sure about coffee. I think they have one of those swimming costume whizzy ringer things in the changing rooms! Then you can dry them off in the bathroom.:surfweb:

we have used the swimming pools twice at DLP. Once was at the Explorers - we just took our hotel towels down to the pool with us in the same bag as our costumes. We hung our costumes up on the shower rail when we got back to our room and they were dry by the next day. I'd do the same at the Sequoia Lodge.

The information guide given by the Explorers hotel says that you're not allowed to use hotel towels and have to hire them, but I think it depends on the staff member on duty because people were using hotel towels when we were there. The guide also said that swimming shorts weren't allowed but most boys and men were wearing them in the pool so they don't enforce that rule.

On 2 trips we used the pool at SL and both times used the hotel towels and hung our costumes to dry in the bathroom.
I've seen men and boys wearing bermudas so that's no problem.
Nowhere to sit other than the loungers at the side of the pool but that should be ok?

We just stayed at sequoia lodge and we took our toon towels with us but decided to hire them as we wanted clean towels for our shower later on. When we went to give the man our money (1 € per towel) he waved our money away and gave them us for free. Not sure if that is normal or if he was just very kind!
My husband wore long shorts in the pool and nothing was said.
I got changed back into my clothes first and sat on the loungers in my outdoor clothes and nothing was said but the only problem would be you have to take your shoes off as you have to walk through a water bath to get to the loungers.
We were in a Montana room and had a retractable drying line in the bathroom over the bath which I hung our swimsuits on to dry.
Hope that helps! XxX

You (or your DH) can easily sit and watch while enjoying a drink at the Explorers as the pool has large windows all round and the bar/play area/sitting area etc is just outside it

You (or your DH) can easily sit and watch while enjoying a drink at the Explorers as the pool has large windows all round and the bar/play area/sitting area etc is just outside it

There we are the magic word, he'll be happy sitting there! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter