Swan and Dolphin or POR?

tinkamom

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
Anyone want to help me decide? My family and I are staying at the Dolphin for 6 nights at the end of April and I want to add a few more days to our vacation.

I was thinking of either switching over to POR for another 4-5 nights or extending our Dolphin stay for 3-4 nights. I've never stayed at or even seen the Swan and Dolphin before so I'm not really sure how to compare the two resorts. I've never even visited the boardwalk area before!

Any thoughts?

I guess I would have to ask about your party first. How many adults and/or kids?

We love POR and this will be our second stay there when we arrive in May. We love the theming and we think it's romantic too. The Sassagoula River, the mansion, Alligator Bayou everything. Now we've never stayed at the Dolphin or the Swan they look beautiful but POR is really special.

:flower3:

I guess I would have to ask about your party first. How many adults and/or kids?

We love POR and this will be our second stay there when we arrive in May. We love the theming and we think it's romantic too. The Sassagoula River, the mansion, Alligator Bayou everything. Now we've never stayed at the Dolphin or the Swan they look beautiful but POR is really special.

:flower3:

I agree that POR is very special, we love POR too! Thats why I want to change resorts but then I think of how much easier it would be to just stay in one place. :confused3 But since I've never been to the S&D....I just don't know! The trip is for 2 adults and 2 kids, ages 14 and 5.

We just stayed in a standard room at the Swan Feb 9/10/11. Two queen beds. Two adults and two children (5 & 7).

Room was spotless and comfortable but a bit crowded for that many people. View was a corner standard overlooking epcot so we could see the fireworks. Not a lot of drawer space (basically one drawer per person) and the one closet isn't overly large but has multiple levels. You will likely have to live out of the suitcase to some extent. Dolphin seemed to have more to offer for the family vacation (believe there is a coin laundry in the Dolphin) and the Fountain Restaraunt is very kid friendly. Swan seems geared to more business traveler/convention types. Staff at both were outstanding.

The pools (5?) and hot tubs (4?) are joint for the swan and dolphin and kids will likely spend most time in the grotto pool. It wasn't overly heated but that didn't stop our kids. Towels and complimentary kids life jackets are available at the main pool cabana.

Water taxi from the Swan to epcot and MGM was a pleasure to use and quick.

I would definitely stay here again on a business trip with my wife but would likely look for something more themed and having two rooms if its with the kids again.

We have not stayed at POR so cannot comment.

We've stayed at POR and at the Swan. I love them both for different reasons. The convenience of being close to Epcot and DHS is a big plus for us. The BW area is so fun at night and your children will love it!!! Since you've stayed at POR before, I would extend the stay at the Swan or Dolphin. Oh, and the best part is the beds!!! Did I mention the beds.... those that you will have to drag your family out by their heels becuase they are too comfortable. :lovestruc Those have to be the best beds ever!!!! I may have to make me a ressie now.... Just thinking about it is making me want to sleep there!!!!

Have a great time!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter