Swan and Dolphin resort lovers

MAG1630

Earning My Ears
All you Swan and Dolphin Resort fans!!!!!!:wave2:

Can you please tell me which one do you prefer more the Dolphin or the Swan???

Where exactly are the lake view rooms located in the Dolphin and is that a good view?

What are the standard views like in the Swan?

thanks for all your help :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

It's all a matter of personal preference... But we prefer the Dolphin. It's larger, more whimsical (IMHO), and offers more convenience for us. The Swan is a bit more subdued, smaller in size and refined in decor. The Swan has Two Queens or one King bed in the room, the Dolphin has two oversized Doubles, or one king.

Lake views in the Dolphin are located in the front of the building, which is usually the view depicted or shown in most of the press photos.

right_mid_b.jpg

The rooms look out over the Lake, The Swan, Epcot & MGM, and the BWI, BC & YC resorts.

The Standard view rooms in the Swan are very nice (from all the posts I've read). ::yes::

These are two wonderful properties, located in the heart of the Epcot resorts area. The accomodations and amenities are top-rate. I hope you enjoy your selection.

:wave2:

We prefer the Dolphin simply because the Grotto pool is right next to it but is a (slight) walk from the Swan.

Swan is a smaller hotel with larger beds (Q). The Dolphin is closer to the theme pool and has a better variety of restaurants in the building. The Dolphin has the business/convention center and is slightly more likely to have a few more business guests.

The hotels have more similarities than differences.

We loved the Swan last Christmas Week. It is smaller and we had wonderful staff all the time and especially on CL. We also enjoyed the restaurants at both including Fresh and Fountain Shop at Dolphin. The lobby at Dolphin is much grander and was decorated beautifully for the holidays. We would return to Swan, just for the intimate size and wonderful service..I 'm sure that the Dolphin is lovely also...can't be them for location and we got the teacher's rate fo $149 but then upgraded to CL.
Connears

Preference is so tough to say!

The Dolphin has some amazing views from their rooms and the conveniences are also great with Tubbi's right downstairs 24 hrs a day and FRESH which is now at the top of my list for WDW restaurant favorites...are just some of the highlights!!

But we love the Swan for it's "initimate" feel and great views of the Dolphin. It is smaller but we kinda like that, easy to get around. Doesn't have the Tubbi's convenience but it's all a trade off depending on your preference!

We just got back today from a lovely stay at the Dolphin with just an amazing room!! I'll post photos as soon as I get them downloaded.

I agree with the previous poster - it is TOUGH to decide which I really like more, really you feel like you are a part of both resorts when you star there, but, I might give the slight edge to the Swan, just because I really like the intimate feel of the lobby bar than I do of the Dolphin which is really huge and convention-like. I somewhat feel like you can't go wrong with either, but we have had the 'convention' view a few times at the Dolphin, which consists of a loading dock and other industrial atrocities. We had a 'standard' view at the Swan and requested a balcony, and were lucky to get one--our view was over the doors that led to the Dolphin. Not bad...we could see the Boardwalk in the distance and alot of nice landscaping. We are big fans of S/D both and of the boardwalk area in general. Good luck with your decision!

We have stayed at the swan twice and visited the dolphin to go to tubbis and come back from the grotto pool. We like the swan because it is smaller but the walk to the pool is a little longer. We always get the govt. rate so I dont know if that is considered a standard view. Our one view was the back of the clam shell looking over to the dolphin. We could see some fireworks far off in the distance from the 10th floor. I think this time we were on like the 6th or 8th floor and our view was of the front entrance. If you looked sideways you could see the tower of terror. We really dont spend much time in the room. We do ask for a room closer to the elevator to cut down on walking. Every bit helps after a long day in the parks and with one ds with asthma and its closer to the ice machine. Suits us just fine.

My preference runs to the Swan, but that is just because of the smaller size. If you have kids, preferences tend to lean towards the Dolphin. As long as you are mobile, the walk between the two is minimal, same with walk to the grotto pool. Lap pool is by the Swan.

Thanks for all your responses!!:wave2: :wave2:

With all the infor I have gotten I've decided to go with the Dolphin So thanks for all your help

:teeth:

DF ..That's a big reason why I went with the Dolphin because of the photos I've seen of the hotel are more whimsical than the Swan......and I just fell in love with the way the lobby looks.

jwfla422 Thanks for the info on Tubbi's........And I'll be looking out for you pics

Thanks everyone:wave2: :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter