Swan Vs Dolphin

disneymom1211

Earning My Ears
My teenager daughter has agreed to be seen with her mom on a trip to Disney. We usually stay at the Beach Club, but were thinking of trying the Swan or Dolphin since we're going during Easter Break. Any pros/cons of one over the other. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!! Been 2 years since our last trip.... counting the days :banana:

I can reccommend the Swan, since I've stayed there in April 2006. The resort is immaculate since Westin and Sheraton have decided to invest $75 million dollars in renovations which includes new wallpapering, new bedding, exterior paintings, etc. Be certain to walk the grounds and check out the pool.

Sounds like it's nice. I'm thinking of giving it a shot. I see you've stayed at the Disney properties too. Do you think my daughter will be disappointed with the Swan if she's always stayed in the "official" Disney resorts?

Depending upon your dates (I am going 31 Mar til 7 Apr 2007) you may not have a choice of which hotel. The Dolphin is fully booked for MY dates so we did find availability at the Swan!

We just did our lst Dolphin stay and usually stay at the Swan. I havent posted my Dolphin review yet. But I would have to pick the Swan because of the size of the beds, the Swans are queen, versus the Dolphins doubles. My biggest decision is the Swan is smaller, less walking and they are the lst bus stop, by the time the busses get to the Dolphin, you most likely will be standing during busy times. The Dolphin has a much bigger lobby and the restraunt choices are more there.

I usually stay at the Swan and prefer its smaller size, 2 bathroom sinks, queen beds, first busstop. It's closer to the Boardwalk than the Dolphin is, and I usually walk to Epcot via the Boardwalk. It's also less of a hike to go back to the Swan after an evening at Jellyrolls! I'm thinking some DIS people will be REALLY glad they're staying there tonight: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=980214

I've been leaning toward the Swan just looking at the smaller size. I'm a little nervous because I've read a lot of bad reviews about service at the Swan. Have any of you had that experience?

disneymom1211 said:
I've been leaning toward the Swan just looking at the smaller size. I'm a little nervous because I've read a lot of bad reviews about service at the Swan. Have any of you had that experience?

I guess I've missed seeing those reviews. I've always had wonderful service at the Swan.

I love the Swan. Beds much more comfortable than the Disney owned resorts. very convenient transportation. Excellent, courteous staff.

If you enjoy a more elegant refined resort, the Swan. For something a little more upbeat, lively, bustling and festive, the Dolphin.

Like NancyIL, we are also repeat customers of these fine resorts. We love the services offered, the location, the wonderful comfortable beds after a long day of walking and the overall ambiance. Their room service breakfast is awesome!

When it's just the hubby and myself, I prefer the Swan. When we bring along our teen sons (soon to be 16 and 17 years old) we prefer the Dolphin as they like to run down to Picabu or the arcade on their own and it's just downstairs. It's not a far walk from the Swan though, it's just across the courtyard.

It's not an all disney all the time resort. If your daughter is looking for Mickey and Minnie at every turn, she won't find it at the Swan or Dolphin. What you will find are nice little groupings of comfortable chairs and sofas, and a cute gift shop. There's just enough "Disney" to not be overwhelming. We get enough of that in the parks. It's nice to return to a little peace and quiet at the end of the day.

The location can't be beat in my opinion, and since it's a tall resort, some of the views can be outstanding depending on our location.

I think for a mother/daughter trip the Swan would be an excellent choice!

Another vote here for the Swan, fantastic rooms and service and the Beds have it all over any Disney resort.

The Dolphin is slightly closer to the Grotto pool. The Dolphin also has more restaurants. The 24/7 "food court" Picabu and the Fountain are located in the Dolphin.

:goodvibes For teen DD & DM - I would do the Swan.

We are at the Dolphin Easter week - snagged an AAA rate.
For us with kids, the closeness to the Grotto pool, Picabu's (24 hour refillable mug place), laundry and game room are important.

Have fun and enjoy ! :goodvibes

One more thing....I tend to spend more time at Epcot than at the other parks. Because I'm not as young and full of energy as I used to be, I like being able to go back to the resort for a few hours to rest my weary body. I can't tell you how convenient it is to be able to walk back to my room at the Swan in 10 minutes from Epcot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter