Sweet Potatos: With or With out Marshmallow Topping?

Nobody in my family has every fixed them with, I have had them at other people's homes that way. I love sweets but that was too sweet for me even before I was watching my blood sugar.

Haven't done a marshmallow topping since one of my nephews reading about it clamoured for them. That was prolly 15 years ago. Now if they are served as a side dish on this end it's OJ and brown sugar.

What's your family's preference?

DD#1, DS and I don't eat them. DH and DD#2 prefer just baked with a bit of brown sugar and butter.

Haven't done a marshmallow topping since one of my nephews reading about it clamoured for them. That was prolly 15 years ago. Now if they are served as a side dish on this end it's OJ and brown sugar.

What's your family's preference?

A sweet potato casserole has been on our Thanksgiving table as long as I can remember - it's actually a southern dish that isn't limited to the holiday. We like them with brown sugar/spices and topped with marshmallows, or sometimes we make a tasty pecan topping.

I only just started eating sweet potatoes within the last two years. Love them. I've never liked marshmallows but I admit I've never had them with sweet potatoes. Really doubt I'd like it.

Sweet potatoes with marshmallow would be way too exotic for anyone in my group. I recall not liking them much but it's been so long I'd be willing to try again.

We liked them baked or roasted. I did make a sweet potato casserole a few times but it just tastes like dessert to me. Never had it with marshmallows.

My MIL makes them with a pecan topping. I've never had them with marshmallows. (Growing up, sweet potatoes were not on our menu, ever.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter