"Swimming" at Castaway Cay

LSUfan4444

DIS Veteran
I am looking for an option to get in about 45 minutes to an hour of just open water swimming. Is this feasible with multiple laps in the snorkeling lagoon?

If it isn't an option, are the waters over at Serenity Bay open for me to swim or are they shared with jet skiis and the like?

Untitled2.jpg

Your plan should work. The adult beach would have the jet skis if you were to get too far.

The picture you show I am pretty sure is not possible with how they have the different areas roped off. You may be able to swim in the snorkel area, but the lifeguards may chase you out if you aren't wearing snorkeling gear.

You should be able to swim just fine at Serenity Bay. Never seen jet skis there anywhere close to the shore.

The water is pretty shallow and when you get farther out it gets kind of weedy. Also, the water can sometimes be packed with people.

Each time I've been to Serenity beach, I have seen people who appear to be doing what you're suggesting, swimming laps. The jet skis will not be an issue.

Hello fellow Ironman! I work on the ship so I'm VERY familiar with IM training while on the ship and on CC. I wouldn't go to the snorkel area on the family beach. The lifeguards will make you keep a flotation device with you.

I have always gone to Serenity. The buoy is either 250 meters or 250 yards, I can't remember which one.

When are you cruising? Maybe we can get in a workout!

I'm on the sandbar in Serenity Bay. The water only got a between my knees and waist as I walked out here. (note: sea floor conditions change all of the time) THis was a few years ago.

So to get into deep enough water you will have to go out a bit farther.

P1130386.JPG

I'm on the sandbar in Serenity Bay. The water only got a between my knees and waist as I walked out here. (note: sea floor conditions change all of the time) THis was a few years ago.

It's how it was either of the 2 times I have been recently. Could have been low tide?

Hello fellow Ironman! I work on the ship so I'm VERY familiar with IM training while on the ship and on CC. I wouldn't go to the snorkel area on the family beach. The lifeguards will make you keep a flotation device with you.

I have always gone to Serenity. The buoy is either 250 meters or 250 yards, I can't remember which one.

When are you cruising? Maybe we can get in a workout!

I'll be sailing on the Fantasy next June. I plan on hitting a few spin classes for sure, quite a few treadmill runs but nothing relaxes me like an open water swim.

P1130386.JPG

Looks like it's plenty deep enough between the sandbar and shore. I plan on swimming along the shore line, not necessarily away from the shore.

As long as you only need about 3-3.5 feet deep to swim, you should be fine between shore and the sandbar, about 15 yards from the sandbar towards the shore seemed the deepest to me. I know that if it had not been for so many people when we were on SB, that I could have swam going along this area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter