Swan and Dolphin - Change to Park Transportation

This makes me sooo unhappy. Are they trying to make them less appealing, and hoping people will book a boardwalk resort?

Will they take away their Disney park bus stops and boot them out to where the rest of the non Disney resorts pick up and drop off?

It appears the bus stops may already have changed. Someone posted earlier today on the Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates thread...

We got caught by surprise with this. We weren’t staying there but had dinner reservations at Il Mulino after our DHS day. After a long, hot day in the sun we thought it would make sense to grab the bus over there as the Friendship boats aren’t running. Big Mistake.

There was no signage for a Swan/Dolphin bus directing you to a bus slot. We finally found the one and only CM (that we saw anyway) working the bus area, and even he wasn’t sure where we should wait. He thought it was the charter area so we headed that way. Fortunately we found some other guests waiting on a different charter who had seen one for Swan/ Dolphin earlier. We waited 45 minutes for the bus, only to have it drive right by the Swan, go to Epcot (no one there there be picked up) and then finally back to the Swan.

The whole time we were waiting we kept debating amongst ourselves whether we should give up and walk or surely a bus will be here soon.

Shoulda walked.

Nobody really knows why this change has happened. Some are guessing it may be due to layoffs and therefore less buses currently available and others wonder if Swan/Dolphin possibly made the changes as I believe they pay a fee to Disney for their buses.

I don't know, just different things I've read today.

I’m confused. PP posted from someone who had been at DHS and could not find the bus stop for the bus to the Swan.

I know the boats are not running between the epcot resorts and dhs. But I have not heard that buses were running in their place. I thought you had to walk.

Maybe they couldn’t find the Swan bus at DHS because there is no Swan bus at DHS.

I’m confused. PP posted from someone who had been at DHS and could not find the bus stop for the bus to the Swan.

I know the boats are not running between the epcot resorts and dhs. But I have not heard that buses were running in their place. I thought you had to walk.

Maybe they couldn’t find the Swan bus at DHS because there is no Swan bus at DHS.
That’s quite possible. This thread was about buses switching from Disney buses to Mears but you’re quite right in that they were probably looking for a bus that didn’t exist at all. I hadn’t picked up on that! Lol!!

Update (to hopefully clear up any confusion): @Dave006 explained below that buses have been running from the Swan and Dolphin to all 4 theme parks since reopening in July.

Last edited:

No the Swan & Dolphin since reopening have been running buses to all 4 parks. Disney buses to MK and AK and the Mears buses for Epcot and HS since the Friendship boats are not currently running.

Today's change is to switch to all Mears bus service to all 4 parks. The Swan & Dolphin app also indicates that the buses will begin 45 min before each Park opening and end at 45 min after Park closing.

Dave

Last edited:
Y’all confused me with some of the posts above and some other things I read, so apologies, but has it been confirmed if the Mears bus to MK will operate from the TTC where other third party shuttles pick up/drop off?

Yea I am also confused but until we get first hand reports it is unclear about where at the Parks the Mears buses will drop off or pick up.

Before today's announcement the Mears buses for the Swan & Dolphin only covered the DHS and Epcot as a replacement for the Friendships.

Dave

Confirmed on another Disney forum buses between MK and S/D are loading at TTC.

Last edited:
Confirmed on another Disney forum buses between MK and S/D are loading at TTC.

Boooo.:mad::mad::mad:

So you are struggling as a company and one of your ideas is to make it harder for people that are already going to your parks and spending money there???

We just got back from staying at the Swan for 5 nights using Marriott points. We had a great time, but this might be a deal breaker for me. I would probably take the bus from one of the Disney Boardwalk resorts. We had a wonderful breakfast at the Yacht Club, and we could have easily gotten on the bus from there.

So you are struggling as a company and one of your ideas is to make it harder for people that are already going to your parks and spending money there???

Not sure which company you are referring to ... Disney or Marriott? We don’t know whose decision this was. Did Disney cancel the bus service or did Marriott decide to not renew a contract or pay the required costs?? Seems more like a Marriott decision to save $$.

It may be as simple as the Mears buses are very tall motor coaches with the luggage areas below and may not fix under the resort loop roof overhang while the normal Disney buses are the low People mover types with no lower storage areas.

Don't the Disney Cruise buses arrive at the resorts using the furthest lanes from the Porte cochère (covered driveways)?

Dave

We had both Coronado Springs and Swan booked for Thanksgiving week. As the price at Swan was over $150 cheaper We dropped Coronado. This was BEFORE the bus change. We did see a Studios bus for Swan in August, but since we walk to that park we did not think it was a big deal. MK, AK And Springs are really bad as it loses the advantage of bus service. Also, I am sure they will only run once per hour per park. This is also a major issue. We are changing our December trip to Coronado and pay $60 more for the 8 nights as it is worth it. The free magic bands make up for the price difference

The Swan & Dolphin app states the buses will pick up from the Swan & Dolphin every 20-30 minutes from the front of the resorts.

Dave

The Swan & Dolphin app states the buses will pick up from the Swan & Dolphin every 20-30 minutes from the front of the resorts.

Dave

From what we saw and was told by a Mears bus driver in August that is not accurate. he said 45 minutes and we never saw a bus actually running between the toe. Just sitting in the Swan circle with a driver relaxing in it. Only bus we saw at Studios was going to JW

Ahh this new full Mears buses to all Parks just started yesterday and the app was updated to reflect this new change.

If you want to verify I would suggest you call the Swan directly and ask at 407-934-4000.

Dave

From what we saw and was told by a Mears bus driver in August that is not accurate. he said 45 minutes and we never saw a bus actually running between the toe. Just sitting in the Swan circle with a driver relaxing in it. Only bus we saw at Studios was going to JW
DIS members find bus drivers are the best source of accurate information.
:)

S/D says every 20 to 30 minutes. Same as Disney. Posters at WDWA often claim they wait longer.

DIS members find bus drivers are the best source of accurate information.
:)

S/D says every 20 to 30 minutes. Same as Disney. Posters at WDWA often claim they wait longer.

We witnessed it as well. Not one bus came by the entire time we were there which is not the norm. Will be there for Thanksgiving and will give first hand report. But we already decided we will walk to Boardwalk for our MK days.

Disney Transport has announced new magic band required for Ft W Camgrounds on Halloween which makes
me worry about future . Do you think this will happen for other holidays too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter