Sweating our way around the world! August with a 1yr old with lots of tips to come!

Hi there! I realize I am jumping in on the tail end of this TR, but it looks like are little girls are VERY close in age. We'll also be there in December, but a few before you guys. I am loving your travel list, am interested to see how nursing at the parks, goes and how your carrier situation works out. We have an Ergo that we have used a lot, but not lately. We have both a Peg and Mac, but I think the Peg will be going with us.

I hope your trip is amazing... oh and fill me in on this getting the tickets early thing... I am VERY intrigued!!

Oh goodness!!! Glad you remembered to cancel that! :thumbsup2

I'm just excited that we have an extra day and that we aren't flying...the only time I've been happy about not flying.

Hi there! I realize I am jumping in on the tail end of this TR, but it looks like are little girls are VERY close in age. We'll also be there in December, but a few before you guys. I am loving your travel list, am interested to see how nursing at the parks, goes and how your carrier situation works out. We have an Ergo that we have used a lot, but not lately. We have both a Peg and Mac, but I think the Peg will be going with us.

I hope your trip is amazing... oh and fill me in on this getting the tickets early thing... I am VERY intrigued!!

It's just the tail end of the PTR, you've come at a great time! :thumbsup2

As for the carrier, my Ergo Performance arrived today from Amazon. I cancelled the one from mystrollers (and still haven't been refunded BTW--AVOID them!)

Early Ticket Pickup--This nugget is completely thanks to Cheshire Figment the DIS Ticket Expert:
I. Picking up Package Tickets Prior To Start Of Package

In cases where Walt Disney World Resort Guests would like to begin using their Package Tickets prior to the day of check-in (up to three days in advance), the Guests will be directed to visit any Theme Park Guest Relations location and request Early Ticket Pick-Up.

It is only valid for people with packages at a Walt Disney World owned and operated Resort. You can be staying off-property at the time you pick up the tickets.

There is a possibility that if your package and the stay prior to the package are at the same Resort that you will be able to get the tickets at the Resort and not have to go to a Park Guest Relations Office.

And the tickets issued will be valid for the entire stay; they will not receive valid tickets when they actually check-in to their resort. There is a strong possibility that the tickets you have received prior to check-in cannot be added to your KTTW on or after check-in.
This is his sticky thread:
Everything About WDW Tickets

Margaret--I found your PTR and will get through it when I get back, but I had to say that your DD is ADORABLE!! (So are the boys of course ;))

And I see you're in Cinci? So close, yet so far away! lol Are you Bengals fans? (If you are Steelers fans, I'm afraid I can't speak to you anymore ;))

It's just the tail end of the PTR, you've come at a great time! :thumbsup2

As for the carrier, my Ergo Performance arrived today from Amazon. I cancelled the one from mystrollers (and still haven't been refunded BTW--AVOID them!)

Early Ticket Pickup--This nugget is completely thanks to Cheshire Figment the DIS Ticket Expert:

This is his sticky thread:
Everything About WDW Tickets

Thanks for the scoop on the early pick-up. That totally changes everything on my touring plans. I hope the Ergo works out great for you. My hubby liked it better than any carrier he has ever used, including a frame backpack. We've even had my middle son in it at about 2.5 and it was totally comfy!

Margaret--I found your PTR and will get through it when I get back, but I had to say that your DD is ADORABLE!! (So are the boys of course ;))

And I see you're in Cinci? So close, yet so far away! lol Are you Bengals fans? (If you are Steelers fans, I'm afraid I can't speak to you anymore ;))

Thanks on the compliments! Lily is just darling too! I can't believe she is already saying Pooh! I cannot wait for that moment! And yes, we are in Cinci, but are originally from MI. I am, sadly, a Lions fan. It's a habit I'd love to break, but you know how you just feel the hope every August that this year is going to be the one where your team comes through. ;) My hubby is actually in Cleveland tonight at the Indians game (and a meeting for work).

Thanks for the scoop on the early pick-up. That totally changes everything on my touring plans. I hope the Ergo works out great for you. My hubby liked it better than any carrier he has ever used, including a frame backpack. We've even had my middle son in it at about 2.5 and it was totally comfy!

Thanks on the compliments! Lily is just darling too! I can't believe she is already saying Pooh! I cannot wait for that moment! And yes, we are in Cinci, but are originally from MI. I am, sadly, a Lions fan. It's a habit I'd love to break, but you know how you just feel the hope every August that this year is going to be the one where your team comes through. ;) My hubby is actually in Cleveland tonight at the Indians game (and a meeting for work).

Got to try out the new Ergo last night and I LOVE it!! Fits super comfy and it's much lighter than the regular Ergo. DH is already excited about trying the hip carry. Whatever gets him carrying more than me! :thumbsup2 I'll give a full review when we get back.

A Lions fan...then we totally understand each other! :hug: :rotfl:

This time tomorrow, I'll know exactly how smart or stupid crazy it was to drive with a 1 year old! I hope to get the TR started ASAP, but I likely won't get a chance to get back here until August 24th. See you all then! :wizard:

(Keep us in your thoughts for a smooth drive! (and trip!)):thumbsup2

Got to try out the new Ergo last night and I LOVE it!! Fits super comfy and it's much lighter than the regular Ergo. DH is already excited about trying the hip carry. Whatever gets him carrying more than me! :thumbsup2 I'll give a full review when we get back.

A Lions fan...then we totally understand each other! :hug: :rotfl:

This time tomorrow, I'll know exactly how smart or stupid crazy it was to drive with a 1 year old! I hope to get the TR started ASAP, but I likely won't get a chance to get back here until August 24th. See you all then! :wizard:

(Keep us in your thoughts for a smooth drive! (and trip!)):thumbsup2

Yes, we can totally understand each other when it comes to football. :goodvibes

Hope that car ride is a breeze! I'll be thinking of you guys! Looking forward to hearing more at the end of the month!

Hi Sarah-

Just wanted to pop over and wish you safe travels and a happy trip! :goodvibes Looks like you'll be going from hot and muggy to hot and muggy!

Have lots of fun! :yay:

Just jumping on to say we're back and had a WONDERFUL time. I don't want to get a head of myself, but the trip was really all I could have hoped for and I can't wait to take her back!

I might get the first installment done tonight. I guess I need to start a new thread?

Welcome back!! I am glad to hear it was such a great trip. Can't wait for the details!!!

Hi! I'm new to these boards, and just found your TR and PTR. I cannot tell you how excited I am to read so much info about taking small kids. We are going next March with an 11 month old, and a just turned two year old. It's gonna be crazy but fun! Now that I finished your PTR, I'm headed over to read the trip report. Then I'm gonna go find all the other families TR's you linked. THANKS!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter