Swimming in December

danielle916

ToniAnn, Paul, Nicole and Joseph's mom
can anyone tell me....can you use the hotel pools in december?
I am most likely going to stay at the Poly....and i was just curious if the pools are open....TIA!!:goodvibes

We went in January and used the heated pools, it was plenty warm as long as the sun was still out!

They seem to refurbish a lot of the pools in the winter, but as long as the pool isn't being refurbished, it's open.

We went in early December last year and we used the pool a couple of days. In the daytime, it was really nice. In the evening, it was kind of chilly.

They seem to refurbish a lot of the pools in the winter, but as long as the pool isn't being refurbished, it's open.

We went in early December last year and we used the pool a couple of days. In the daytime, it was really nice. In the evening, it was kind of chilly.

do they usually put out a list of pools that will be refurbished?:confused:

It's usually listed with the other "rehab/refurbishment" lists -- either here or in the Mousesavers newsletter. I don't think I've seen an "upcoming closures" list that goes all the way out till December yet though.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm

If your resort has more than one pool, they probably won't close all the pools at the resort though. If they close the "feature pool," you can still swim at the quiet pools, etc. Or they'll open another resort's pool to guests staying at the hotel where the pool is closed.

I always LOVE this question....brings back memory of our trip to AKL in December and the lifeguards were in "snowsuit" looking outfits while people were SWIMMING! Too Funny!! :rotfl2:
Maybe everyone swimming was from up north as it was NOT too cold to swim, we did it!
HAVE A GREAT TRIP

The only downside of the Poly is that it doesn't have a hot tub, so that if the weather is chilly, there is no other "warm" option. The last few times that we went in January, it wasn't THAT cold for air temps. but the "heated" pools didn't feel so heated, so we went to the hot tubs for a little while.
My kids will do anything to swim in the winter!

I also just realized you were specifically asking about the Poly. I've never stayed there before so I'm not that familiar with the Poly. But I found on one site that the "Nanea Volcano Pool" was closed in February/March for rehab, so I think it'd be unlikely that they'd close it again 10 months later. (While it was closed, the Poly's "leisure pool" was still open... and Poly guests were allowed to use the Beach pool complex at the GF.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!