SWGE Toy Story entrance opening time tracking

VeronicaZS

DIS Veteran
I am trying to plan out my HS day and it would be so helpful to know when they typically open the entrance into SWGE from Toy Story Land. I read on Josh's blog that they seem to be consistently opening it after noon but I am most curious about morning access. TIA

It's open from park opening. Star wars land is actually busier/more crowded than galaxies edge. It's coz toy story land is all bright and attractive for the kids/families with loads of photo opportunities for the Instagram crowd. Where galaxies is dull with just the falcon being a quick photo op and the ride only ok if pilot. If you ain't got fast passes do slinky 1st then toy story mania then rockin roller coaster then tower of terror, star tours, some shows then go to star wars land after lunch the que for the ride will be under 40mins by then. The other rides have longer ques partly because they have fast passes and because they are better rides, you are best using the quieter time in morning to get them done

It's open from park opening. Star wars land is actually busier/more crowded than galaxies edge. It's coz toy story land is all bright and attractive for the kids/families with loads of photo opportunities for the Instagram crowd. Where galaxies is dull with just the falcon being a quick photo op and the ride only ok if pilot. If you ain't got fast passes do slinky 1st then toy story mania then rockin roller coaster then tower of terror, star tours, some shows then go to star wars land after lunch the que for the ride will be under 40mins by then. The other rides have longer ques partly because they have fast passes and because they are better rides, you are best using the quieter time in morning to get them done
I think you're confused on a lot of things, and you aren't actually addressing any of their concerns. Galaxies Edge IS the Star Wars land. The ride that's open is called Smugglers Run. As for what the OP is referring to, there's a path that leads from Galaxies Edge to Toy Story Land, but for portions of the morning it's only an exit from Galaxies Edge; you can't enter that way from Toy Story Land. The question then is when does it become an entrance as well. I don't have that answer unfortunately, but I believe that is what the OP is trying to figure out.

It seems to be closed only right at opening to prevent people reaching SR from two directions. They may close it off temporarily at regular park opening too.

I think you're confused on a lot of things, and you aren't actually addressing any of their concerns. Galaxies Edge IS the Star Wars land. The ride that's open is called Smugglers Run. As for what the OP is referring to, there's a path that leads from Galaxies Edge to Toy Story Land, but for portions of the morning it's only an exit from Galaxies Edge; you can't enter that way from Toy Story Land. The question then is when does it become an entrance as well. I don't have that answer unfortunately, but I believe that is what the OP is trying to figure out.
Yes, thank you. This is what I am trying to figure out. I am working on my touring plan and was wondering if I needed to factor in 15 min to walk out of TSL and loop around to SWGE. I hope the trend continues to open that entrance soon after park opening.

I’m curious about this too. I got a SDD FP for 11am, and I want to head to lunch at DB7 after. So I am hoping it’s open as an entrance by 11 am. But I haven’t heard much about when.

Here is my families touring plan from Thursday October 3rd. If you are going to HS while the park is still offering the 6-9 am EEMH I would HIGHLY recommend hitting Toy Story Land first at 6:00 am and then head over the SWGE.

6:00 am – Entered Disney’s Hollywood Studios
6:20 am – Slinky Dog Dash (5 Minute Wait)
6:30 am – Alien Swirling Saucers (Walk on)
6:40 am – Toy Story Mania (Walk on)
7:25 am – Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (20 Minute Wait)
7:35 am – Oga’s Cantina (Breakfast & Drinks)
8:25 am – Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (Walk on)
9:10 am – The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (Temporarily Closed for 25 Minutes)
9:30 am – Star Tours – The Adventures Continue (5 Minute Wait)
10:30 am – Frozen Sing-a-long Celebration
11:55 am - Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (30 Minute Wait)
12:40 pm – Muppet Vision 3D
1:05 pm – Star Tours – The Adventures Continue (Fast Pass+)
1:40 pm – Lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater Restaurant
2:55 pm – Met Cast Member - Kyle Pallo (Disney Youtube Vlogger)
3:00 pm – Return to Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
7:00 pm – Re-Entered Disney’s Hollywood Studios
7:15 pm – The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (Fast Pass+)
7:50 pm – Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith (25 Minute Wait)
8:35 pm – Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (25 Minute Wait)
9:05 pm – Toy Story Mania (20 Minute Wait)
9:30 pm – Wonderful World of Animation
10:00 pm – Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular
10:15 pm – Left Park and Returned to Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Visiting HS on 11/30 and rope-drop EMH at 7 AM (arriving by 6:30 AM). We were going to hit Toy Story Land first, as we don't have a FP for Slinky Dog Dash, and then go straight to SWGE. I read on a blog from August that you could not enter SWGE from Toy Story Land in the morning but had to walk all the way back around. Is this still true? That could make me change our plans and do SWGE first and Toy Story Land second. Thanks!

Visiting HS on 11/30 and rope-drop EMH at 7 AM (arriving by 6:30 AM). We were going to hit Toy Story Land first, as we don't have a FP for Slinky Dog Dash, and then go straight to SWGE. I read on a blog from August that you could not enter SWGE from Toy Story Land in the morning but had to walk all the way back around. Is this still true? That could make me change our plans and do SWGE first and Toy Story Land second. Thanks!
Moved you to the moving from TSL into SWGE discussion and tracking thread.

I'll try one last time as we will be in HS on Sunday Nov 3 when there is 8am EMM. What time are they converting the SWGE/Toy Story to both exit and entry?

Yesterday when we got off SR at 6:32 and went to TSL, the path was open for entry and exit. My guess would be it’s one way just as the initial crowd is walking in to prevent people from cutting through TSL to get to SR.

Now that ROTR is open what time have people been allowed to enter Galaxy's Edge from Toy Story Land?

6 am opening today. We did SR and ROTR and just headed to TSL. Currently (7:22) exit only into TSL. Cast members stationed there announcing that as you leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter