Swimming right now?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by ewerstruly, Dec 14, 2012.

1. ewerstruly

ewerstruly DIS Veteran

Are people swimming at the resorts now? We have never been in December. Thanks!

2. DisneyFreaksx4

DisneyFreaksx4 Earning My Ears

We were there last week and people were swimming. The weather was beautiful and warm in the daytime. Just a light jacket needed at night.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. ewerstruly

ewerstruly DIS Veteran

5. Carlyluvsdisney

Carlyluvsdisney Mouseketeer

We stayed at POR last week and a lot of people were swimming. We went to the quiet pool in the afternoon and there a bunch of people swimming. The weather was in the low 80's during the day. We went to the main pool in the evening and my daughter and I swam while dh went in the hot tub. The pool is heated and it feels like bath water. It's when you get out of the pool that you may be a little cold.

6. OnTheMoon

OnTheMoon Earning My Ears

Having lived in Florida, I thought those people who came here in the winter and went swimming were crazy!

Last January when I flew to Florida for the first time in 10 years from NH, my kids couldn't wait to get into the pool. The last day we were there, it was a bit nippy - but they still wanted to go swimming.

We're going back this January - and planning on visiting the pool if the weather is reasonable.

7. Goofy4

Goofy4 DIS Veteran

Last January there were people swimming in 45 degree weather. Steam coming off the water and all!

8. jollygreengirl

jollygreengirl Mouseketeer

We were there last weekend and swam every day. This time of year, it's just going to depend on weather day by day. Bring a suit just in case!

9. anhflynn

anhflynn Earning My Ears

We just returned home Thursday from SSR and went swimming while we were there. Very strange for this Carolina girl!

10. vanillarum

vanillarum DIS Veteran

We were there last year the first week in Dec and then again the 2nd week in Jan, and we swam both times. In Jan it was a little chillier at night, but great during the day. I did not pack long pants for either trip and was not disappointed. Good luck.